Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Something new to ponder regarding corrals...

Screenshot_20210824-111948~2.png

This language doesn't appear for either the W&D or Marathon weekends.

dreamfinder

I get that, but why not let you add it to your registration? Such as have an option for the races without yoga and one with?

I'd say optimism on RunDisney's part. Try to get people to book their race and get out. Assuming that their systems would be slammed for a while, instead of being able to register with no queue like 20 mins in.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
DLP is a much smaller race than Princess. And can't you walk to the staging area from the hotels?

Yes, but you have to go through security as you leave the hotel, which created huge bottlenecks. Now they have different closure times for the corrals, about a half hour apart per corral if I remember correctly.

I don’t think it will be as complicated as you might imagine. Are you really going to get there for 5 am when you are told your corral’s time is 6 am? I think most people will choose an extra hour of sleep.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes, but you have to go through security as you leave the hotel, which created huge bottlenecks. Now they have different closure times for the corrals, about a half hour apart per corral if I remember correctly.

I don’t think it will be as complicated as you might imagine. Are you really going to get there for 5 am when you are told your corral’s time is 6 am? I think most people will choose an extra hour of sleep.

If that's how it is going to operate, yes, I'd prefer an extra hour of sleep. But knowing those charter buses...

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Something new to ponder regarding corrals...

View attachment 581999

This language doesn't appear for either the W&D or Marathon weekends.
I notice that they are doing the 4 start groups for the 5k and the 10k....
I wonder if it's because for the half they use the road for all the corrals and the start, where as the 5k and 10k start was in the parking lot. Last 10k was insane the amount of people all jammed together in each corral and then each corral was next to each other, plus within each corral they did rolling starts in groups.

And do we think they decided to do these different arrival times because they weren't holding back the max people for this race?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I notice that they are doing the 4 start groups for the 5k and the 10k....
I wonder if it's because for the half they use the road for all the corrals and the start, where as the 5k and 10k start was in the parking lot. Last 10k was insane the amount of people all jammed together in each corral and then each corral was next to each other, plus within each corral they did rolling starts in groups.

And do we think they decided to do these different arrival times because they weren't holding back the max people for this race?

Who knows. I always thought reducing the Princess 5k to 3 corrals was a bad idea. That's a huge race.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Looks like the 10k has sold out. Maybe. Reg page says sold out, but event page says registration opening soon.

It's not sold out. You can click on the event and register for it. Just tried it.

Disney IT strikes again!

Surprised the 5k is still available.

dreamfinder

It's not sold out. You can click on the event and register for it. Just tried it.

Disney IT strikes again!

Surprised the 5k is still available.

Very strange. If I try to register (tried again right now) it shows "Looks like this category is full" on the event selection page in the registration process. Were you a member of the club? Wonder if they still have spots saved for them.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I didn't register yesterday. I was thinking about the 10k just to give me something between the Celebration half (If I run it) and the new race at the end of March but...meh.

5k, half and challenge are still available

LAKid53

Premium Member
Very strange. If I try to register (tried again right now) it shows "Looks like this category is full" on the event selection page in the registration process. Were you a member of the club? Wonder if they still have spots saved for them.

I am. But we are told that our spots are only reserved until the night before general registration opens. Only Platinum members get access to the 5K and 10K, along with the Half and Challenge. Gold get only the Half and Challenge. And we can only select one race.

It now says sold out. Must have done so in the time between m me trying and posting and you trying.

dreamfinder

I am. But we are told that our spots are only reserved until the night before general registration opens. Only Platinum members get access to the 5K and 10K, along with the Half and Challenge. Gold get only the Half and Challenge. And we can only select one race.

It now says sold out. Must have done so in the time between m me trying and posting and you trying.

*Shrug* I dunno. It told me sold out on the reg page before I posted. I thought the not yet open message was strange, so wanted to check.

LAKid53

Premium Member
*Shrug* I dunno. It told me sold out on the reg page before I posted. I thought the not yet open message was strange, so wanted to check.

I saw the same after your first post. Clicked on it and it took me to the race page with the green "register now". I clicked on that and was able to select that race from the drop down menu once I was sent into the registration system.

Weird.

dreamfinder

I saw the same after your first post. Clicked on it and it took me to the race page with the green "register now". I clicked on that and was able to select that race from the drop down menu once I was sent into the registration system.

Weird.

Maybe we saw the rare and elusive last entry slot being filled? Like maybe (no idea how since their IT is terrible) they have the front end cut it off if they are as many people who have it in their basket as they have slots. Lessens the chance of people from getting all the way through the process and then finding out it's gone. *shrug* The world may never know..........

LAKid53

Premium Member
Maybe we saw the rare and elusive last entry slot being filled? Like maybe (no idea how since their IT is terrible) they have the front end cut it off if they are as many people who have it in their basket as they have slots. Lessens the chance of people from getting all the way through the process and then finding out it's gone. *shrug* The world may never know..........

I was registering for the 2019 W&D 5k, entering my cc info, hit the "pay" button and everything froze. About that time I saw someone say it had just closed.

Agree. Disney's IT is just plain awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom