Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Surferboy567

My Challenge and 5K arrived! One thing I haven’t seen and didn’t know is on the 10K medal the Rapunzel lantern part moves up and down.

EDIT: These are super nice and in the challenge medals case heavy. They are some of the nicest medals I have in my collection. I really shouldn’t sleep on Princess. I also think they are more special since it’s my first challenge.

Next up, Star Wars!

Last edited:

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
With the leak on Friday for upcoming races at WDW, it had Princess Weekend over President's day Weekend. Some suggested it was 2020 dates with the 2022 year added, I've read that some people suggest its going to over President's day weekend. Well...

On the ESPN WWOS events page there is the

Disney Presidents Day Soccer Tournament on Feb 19 - 21, 2022 ESPN WWOS EVENTS

and they'll be using the complex that weekend... which rD could use another event space. But why have 2 big events happening on the same busy weekend? I'm thinking it will be the following weekend like it has been the last couple years.

Surferboy567

With the leak on Friday for upcoming races at WDW, it had Princess Weekend over President's day Weekend. Some suggested it was 2020 dates with the 2022 year added, I've read that some people suggest its going to over President's day weekend. Well...

On the ESPN WWOS events page there is the

Disney Presidents Day Soccer Tournament on Feb 19 - 21, 2022 ESPN WWOS EVENTS

and they'll be using the complex that weekend... which rD could use another event space. But why have 2 big events happening on the same busy weekend? I'm thinking it will be the following weekend like it has been the last couple years.
They probably wouldn’t want to have a huge expo the same week as a Soccer tournament. It’s do-able technically but makes little sense. You are probably correct.

Surferboy567

So here is where I am in terms of this race weekend (will be doing a post for every weekend).

I am very happy to see they have added a virtual option. I am disappointed to see they took away the no shirt option for virtual. This unfortunately, changes how many events I can register for given the price. As for the themes the two that catch my eye is Moana & Mulan. I may register for those depending on what they are in terms of distance and theme.

Unfortunately, I think in person for me in this race is probably out of the question. Similar to marathon weekend it’s probably wiser to wait it out and see if any new additions open. This theme also doesn’t appeal to me as much as the others.

Last edited:

RunningKoen

So here is where I am in terms of this race weekend (will be doing a post for every weekend).

I am very happy to see they have added a virtual option. I am disappointed to see they took away the no shirt option for virtual. This unfortunately, changes how many events I can register for given the price. As for the themes the two that catch my eye is Moana & Mulan. I may register for those depending on what they are in terms of distance and theme.

Unfortunately, I think in person for me in this race is probably out of the question. Similar to marathon weekend it’s probably wiser to wait it out and see if any new additions open. This theme also doesn’t appeal to me as much as the others.

Fully agree on each point!

Rteetz

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 10.54.52 PM.png

This is what I have for Princess. If anyone has any numbers to fill in that would be great!

Surferboy567

The themes for princess are live:

5K- Cinderella
10K- Tiana
Half- Mulan
Challenge- Moana

Really wanted a Moana medal, not going to go for challenge. Was hoping she was going to be the 5K, 10K, or Half. Out of this selection the challenge and the half excite me the most. Maybe, I’ll go for the half would be more inclined if they brought back the no shirt option.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

5K- Cinderella
10K- Tiana
Half- Mulan
Challenge- Moana

Really wanted a Moana medal, not going to go for challenge. Was hoping she was going to be the 5K, 10K, or Half. Out of this selection the challenge and the half excite me the most. Maybe, I’ll go for the half would be more inclined if they brought back the no shirt option.

I'm not seeing this on rundisney.com did they post on social media?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member

5K- Cinderella
10K- Tiana
Half- Mulan
Challenge- Moana

Am I crazy or are they just reusing last year’s themes and reversing the order of the characters associated with which races for each weekend?

I’m calling a “space themed” springtime surprise with the following:

5k - x-wing and tie fighter
10k - Yoda and Vader
Half - Leia and Stormtrooper
Challenge - Ashako Tano and Darth Maul

😁

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Am I crazy or are they just reusing last year’s themes and reversing the order of the characters associated with which races for each weekend?

I’m calling a “space themed” springtime surprise with the following:

5k - x-wing and tie fighter
10k - Yoda and Vader
Half - Leia and Stormtrooper
Challenge - Ashako Tano and Darth Maul

😁

I think you've spotted their diabolical scheme to get rid of last year's stuff... 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom