Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Surferboy567

Happy race week everyone!

They posted a blog post on the Disney Parks Blog about Princess it contains information we all know about except one thing. We have our first look at three of the medals. Pictured in this blog post are the 5K, Half, and Challenge medals. This is the first time we have seen the 5K, and Challenge medals as actual medals and not concept art. I feel they look much better when you see them as actual medals and not just concept art. The colors on the 5K medal really pop, and the challenge medal has a see through quality to it with glitter.

EDIT: The 10K medal is also pictured and I just missed it!

Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...l-2021-disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend/

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Happy race week everyone!

They posted a blog post on the Disney Parks Blog about Princess it contains information we all know about except one thing. We have our first look at three of the medals. Pictured in this blog post are the 5K, Half, and Challenge medals. This is the first time we have seen the 5K, and Challenge medals as actual medals and not concept art. I feel they look much better when you see them as actual medals and not just concept art. The colors on the 5K medal really pop, and the challenge medal has a see through quality to it with glitter.

EDIT: The 10K medal is also pictured and I just missed it!

It is helpful if you would include the link to the Blog story in your comment. Thanks.

Surferboy567

It is helpful if you would include the link to the Blog story in your comment. Thanks.

Also updated the post.

LAKid53

Premium Member

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Happy Expo Day everyone. Today's Orlando temps remind me of 2019's princess weekend which was hot/humid/gross. BUTTTTTTTTT...it's supposed to be CHILLY this weekend. May actually get my 5k done tomorrow morning - we'll see.

Surferboy567

Completed my first event of Princess. The 5K race! I did it on the treadmill and actually managed to PR!

Time: 34:51
Distance: 3.11
Avg Pace: 11:11

According to my metrics my fastest 5K according during the WDW 10K. Where I ran 5K of that 10K race in just about 35:36. Of course running on the treadmill isn’t the same as actually doing it outside but I am definitely happy with these results.

Anyways, tommorow is the next event for me as I am doing the full challenge.

Surferboy567

Good luck to all the runners, who are participating in the Enchanted 10K today. To my fellow challengers, good luck on the first day of the Fairytale Challenge!

Surferboy567

Completed the second event of Princess and the first of the Fairytale Challenge, the Enchanted 10K I again, did it on the treadmill and managed to PR once again!

Time: 01:13:36
Distance: 6.24
Avg Pace: 11:47

According to my metrics my previous fastest 10K was the WDW 10K. Much like yesterday’s 5K I beat the previously set WDW 10K of 01:14:33. Setting a new PR with the above results.

My next event is tomorrow, and is the last of Princess and the Fairytale Challenge.

Surferboy567

Good luck to all the runners participating in the Half marathon today. For all my fellow challengers good luck on the last event of the Fairytale Challenge and Princess.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Really considering joining the RunDisney family next year... Will there be anymore events this year after Star Wars weekend which is already sold out? If not at least I've got a year to get ready!

Wine and Dine - the first weekend in November. No word if it will be virtual or on property.

Wine and Dine - the first weekend in November. No word if it will be virtual or on property.
Awesome, thanks! I kinda like the idea of the virtual thing since it gives more people the opportunity to participate who are not always available to go to the parks, but I do think it would be cool to do an event like this in the parks someday. Sad that I haven't yet, but running has never been a thing that interest me until lately

Surferboy567

This was it the big one, the main event. 18 weeks of work and it’s finally finished. My first runDisney challenge is in the books! The Princess Half, was done on the treadmill just like every other race for this weekend. Once again, I didn’t just set a new PR I crushed my old record.

Here are the race stats:

Time: 02:36:11
Distance: 13.14
Avg Pace: 11:53

According to my metrics my fastest half before this was the WDW Half as it was the only one I ran before this. It was completed in 02:40:42, which now has just been beaten with the above stats.

Anyways, I am super excited to have ran my first entire race weekend even if it was done virtually and on a treadmill. Now to just wait for the medals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom