Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Honestly, I wish they would delay registrations for a while. I know that the revenue coming in is nice for Disney, but when we don’t even know what the theme park and running experiences will look like in November, much less January or February, it’s just causing extra anxiety and stress.

I’m worried for SW next month. I now realize how crazy lucky I was with Marathon Weekend, and missing out on SW means the end of my perfect streak. 🙁 Such a bummer when I was all set to go this year, and will now have to fight it out again!

SW is smaller than Marathon or Princess. If Princess with reduced bibs sold out in 30 minutes, imagine how difficult SW will be next month. And what about making resort reservations?

Last edited:

Figment82

SW is smaller than Marathon or Princess. If Princess with reduced bibs sold out in 30inutes, imagine how difficult SW will be next month. And what about making resort reservations?
I know... 🙁 I just wish they’d wait until at least the fall. Honestly, what’s the rush? They’ve delayed it once, I’m fairly certain everyone would understand - especially if it meant the possibility of additional bibs.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I know... 🙁 I just wish they’d wait until at least the fall. Honestly, what’s the rush? They’ve delayed it once, I’m fairly certain everyone would understand - especially if it meant the possibility of additional bibs.

People clamoring to know so they can make travel plans, such as book flights, I imagine.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Has anyone booked hotels for princess week yet? Are they selling out? Is anyone Waiting for possible but unlikely promo’s?
I’m not doing Princess this year, but was able to get a decent selection to choose from yesterday for Marathon and Star Wars weekends. I’d probably go ahead and book, if a deal pops up, you can always cancel and rebook. I think it might be wise to go ahead and have something to fall back on in case things book up soon at whatever resort you want.

Also, with park reservations, assuming they are still limiting admission and no park hopping when February rolls around, you might want to go ahead and get your selections locked in with a resort reservation now, in case selections for certain parks (ie. Hollywood Studios, with its low capacity), are filled up later on when deals come out.

dreamfinder

Has anyone booked hotels for princess week yet? Are they selling out? Is anyone Waiting for possible but unlikely promo’s?

I'd almost personally say get something booked now. If for some reason they end up having to re-limit hotel bookings, or change how reservations and the like are handled, having at least something would be better than not being able to get a booking. Princess weekend has always been a busy time at the hotels, since it usually overlaps with the winter vacations for the New England area, so stuff is usually pretty full. Of course, this year is a wild card, but better safe then sorry.

I don’t see any races happening next year. Cases here in Florida are going back up, due to Labor Day weekend. It’s September now, and it’s getting to be to late to be able to have races that are safe. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Rteetz

I think its bold to say no races at all in 2021. Are chances great for Marathon Weekend and Princess? No but I would hope to the ends of the earth that we are still not in this position say come November 2021.

I think its bold to say no races at all in 2021. Are chances great for Marathon Weekend and Princess? No but I would hope to the ends of the earth that we are still not in this position say come November 2021.
But can’t we social distance in the corrals and wear face coverings?? Or would that be to hard to set up in the corrals??

We very well could. Other races are doing such. It will be really interesting to see how Space Coast goes as that will be really the largest race in the States since COVID.
Run Disney might just have more waves of runners or even longer corrals but idk what I’m talking about. I mean even with the space coast weekend still happening, can’t Disney do whatever they want? Will be interesting to see what becomes of it though.

LAKid53

Premium Member
But can’t we social distance in the corrals and wear face coverings?? Or would that be to hard to set up in the corrals??

The number of bibs was reduced for the races. Space Coast Marathon in November is still scheduled as an in person race, with changes announced. If that race goes as planned and the protocols work, I think you'll see both Marathon and Princess weekends proceed as planned.

I would suggest finding a mask you feel comfortable running in, just to be prepared. Several running magazines have published recommendations.

LAKid53

Premium Member
We very well could. Other races are doing such. It will be really interesting to see how Space Coast goes as that will be really the largest race in the States since COVID.

They've provided their new protocols on their website. I recommend people review them with the thought that's what we may see in January and February, if the on-property races go as planned.

Rteetz

Run Disney might just have more waves of runners or even longer corrals but idk what I’m talking about. I mean even with the space coast weekend still happening, can’t Disney do whatever they want? Will be interesting to see what becomes of it though.
Disney has more freedom than many races thats for sure. Can they do what they want? Not quite. Disney loves good optics. Running a race as normal would look awful after everything they have done for the parks. We also have to see if they can get an appropriate amount of aid for these races. MW and Princess did sell less bibs than normal to hope for a doable weekend. I remain on pace to run these until they cancel.

The number of bibs was reduced for the races. Space Coast Marathon in November is still scheduled as an in person race, with changes announced. If that race goes as planned and the protocols work, I think you'll see both Marathon and Princess weekends proceed as planned.

I would suggest finding a mask you feel comfortable running in, just to be prepared. Several running magazines have published recommendations.
I will. I kinda like the Disney ones though, but I’ll see what the magazine recommends.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Within the parameters the state approved to allow WDW to reopen and what is allowed under the most recent executive order. I don't think Disney wants to risk being blamed for a dramatic spike in cases resulting from a race. There may need to be changes to course routes to prevent those well known bottlenecks and thus limit crowding at certain points.

It's too early to speculate regarding a February race. Best to see what happens with the Space Coast Marathon in November.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I will. I kinda like the Disney ones though, but I’ll see what the magazine recommends.

You do not want to wear a mask like that....it will be damp very quickly, given the rate of exhaling during strenuous exercise. You'll want a facemask made out of a fabric less prone to getting damp...and remaining that way, along with a shape that doesn't result in you sucking in the fabric every time you inhale. The Under Armour Sportsman is the highest rated of all the masks geared for exercising. It's not cheap, though. I've got one and it's very comfortable to wear while running.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom