Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
February 23 - 26, 2017
- On sale July 12, 2016 at noon ET.

February 18 - 21, 2016

Last edited:

Ariel484

Does the Princess 5k have a theme like a specific movie or is the theme Princess?

I am not sure if they have announced the theme for 2012, but the 2011 5K was the Beauty and the Beast 5k, and I think 2010 was Cinderella's step family/royal family. Either way, I think the course is always the same (through Epcot/World Showcase) and the theme mostly determines what the t-shirts/finisher medals look like. :wave:

ETA: Here is an entry on the touringplans.com blog from someone who ran the Princess Half Weekend 5k last year! :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We are 90% sure that we are going to be running the princess 1/2 now....looking forward to the 1 RunDisney medal we don't have.

Katherine

Just signed up! Excited for this race! Just finished the marathon and this will help me fight the post-marathon doldrums.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Registered.....that'll feed my hunger for another race. I was sitting on the couch last night, and I turned to my wife and said, "Ok. I'm ready. Let's do another one."

Dagger

I'm in and this will be my first Disney race. I'm a runner and a WDW nut and a Floridian so I really don't have a good excuse as to why this is my first. But I'm sooooo excited about it. :kiss:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm in and this will be my first Disney race. I'm a runner and a WDW nut and a Floridian so I really don't have a good excuse as to why this is my first. But I'm sooooo excited about it. :kiss:

This will be my first 1/2 marathon ever and what better place to do it then my home away from home! :D

Very very excited.

Good luck in your first races guys!! Let us know how you do

TakeMeThere81

Good Luck to all of the Princesses and Princes in the Princess Half Marathon today!! I hope you all do fantastic! I also hope someone writes a trip report!!

SulleyanBoo

Thanks! :D

Wow, what an experience. This was my first race of any kind running/walking. I anticipated it to be easier than it was but, thats what made it so rewarding in the end. It was very emotional. :eek: I cried as I crossed the finish because in true Disney style they really made you feel like a Princess! I finished in 3 hours 50 mins. I was proud of myself because after the 8th mile I fell 2 minutes behind pace! I finished 1 minute and 45 seconds ahead of pace. whew!

I am going back in November and doing the Wine and Dine 1/2 and my fiance will be hopefully running along side me.

This was one of the greatest experiences of my life:)

And, the MEDAL... it's so BEAUTIFUL!

SulleyanBoo

Wow, what an experience. This was my first race of any kind running/walking. I anticipated it to be easier than it was but, thats what made it so rewarding in the end. It was very emotional. :eek: I cried as I crossed the finish because in true Disney style they really made you feel like a Princess! I finished in 3 hours 50 mins. I was proud of myself because after the 8th mile I fell 2 minutes behind pace! I finished 1 minute and 45 seconds ahead of pace. whew!

I am going back in November and doing the Wine and Dine 1/2 and my fiance will be hopefully running along side me.

TakeMeThere81

I'll have a short trip report soon :)

Ooooooo. I will be watching for that! :animwink:

How absolutely wonderful!!! Your post was just the best! Congratulations!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom