Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter set for room refurbishments in early 2018

ThatMouse

It's affecting rates as they are sky high in Jan, on top of people avoiding Caribbean and Coronado. Another bad year for moderate resorts.

AshaNeOmah

I've got a three night stay mid-February after some Disney cruising. I wonder what the odds are I could get a refurb room by then?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It's affecting rates as they are sky high in Jan, on top of people avoiding Caribbean and Coronado. Another bad year for moderate resorts.
CSR is certainly cheap. The Chase discount off the rack rates has made it quite affordable indeed. Not sure why construction scares folks away unless they close several of the amenities, then I understand. The noise isn't really an issue.

JIMINYCR

We got the e-mailed notice that it was going on during our stay next May. Hoping they make quick progress and we can still get the room we prefer and building we requested.

Second Star to the Right

I'm considering booking a trip to POFQ in November 2018. Right now, the rates are cheaper than POR. Should I just go ahead and take the plunge and book to ensure I'm getting a lower rate before the potential price increase?

iluvMainStMagic

I found this info, hope it helps someone -

The planned dates for the upcoming Port Orleans French Quarter guest room soft-goods refurbishment project are as follows. Please remember that this schedule may be subject to minor changes:

• Building 2 — Jan 6 – Feb 9, 2018
  • Building 3 — Jan 23 – Feb 25, 2018
  • Building 1 — Feb 10 – Mar 13, 2018
  • Building 5 — Feb 26 – Mar 31, 2018
  • Building 4 — Mar 14 – Apr 16, 2018
  • Building 6 — Apr 1 – May 4, 2018
  • Building 7 — Apr 17 – May 20, 2018
In order to minimize disruption the work will be undertaken on a floor-by-floor basis for each building, starting on the third floor and working down to the ground floor. There should be very little impact to guests staying in the other buildings, and no one will be allocated to a room on a floor that is currently under construction. However it is possible that guests may be allocated to rooms on other floors in the same building, depending on occupancy requirements at the time.

JIMINYCR

The planned dates for the upcoming Port Orleans French Quarter guest room soft-goods refurbishment project are as follows. Please remember that this schedule may be subject to minor changes:

In order to minimize disruption the work will be undertaken on a floor-by-floor basis for each building, starting on the third floor and working down to the ground floor. There should be very little impact to guests staying in the other buildings, and no one will be allocated to a room on a floor that is currently under construction. However it is possible that guests may be allocated to rooms on other floors in the same building, depending on occupancy requirements at the time.

THANKYOU....I'm HAPPYYY This helps a lot. Now if they stay on schedule my requested room & building will be available for our stay.

wendyphant

That has made my day we go May 21st for 14 nights pool side room so we will get a refurbished room woo hoo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom