Disney's Policy On Public Singing - Forming A Flash Mob

cmwade77

Honestly, to the original poster, I would say just do it and have some fun, if Disney takes issue with it, the most they are going to do is ask you to stop, the problem will be if you persist in doing it after being asked to stop, otherwise, why not? Other groups of people sing as they go through the parks, what should it matter if it is 3 or 14?

But this is solely my opinion and if you find out there is something in the rules against it, don't do it obviously and I am basing it on the information in the first post, as I haven't had time to read everything.

wdwfan22

In reality it’s up to management working at the time whether or not anything would be done to you. Park rules state to show common courtesy to all Guests. Singing at the top of your lungs isn’t showing courtesy to others in my opinion. Also don’t be surprised if you are confronted by other guests to shut up. When the tour groups use to sing they would often be met with lots of hostility.

Snow Goof

Original Poster
Singing at the top of your lungs isn’t showing courtesy to others in my opinion.
I absolutely agree with this. There is a big difference between having a little fun, and creating noise pollution. Our aim is to not do the latter. I've told my family, and the many others now joining with us on Life Day (over 35 people planned as of this afternoon!!) to please keep the singing to whisper form.

Tanna Eros

So your small group of 14 in your first post has now risen to nearly 30 🤔
I can see security becoming involved.
Glad I'm not the only one that perceived the size, planning and detail put into this spontaneous attempted rendition of a song most can't even remember. The Wigs! They have wigs of that hairstyle! Not just one lone ratty wig- many wigs.
They are going to whisper a song, which to me, seems as if it then would come across as some sort of Gregorian chant run through a wringer. Wig wearing monks- now with a map of Bea Arthur heads showing the route.
I'm laughing.

Last edited:

cmwade77

Glad I'm not the only one that perceived the size, planning and detail put into this spontaneous attempted rendition of a song most can't even remember. The Wigs! They have wigs of that hairstyle! Not just one lone ratty wig- many wigs.
They are going to whisper a song, which to me, seems as if it then would come across as some sort of Gregorian chant run through a wringer. Wig wearing monks- now with a map of Bea Arthur heads showing the route.
I'm laughing.
Having read through more, that is a fair point, there is a big difference between a spontaneous sing along as originally posted and what it now appears the original poster intends. For what it now appears is being intended, you may need to contact Disney directly.

Tanna Eros

Having read through more, that is a fair point, there is a big difference between a spontaneous sing along as originally posted and what it now appears the original poster intends. For what it now appears is being intended, you may need to contact Disney directly.
Haha- I'm not contacting Disney, I couldn't even make it through that lousy song's posted video. I defer the honor to someone else.

Phil12

This idea is great and ranks right up there with bringing the Adventurers Club back! I'm sure the folks over in that thread would love to participate in "Life Day". In keeping with the theme it might be a good idea to outfit all members of your group with this accessory:
1573784916484.png

Last edited:

Snow Goof

Original Poster
The Wigs! They have wigs of that hairstyle! Not just one lone ratty wig- many wigs.
* Maybe * many wigs. As of 9:30 tonight, only one of the ordered Bea Arthur wigs has arrived at our offsite hotel that we're staying at in Kissimmee. The wig idea sorta came about at the last minute, so we weren't fully prepared for it, nor the amount of people wanting one.
11142019a.jpg

Snow Goof

Original Poster
Happy Life Day Eve to one and all!

Talked to a CM today, and it turns out, SW:GE has NO plans whatsoever to do any sort of events or celebrating to honor this cherished day from the Holiday Special. Nothing! 😮 Talk about a sacrilegious slap in the face to Star Wars fans everywhere. It looks like this year, it's falling on us. The march begins in approx. 24-hours.

Snow Goof

Original Poster
Hey Snow Goof, I'm just joking about shutting you down.

I've read some crazy, off the wall threads on here but this, THIS one has got to be my favorite.

Your dovotion to this 'cause' merits applause and what you plan to do will be harmless fun. I'm I hoping to see footage.
No worries, friend. All is forgiven on Life Day. :cool:
Though I did have this ready just in case.
11172019a.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It'd be better if you all carried small blue tooth speakers and streamed Star Wars music.

It'd be mechanically difficult, but surely, I wouldn't touch "Good Night But Not Good-bye" with Bea Arthur's tech.

Cmdr_Crimson

Meh..Guests at DL did an "unofficial" life day event according to Miceage's site on the recent update...
Just scroll to the bottom to see what they did...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom