Disney's Move: Uni planning major announcement Nov 1

mgf

Original Poster
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UniversalOrlandoResort/app_375047952573142

Someone also posted this on the Uni Forum, but I thought it was relevant to the WDW rumors swirling these days - including at least three current threads here. It appears Uni has decided to move first.

A few things come to mind:

What implications - if any - does this have for Disney's Dec 7 media event and timelines for rumored additions to the PFKaMGM? Is Disney ready for battle or will it drag its feet again as with WWoHP?

Will this speed the leadership transition at WDW? (I expect Uni's additions will further soften Disney's occupancy rates in the coming quarters.)

I also find it interesting that the announcement predates the election. It seems like it will get lost in the news cycle. I suppose that indicates this will be Transformers (widely expected) and not Potter. Potter would be a national news story.

Lee

Adventurer
It's pretty much gotta be Transformers. With the accelerated schedule they are on, no point in not getting it out there.

As for how it would effect Disney, I think it guarantees that they will pull out a big gun, likely in the form of some sort of Avatar art. I feel like they'll save Cars Land until D23.

GLaDOS

It's pretty much gotta be Transformers. With the accelerated schedule they are on, no point in not getting it out there.

I think it'll be Transformers, the expanded Simpsons experience, and possibly a Fear Factor replacement show.

Ignohippo

As for how it would effect Disney, I think it guarantees that they will pull out a big gun, likely in the form of some sort of Avatar art. I feel like they'll save Cars Land until D23.

Avatar!? I thought speculation was that it was dead?

bubbles1812

Avatar!? I thought speculation was that it was dead?

For all intensive purposes (at least for right now), I think it is dead... Nothing of Avatar is going to be built for years if at all. That's not to say there is absolutely no movement but it's certainly been delayed. But that doesn't mean Disney cant try to show they've "made some progress" on a project theyve sat on for more than a year. With anything regarding avatar, I think if Cameron isn't there to present with Disney, it's more just fluff and show by Disney. Not like they will publically admit the relationship between Disney and Cameron has soured and that they are refusing to fork up money...

Florida_is_hot

Last time Disney hyped a big announcement, the actual announcement was so trivial that nobody remembers it.
Maybe Universal will be more interesting ( but as the OP stated nothing to do with Disney )

PeoplemoverTTA

Who needs attractions when we have magical M&Gs and collectible mugs from BoG? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if WDW responds with more content-lacking blog and social media posts about these "magical" aspects of New Fantasyland

Who decided that it was going to be named that, btw? Every time there's a refurbishment, are we going to rename that attraction or land with "New" in front of it? "New Test Track?" "New Country Bear Jamboree".

DocMcHulk

It's pretty much gotta be Transformers.
hhmmm (via @EPCOTExplorer on twitter).....
23kds9k.png

the.dreamfinder

Not dead (yet)...just very...troubled.
Whether it ever gets built or not, art exists and would provide the desired PR effect within the fan community and the general public.
Lee, speaking of avatar, without giving anything away, what's your opinion on the concept art that you've seen for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom