News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

dreday3

Uber for 2 is a great thing. When it's 8, it becomes much more complicated (and costly). That's where DME was great for our party. Simple to plan and just roll with the start to the trip.

Ubers also don't fit a standard family of 4 with young kids and luggage/stroller. Even an Uber XL doesn't.

Yes, that's why my post emphasized that it works for us because there is just two of us and that I understand it wouldn't work for families, etc. as well as ME did.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes it is, unless Disney runs/prices their hotels differently from every other major hotel operator -- which I suppose is possible, but is also exceedingly unlikely.

The cost of amenities like Magical Express are part of the baseline calculation for resort rates. Of course nightly rates will fluctuate based on other factors, but it absolutely has an effect on pricing, if only a relatively small one.
Except the Disney philosophy is "Charge it -- they'll pay it. If they don't, then throw 'em a discount bone and make the money back with a sneaky upcharge."

DisneyDreamerxyz

the thing about Magical Express is that Disney never operated it, it was operated by Mears but marketed as “Disney@ and Disney castmembers had to take the blame for any and everything that wrong. We spent so much time at the front desk scheduling and rescheduling their buses which a lot of guests were rude about and felt untitled to even though it was a free service! castmembers used to print and hand deliver thousands of DME notices to guest rooms everyday and all that time and energy and resources are being used now in better ways.

Now front desk cast members are in no way responsible if someone oversleeps and misses their bus or is running late for their flight. Everyone is responsible for their own arrangements and we make it clear Mears Connect is a third party service.

stuart

Having my usual post-holiday tidy, and came across this. Interestingly enough from 2004, the summer before DME was brought in.

20230720_200910.jpg

bcoachable

the thing about Magical Express is that Disney never operated it, it was operated by Mears but marketed as “Disney@ and Disney castmembers had to take the blame for any and everything that wrong. We spent so much time at the front desk scheduling and rescheduling their buses which a lot of guests were rude about and felt untitled to even though it was a free service! castmembers used to print and hand deliver thousands of DME notices to guest rooms everyday and all that time and energy and resources are being used now in better ways.

Now front desk cast members are in no way responsible if someone oversleeps and misses their bus or is running late for their flight. Everyone is responsible for their own arrangements and we make it clear Mears Connect is a third party service.
Frankly- that type of service that was a “pain” for the CM’s? It was the “Disney Difference” that hooked me in the first place….
(Sorry about rude guests BTw)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom