Disney's Magical Express Mid-Covid

TeriofTerror

Original Poster
Has anyone used MDE since the resorts reopened? Due to the limited capacity on the buses, I'm concerned the wait could be longer. I'm trying to decide if it's worth schlepping my luggage from Baggage Claim A over to MDE, or if I should just call a Lyft/Uber.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I have not been since they reopened but prior to all this on the way from the airport to the resort buses were usually not full.
With how limited the capacity is right now I'm sure they are social distancing on the buses and not putting too many people on them.
I personally would not be concerned.
If you rather take a lyft/uber then go for it.
My plan if they are not picking up luggage still is to just do carry on only so I don't have to get my luggage.

TeriofTerror

Original Poster
I have not been since they reopened but prior to all this on the way from the airport to the resort buses were usually not full.
With how limited the capacity is right now I'm sure they are social distancing on the buses and not putting too many people on them.
My plan if they are not picking up luggage still is to just do carry on only so I don't have to get my luggage.
I always do carry-on only when traveling for work, but for WDW, I fly Southwest and check a bag of water and liquor to save a little money. 😉

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I always do carry-on only when traveling for work, but for WDW, I fly Southwest and check a bag of water and liquor to save a little money. 😉

Haha yeah I fly SWA as well and usually do check a bag specifically due to the liquid rules.
I usually bring a few bottles of water, juice, etc so I can save a few bucks while I'm there.
But if its between being able to bring a few drinks or being able to walk directly to DME I'll stick to carry on and buy water and juice at Disney.
That's how much I dislike having to deal with the airport.

ninjaprincesst

How do you do carry on for a Disne trip. I barely have enough room in the 2 suitcases Southwest allows and I use the largest suitcase from two different luggage sets.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
How do you do carry on for a Disne trip. I barely have enough room in the 2 suitcases Southwest allows and I use the largest suitcase from two different luggage sets.

I pack what I will need and not a bunch of extras.
For example I don't pack 3 outfits per day and 25 Minnie ears lol.
I pack 1 outfit per day and then add 1 extra outfit in case. I also pack a few extra pairs of Undies.
I wear one pair of shoes, pack one more, and a pair of sandals.
I also go on shorter trips.
The only thing that I enjoy doing checked luggage for is its a bit difficult to manage the 311 rule but I can if need be. I also like to pack bottles of water/juice and some snacks for the room to save a few bucks but if its between picking up my own luggage or walking directly to DME I'll do carry on.

ninjaprincesst

I pack what I will need and not a bunch of extras.
For example I don't pack 3 outfits per day and 25 Minnie ears lol.
I pack 1 outfit per day and then add 1 extra outfit in case. I also pack a few extra pairs of Undies.
I wear one pair of shoes, pack one more, and a pair of sandals.
I also go on shorter trips.
The only thing that I enjoy doing checked luggage for is its a bit difficult to manage the 311 rule but I can if need be. I also like to pack bottles of water/juice and some snacks for the room to save a few bucks but if its between picking up my own luggage or walking directly to DME I'll do carry on.

ninjaprincesst

It's stupid. Csn not even fit everything in tri suitcases but I am a person who will NOT wear wet or stained clothes. I like my outfits to coordinate, I like ears, I but y things and I like being prepared, not paying Disney$ 10 for a and aid or such and now there is more to pack, hand sanitizer, masks etc. And we stat y 10 days.

PolynesianPrincess

I will be arriving in Orlando and using the Magical Express service this coming Monday.

When I have a moment to do so upon arrival, I will gladly report back for those curious about what it's like currently.

-

We're landing Friday so I certainly am intrigued as to how the process will be and how crowded the buses are. Also getting my own luggage is going to be a bit different 😂 I usually pack one large suitcase and one medium suitcase to check and then I bring a large tote bag as my carryon.. it's going to be interesting to see how well I maneuver all that!

Figments Friend

We're landing Friday so I certainly am intrigued as to how the process will be and how crowded the buses are. Also getting my own luggage is going to be a bit different 😂 I usually pack one large suitcase and one medium suitcase to check and then I bring a large tote bag as my carryon.. it's going to be interesting to see how well I maneuver all that!

I'll report back tomorrow at some point once I arrive at my Resort for the curious.

I'm not expecting it to be busy, as I am arriving around 8pm in Orlando.
Similar to other visits, I like to breeze into town in the evenings to avoid the crowds and chaos at the airport.
Typically I have a 'Magical Express' bus pretty much to myself.
Last year there were less then a dozen people on board...and that was it.

I don't have to concern myself with the luggage changes as I always travel carry on only.
I bring one 'wheelie bag' carry on suitcase and one small tote or a small messenger bag.
That's it and I'm good for a week.
Been doing this for years, even before the airlines started charging for checked bags.
Just works for me.
:)

-

PolynesianPrincess

I'll report back tomorrow at some point once I arrive at my Resort for the curious.

I'm not expecting it to be busy, as I am arriving around 8pm in Orlando.
Similar to other visits, I like to breeze into town in the evenings to avoid the crowds and chaos at the airport.
Typically I have a 'Magical Express' bus pretty much to myself.
Last year there were less then a dozen people on board...and that was it.

I don't have to concern myself with the luggage changes as I always travel carry on only.
I bring one 'wheelie bag' carry on suitcase and one small tote or a small messenger bag.
That's it and I'm good for a week.
Been doing this for years, even before the airlines started charging for checked bags.
Just works for me.

-

My fight lands at 7pm Friday so I'm hoping it'll be less crowded since it's later in the day. We like coming in either super early or later around 7pm or after. Less people to deal with!

Figments Friend

My fight lands at 7pm Friday so I'm hoping it'll be less crowded since it's later in the day. We like coming in either super early or later around 7pm or after. Less people to deal with!

So you can relate to what I was saying earlier.

'Magical Express' check in is pretty quick and easy once you arrive at MCO / Orlando International Airport.
I recall last year one didn't even need to check in at the desk like beforehand.
The CMs just scan the barcode on your ME paperwork that was mailed to you at the entrance point to where you wait for your motorcoach.
They will tell you which number line to wait in.
I assume it's the same now since it was contactless.

Figured I'd mention it as I wasn't sure when your last visit to WDW was.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom