Disney's Lost Worlds: Arabian City - 1902 Carthay Circle

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
DISNEY'S LOST WORLDS
Theme Park Premise

"Guests are explorers departing on research expeditions to discover mythic lost civilizations throughout the world, with each "Lost World" being a place where myths live in harmony with nature."

Think this approach could preserve a lot of the nature, myth and culture we've been discussing, but in a more directed and exciting way. Like Disney's Animal Kingdom, animal exhibits line the ruins and make the settings feel lived-in. Lots of worldwide settings are still represented, but in a less "edutaining" way.
The entry land could be a base camp in a remote village where we leave on our adventure. Makes guests the center of the story. Full of artifacts already recovered.

Arabian City Concept
An Arabian lost city (need to research names better - this name turns out is a real city in Oman). An option for representing a different culture in a unique desert setting, with inspirations maybe from Petra, Babylon, Egypt, and the Wadi Rum desert. No additional ideas for this one yet. Disney's Aladdin elements?

Here is the Arabian Lost City specific brainstorming/discussion thread for the 1902 Carthay Circle Project - Hong Kong Disneyland's 2nd Gate - Enjoy!​

D Hulk

I feel like this area screams for an amazing attraction simulating the sense of flying on top of a magic carpet, either with or without links to aladdin.
Seconded.

Since HKDL has no Peter Pan’s Flight, I propose we use an Aladdin dark ride to fill that role. Think that’d be more appropriate for this land than a carpet spinner (esp. as we’ve discussed alternates like a Pegasus spinner in Greece).

D Hulk

Additionally, while Indiana Jones fits any land well, I think he’d fit here the best. I’m imagining an Indiana Jones Adventure EMV clone set in an Egyptian temple, with elements of Petra and Babylon folded in.

This sets it apart from Disneyland’s (Cambodian) and DisneySea’s (Mesoamerican), with another iconic ancient ruin setting.

This choice would set the land in the 1930s, likely, dictating the overall tone. A smaller (B-ticket) attraction to accompany it could be an archeological-themed playground akin to DAK’s Boneyard, shaded and chilled.

PerGron

Additionally, while Indiana Jones fits any land well, I think he’d fit here the best. I’m imagining an Indiana Jones Adventure EMV clone set in an Egyptian temple, with elements of Petra and Babylon folded in.

This sets it apart from Disneyland’s (Cambodian) and DisneySea’s (Mesoamerican), with another iconic ancient ruin setting.

This choice would set the land in the 1930s, likely, dictating the overall tone. A smaller (B-ticket) attraction to accompany it could be an archeological-themed playground akin to DAK’s Boneyard, shaded and chilled.

Maybe throw in the excavator coaster with an archaeology theme as opposed to paleontology

D Hulk

Maybe throw in the excavator coaster with an archaeology theme as opposed to paleontology
That's certainly a better option than that Raging Spirits coaster at TDS and Paris.

We're possibly getting pretty filled up with coasters, between this and an Expedition Everest variant in Shangri-La, and perhaps a dragon coaster in the UK area. But it's still something to consider.

PerGron

That's certainly a better option than that Raging Spirits coaster at TDS and Paris.

We're possibly getting pretty filled up with coasters, between this and an Expedition Everest variant in Shangri-La, and perhaps a dragon coaster in the UK area. But it's still something to consider.

I think if we use those 3 we’d be good on coasters. The Chinese markets do like their coasters enough to warrant 3. Maybe do the dragon one Suspended to switch it up a little bit so it’s not so redundant.

D Hulk

I think if we use those 3 we’d be good on coasters. The Chinese markets do like their coasters enough to warrant 3. Maybe do the dragon one Suspended to switch it up a little bit so it’s not so redundant.
Or for the dragon attraction, instead of a coaster we could use the Flight of Passage ride system.

(The park should only have either a FOP simulator or a Soarin', not both.)

Voxel

President of Progress City
Or for the dragon attraction, instead of a coaster we could use the Flight of Passage ride system.

(The park should only have either a FOP simulator or a Soarin', not both.)
BOTH!!!! ON THE SAME RIDE!!!.. You board your bike and the system takes you into the air! lol. JK I think FOP has better view angles.. The images in Soarin warp badly from weird angles.

orlando678-

If we are actually going with the Arabian lost city of Ubar, also known as the Atlantis of the Sands, it would be interesting to actually go for a more Persian theme, as that is what its realistically more related to than to its arabian background. If so, we could possibly use the legends of the manticore, Rostam (the most popular figure in Persian mythology) and the yazats(lesser Gods).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom