Disney's Lonestar Resort

oogie boogie man

Did somebody say Ice Cream and Candy??? I’m definitely in.

I’d love to see what this type of section would look like. I guess it would be similar to an even earlier version of Universal Studios, over in Hollywood. They really showcase the stars at the Universal Studios parks. This could be what it would be like in a Disney version of it.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
gangster alley 1 collage main.jpg

angel-arms.png

The Baddies of this section would include a wide array of shady and colorful characters. All of them would be in their particular attractions, while some would even be a part of the cast of roaming characters. Throughout the day they will pull out their tommy guns and will shoot at the Good guys, like Dick Tracy or The Rocketeer.

gangster alley 10 gangster.png

Roger-Rabbit-Doom_248ed78b6649d6cda0fcadc1ac9bc23e.jpg

gangster alley 12 gangster.jpg

gangster alley 13 gangster.jpg

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 713180

angel-arms.png

The Baddies of this section would include a wide array of shady and colorful characters. All of them would be in their particular attractions, while some would even be a part of the cast of roaming characters. Throughout the day they will pull out their tommy guns and will shoot at the Good guys, like Dick Tracy or The Rocketeer.

View attachment 713181

Roger-Rabbit-Doom_248ed78b6649d6cda0fcadc1ac9bc23e.jpg

View attachment 713182

View attachment 713183
Ooohh, a Judge Doom trackless dark ride will be scarier than Alien Encounter. I want to see the ride through of Judge Doom attraction. @MickeyMouse10

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
gangster setting 1.png

gangster setting 2.png

gangster setting 3.png

angel-arms.png

Setting: 1930’s/40’s Los Angeles and Chicago back when they dressed fancy and rode on cable cars. This would transition from Silent Street the best because of the city landscape of the area. Roaming characters would be throughout the section, similar to what they’ve done in Hollywood Studios.

gangster alley 1.jpg

Dick Tracy: Crime Stopper
----- (emv dark ride, similar to indiana jones adventure)
----- (An enhanced motion vehicle ride based on the 1990 film Dick Tracy. You board the famous detectives yellow automobile. And zoom around the streets of Chicago as Big Boy and his thugs shoot at you.)

gangster alley 2.jpg

Roger Rabbit in “Toontown Calamity”
----- (dark ride, similar to runaway railway)
----- (Roger is chasing after the Weasels who have taken poor Jessica. A madcap adventure enthuses that will leave you surrounded by so many characters. You’ll have to reride it to see them all. Ride through the zany cartoon world with Roger Rabbit at the helm.)

gangster alley 3.jpg

Ink and Paint Club
---- (stageshow, similar to country bear jamboree)
---- (The Ink and Paint Club is a nightclub in the movie “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”. This is where Jessica Rabbit performed the famous song, "Why Don't You Do Right?". The Stageshow will have random segments of different toons singing and performing. Much like the stageshow Country Bears does at the Magic Kingdom.)

gangster alley 4.jpg

The Rocketeer: Jet Pack Coaster
----- (indoor flying coaster, similar to manta)
----- (For the queue you go through Cliff’s shop where he keeps all of his parts and experiments. The attraction itself is more like Manta at Seaworld Orlando than anything at Disney’s parks. You feel like you’re testing out the rocket pack from the film. The mob tries to shoot you down, but you are much too fast for them.)

Streetmosphere

Dick Tracy, Big Boy, Flattop, The Blank, The Rocketeer, and Roger Rabbit

Restaurants

Mike’s Diner, The Club Ritz, Bulldog Cafe, Ink and Paint Club, Toontown Trolley and The Terminal Bar

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 713594

Roger Rabbit in “Toontown Calamity”
----- (dark ride, similar to runaway railway)
----- (Roger is chasing after the Weasels who have taken poor Jessica. A madcap adventure enthuses that will leave you surrounded by so many characters. You’ll have to reride it to see them all. Ride through the zany cartoon world with Roger Rabbit at the helm.)

View attachment 713595

Ink and Paint Club
---- (stageshow, similar to country bear jamboree)
---- (The Ink and Paint Club is a nightclub in the movie “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”. This is where Jessica Rabbit performed the famous song, "Why Don't You Do Right?". The Stageshow will have random segments of different toons singing and performing. Much like the stageshow Country Bears does at the Magic Kingdom.)
I wanna see looks like the ride through and restaurant looks like now.

The Lochness Monsta

Looks good, I love the idea for the land and I could see it being possible since the park opened in the mid 90’s. Since Disney was trying to be different during that time period, especially at MGM Studios. They weren't toeing the line like they are doing today.

The only thing... I'm not so sure of is if Dick Tracy and Rocketeer would be used in a park, because of their box office performances.

Last edited:

Snow Queen 83

It would definitely be a unique idea, but I think it would be silly to invest in failed IP’s like Dick Tracy.

I think this is a perfect list of movies, which are perfect for this park's overall theming. It would be a shame to not use these 3 movies for this particular section. ... And though they weren't blockbusters, I think both Dick Tracy and The Rocketeer are actually very beautiful movies. That really capture the look of the time period.

They use the Gangster theming effectively and have very memorable characters, especially Dick Tracy. They definitely are the best Gangster Family movies I can think of. Though there doesn't seem to be many of them lol.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
4krogerrabbit-animationscreencaps.com-1391.jpg

4krogerrabbit-animationscreencaps.com-822.jpg

4krogerrabbit-animationscreencaps.com-864.jpg

gangster alley restaurant 1.jpg

gangster alley restaurant 2.jpg

Restaurants

Ink and Paint Club (Bar)

Toon friendly bar, close to the attraction of the same name. Serves all kinds of alcoholic beverages with funny names. All done by the world’s best octopus bartender.

Just make sure not to ask for your drink “On the rocks”.

Terminal Bar (Bar)

Human friendly bar, this where the infamous Judge Doom shook down some customers. It is run by Eddie’s girlfriend, Dolores. And it serves very known drinks from the era.

Bulldog Café (Walkup)

The iconic dog shaped restaurant from The Rocketeer. Serves some tasty homemade meals and sides. Like Braised Veal Chops, Beef Stew, Ham Hocks, Roast Leg of Lamb and Turkey Legs.

Mike’s Diner (Table Service)

This establishment looks like an old trolley car diner from the 1930’s. This is where the Kid eats like a pig in the movie Dick Tracy. It serves americana favorites like burgers and fries, meatloaf and mash and some of the best pies in Gangster Alley.

The Club Ritz (Signature)

Run by Big Boy Caprice, this is a much more upscale restaurant than the nearby Mike’s Diner. The mob often makes there way through the building taking in the sights of the stage performers. Serving entrees from the special dining event that took place in The Great Movie Ride like…

• Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Stuffed Foccacia Cement Shoes
  • Gangster Charred Beef with Smokey Apple Pear Glaze
  • Peppered Shotgun Stool Pigeon with Lavender Aioli
  • “Gambino” Balsamic Beef with Palermo Roasted Tomato
  • Terranova” Blistered Artichoke Cheese Quenelle
  • and “Squid and Beans” Salad

Toontown Trolley (Coffee Shop)

Serves Coffee, breakfast items and baked goods. Much like The Trolley Car Café in Hollywood Studios does.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom