Disney's Lonestar Resort

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Yeah, I figured it would be a pretty cool quick service.

The exterior would look like a cave made of stone. While the interior would be reminiscent of Maleficents’ cave in Paris and Vulcania in Tokyo. With pools of bubbling green water and stalactites and stalagmites galore.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
12a6d02ecc384ee2e7931dc0560a060b.jpg

carnivalee-freakshow.png

The next land will focus on our favorite big eared baby elephant. And will be the first land dedicated to just Dumbo and his Circus friends. There will be no other characters represented in this, but them. The attractions are themed not only to the movie, but also his television show. The land would look like a 1940’s circus and carnival has come to town and setup tents and walkup booths everywhere.

dumbo.jpg

Dumbo: Big Top Flight
----- (rail-suspended dark ride, similar to peter pan)
----- (Soar over spectators and the country side with Dumbo, the Flying Elephant. Seeing many of the characters from the film like Casey Jr., the Black Crows and Timothy Q. Mouse. There’s no way of knowing where Dumbo will go next.)

dumbo clown 2.png

Dumbo Splashdown
----- (log flume, similar to splash mountain)

----- (This ride would focus on life behind the scenes at the circus. Where the training happens for the show. Clowns and sideshow actors abound throughout the attraction. Sometimes just in their leisure time, reading a newspaper or sleeping. You really get a glimpse into how much Clown Dumbo trains for his debut performance.)

----- (The Circus crew is a little tough on the poor elephant. Even the other Elephants seem to be mean to him. So he goes to his mother who consoles him with a rendition of “Baby Mine.” To prove himself to the clowns and everyone else Dumbo scales a building that’s on fire (just like in the movie). You even smell the firewood as you proceed closer to the very top. Then the attraction culminates with a deep dive into a pool of water.)

latest

Casey Junior’s Circus Train
----- (rollercoaster, similar to big thunder railroad)
----- (Casey Junior the steam engine is one of the pivotal characters from the film. Because there would be no circus without him. He’s the one who gets the circus to different parts of the country for happy spectators. For the scenes in this attraction he goes through the mountains and along high bridges. Like any other anthropomorphic train though he eventually gets tired. So he slows and speeds up at different times throughout. When he chants “I think I can” he reaches his fastest speeds. Along the journey you see townsfolk and children playing. They wave in your direction happy to see you’ve come to their town.)

e2611e4f1e8930ed1a457a7145396340.jpg

Timothy’s Fun Wheel
----- (ferris wheel, similar to regular versions)
----- (Young Dumbo’s friend and trainer gets his own attraction. In this carnival style “off the shelf” ride which helps you soar like Dumbo himself.)

508c2ca75ae2b06d463f2c4a8cf0fcfa.jpg

d 8.png

d 9.png

d 10.png

Circus Friends Carousel
----- (carousel, similar to prince charming’s)
----- (Instead of the usual version that is at many of the other castle parks throughout the world. This version would showcase the different circus animals not named Dumbo. It fits the theming more than the typical Dumbo aerial carousel. Because the land is meant to look like an actual circus and not just a theme park land with attractions thrown together. It would have more of an emphasis on the big top and circus music than say Prince Charming’s version.)

Circus Games
----- (similar to dinoland u.s.a.)
----- (A chances section themed after the Dumbo characters from the movie. Like the familiar clown balloon and race track games. The latter would be flying dumbos rather than the usual horses though.)

dumbo's circus.png

Dumbo’s Circus
----- (theatre in the round, similar to tiki room)
----- (Just like in the new 1985 television series, which airs on the Disney Channel. Dumbo has grown up and is finally able to speak. He has struck out on his own to begin his own circus with a new set of friends. He and a cast of characters fly from town to town, in a wagon pulled through the air by Dumbo, performing their "Greatest little show on earth". You’re in luck though because they’ve decided to stay in town for many more performances.)

and last, but not least

a Meet and Greet
--- (with Dumbo, Lionel, Fair Dinkum, Barnaby, Lilli and Q.T.)

Restaurants

Carnival Cravings, Mr. Cottentop (clown), Big Top Treats, The Ringmaster (popcorn), W.D.P. Circus (QS) and Casey Jr’s Train Depot (TS)

Last edited:

oogie boogie man

That’s true, I don’t get how it can be a Dumbo section and have Mickey and the Gang as well. I love Mickey, but it doesn't feel right to me, having him there. I always thought it’s going too much away from the theming. Perhaps they did it just so they can make crappy Barnstormer fit.

What makes it even weirder, for me at least. Is Dumbo has a mouse in his movie, that it is actually mouse sized. So what’s Mickey then… a Giant Mouse???

Goofy Ninja

That’s true, I don’t get how it can be a Dumbo section and have Mickey and the Gang as well. I love Mickey, but it doesn't feel right to me, having him there. I always thought it’s going too much away from the theming. Perhaps they did it just so they can make crappy Barnstormer fit.

What makes it even weirder, for me at least. Is Dumbo has a mouse in his movie, that it is actually mouse sized. So what’s Mickey then… a Giant Mouse???

Disney did plan to do a Mickey Circus attraction in the past called “Mickey's Madhouse”. It was going to be put in a Circus section at Disneyland. But they put that idea in the bin when they went with Toontown instead.

I do agree though, it doesn’t seem to actually fit. When I think of Mickey I don’t think of the Circus.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Yeah, I figured it would be cool to have a whole land based on the circus during the 1940’s. If done right it could look really unique and be an even more beautiful version of the real thing.

I used to love the television show Carnivale back when I was younger. That’s when my fascination for the circus and this time period started.

Last edited:

PrinceCharming617

5f53c49a2cf8dd0f884905c091452eb0--mornings--s.jpg

It would be great to meet the Dumbo Circus gang. I used to watch their show back when I was younger.

It was much less creepier than the Banana Split gang. There’s a reason they turned them into a horror movie. But neither holds a candle to H.R. Pufnstuf. The sensitive kids of today would have a nightmare after seeing whatever these creatures were.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Oh yeah, there will be all sorts of treats you’d come to expect from carnivals and circuses.

For instance “The Ringmaster”, will specialize in just different popcorn treats. Involving an assortment of different popcorn concoctions with chocolate, caramel, m&m’s and more. Like what you would expect from a Rice Krispie Treat, but made with popcorn instead.

Goofy Ninja

I like the homage to Walt Disney in the title.

It could be similar to what they did aesthetically at Island of Adventure with Circus Mcgirkus. That places is really cool looking inside. It’s too bad the food doesn’t matchup though. I got the weirdest narrow, but high chicken sandwich there.

Yeah that is the actual name in the movie. You can see it in one of the Casey Junior scenes when he’s pulling away.

itsy bitsy spider

Casey Jr’s Train Depot (TS)

I’m interested to hear about the Casey Junior restaurant. It could work perfectly within the confines of the land because many circus were built near the train station back in the old days.

Double bonus is there really hasn’t been any Disney themed restaurants so it would be interesting to see what they can do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom