Disney's Hollywood Studios to possibly get a major revamp

SpectreJordan

I'd love to see Marvel be put in Hollywood Studios. But I just don't think it's possible, because they can't use most of the top tier Marvel characters. Guardians of the Galaxy seems to be the only NonAvengers that have really been hits and they're putting their attraction at Epcot.

Most of the Fox IP's are promising though and I think would actually fit in nicely. Like you said, a major plus would be that it would make Hollywood feel much different than the other parks. Similar to the way it used to when it originally opened and was a working studio.
It definitely sucks that they can’t use so many characters. But Marvel’s been introducing a new generation of heroes.

Dr Strange’s sequel looks like it’s going to make some big money. Shang-Chi & Moon Knight seem pretty popular so far too even though they’re still new to the MCU.

I think there’s enough potential in the heroes Disney can use.

MickeyMouse10

It would actually be pretty cool if Disney World made Hollywood the only place to find Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox. All you'd have to do after that is sprinkle in more Pixar too, and you have a complete full day park.

Rambozo

It would be pretty cool if they made it look like different studios occupied the park.

The whole front section could be made up of different ones. This way it has the studio feel that it originally had when it first opened. You could go left and have the Lucasfilm backlot and right and find the Pixar and 20th Century Fox lots.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

It would be pretty cool if they made it look like different studios occupied the park.

The whole front section could be made up of different ones. This way it has the studio feel that it originally had when it first opened. You could go left and have the Lucasfilm backlot and right and find the Pixar and 20th Century Fox lots.

Interesting idea, maybe they could bring back the Earful Tower in someway as well. Because the water tower is synonymous with California movie studios. Perhaps as an attraction or a restaurant.

Snow Queen 83

Star Wars Battle Station
----- (omnimover, similar to Spaceship Earth)
----- (Formerly echo lake, frozen and vacation fun. You escape the Deathstar in this exciting adventure which showcases scenes from the 3rd and final film of the classic trilogy. See Darth Vader along the way, who will try to recruit you to the dark side. “If you only knew the power of the dark side”.)

It would be replacing things I don't care about. So I'm all for it. Plus I love Omnimovers, also it is a more efficient form of attraction, that doesn't seem to breakdown as much as trackless rides.

The Lochness Monsta

Yessss, finally! Give me a Darth Vader animatronic for God's sake. I can't believe they've never made one. We somehow got a Kylo Ren and Finn one before a fricking Darth Vader one.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I think I read pre-pandemic that a Pixar area was going to replace much if not all of animation courtyard. Any Idea or intel if that could happen or will it never see the light of day? But anyways here are my armchair imagineered ideas for the future of Hollywood Studios

1. If this Pixar land is still happening, make sure one the E-tickets be an Incredibles flight simulator that will pull from the same ride system as the rumored Avengers E ticket from DCA (if it is still happening) where you team up with the supers from the Incredibles 2 and fight off a villain in the city.
2. Another option although very unlikely would be to use Animation Courtyard for an east coast version of Avengers Campus if Universal decides to give Disney back the Marvel rights. However, instead of porting over Web Slingers from DCA and WDSP, create a Captain American C ticket ride where you stand a a moving walkway on a Stark Expo convention and you have Cap's shield (this is based off a patent filed back in 2017) and would get to pratice firing it off at demos at the expo. This attraction would be used to "train" new recruits for AC. The E ticket could be the same Quinjet if it is still happening at DCA.
3. A land that could replace grand avenue ( I say GA as Pixar would have replaced animation courtyard in this timeline) should be a Goosebumps land and let me explain. Disney+ is doing a Goosebumps series. And Disney had said to expect more Disney+ integration in the parks going Forward. A Goosebumps land would have a lot of potential for the theme parks. If you demo MuppetVision, you could put some sort of interactive C ticket attraction maybe on the scale of Web slingers. And the E ticket could be a Trackless ride that is a massive escape room. Disney recently filed a patent for an interactive trackless ride system where riders have to work together. They could use this for a ride where Slappy traps you in a haunted house and you the guests work together to escape.

SpectreJordan

21620A92-4089-4556-B6E8-0706DB7E3BCA.jpeg

I saw this at Hollywood Studios today. It looks like Ms Marvel & Shang-Chi are good to go within Disney World.

There’s definitely a lineup of relevant heroes who can support a Marvel land.

J4546

Id be down with a modified Pixar pier in DHS, Bring in the Early 20th century midway vibe, give it an incredicoaster with dif theming, a massive ferris wheel, and a darkride where TSMM would be (monsters Inc Maybe...) along with some food, a carousel and small rides. And of course the night time show as well. Then to top it off give it an excusive water based ride in my expansion area, something like Pirates mixed with SPlash mountain in terms of scale, but with a dif theme of course. The animation building and RnRC would have to go, but if you didnt do the one off water ride, you could keep RnRC and retheme to cars or something, but Id prefer a new water based ride

The way you could align the ferris wheel to be "facing" the pathway entering PP would be pretty cool looking imo and TOT would have a cool spot to look out over esp at night. Also in my drawing I made the restauraunt act as the que area for the water based ride with load and unload area marked by orange circles

Attachments

• DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 55

Goofy Ninja

View attachment 644421

I saw this at Hollywood Studios today. It looks like Ms Marvel & Shang-Chi are good to go within Disney World.

There’s definitely a lineup of relevant heroes who can support a Marvel land.

I think they can use anyone that is not an Avenger. I'd personally rather see characters like Daredevil and Ghost Rider instead. Ms. Marvel and Shang Chi don't tickle my fancy at all.

MickeyMouse10

wir 2.jpg

wir 4.jpeg

pacfont-good.png

The new land will take the place of the Mickey Avenue area. Which includes One Man's Dream, The Little Mermaid, Launch Bay and Disney Junior. The aesthetics of the area look like it’s been taken straight from the movie. It looks just like The Game Central Station area from the first film. With pathways and tunnels leading to different games, restaurants and meet and greets.

wir 5.jpg

wir.png

Wreck it Ralph
----- (omnimover, similar to spaceship earth)
----- (Formerly Star Wars Launch Bay. Just like in the movie Ralph feels unappreciated in his own game. So he ventures through different games to try and become a hero. Eventually finding out he didn’t need one, he was a hero all along to people like Vanellope.)

wir 6.jpg
wir 7.jpg

Sugar Rush
----- (rollercoaster, similar to seven dwarves mine train)
----- (Formerly Voyage of the Little Mermaid and One Man’s Dream. The story of this ride is that you are in Vanellopes little shoes and you have to win the race. Along the side you see other participants who crashed. Thankfully that won't happen to us because Vanellopes the best racer in the arcade.)

wir 8.png

Meet and Greet
----- (M&G where you can take pics w/ Ralph, Vanellope, Felix and many other random Arcade characters)

Arcade Cafe
----- (quick service, which looks like an old arcade)
----- (Formerly Disney Junior. This food service is themed to many of the classic games from the 1980's like Pac Man, Qbert, etc. Each table and booth looks like an arcade machine too. And the walkup counters where you pick up your meals look like an old prize counter.)

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 645183
View attachment 645186

pacfont-good.png

The new land will take the place of the Mickey Avenue area. Which includes One Man's Dream, The Little Mermaid, Launch Bay and Disney Junior. The aesthetics of the area look like it’s been taken straight from the movie. It looks just like The Game Central Station area from the first film. With pathways and tunnels leading to different games, restaurants and meet and greets.

View attachment 645180
View attachment 645181

Wreck it Ralph
----- (omnimover, similar to spaceship earth)
----- (Formerly Star Wars Launch Bay. Just like in the movie Ralph feels unappreciated in his own game. So he ventures through different games to try and become a hero. Eventually finding out he didn’t need one, he was a hero all along to people like Vanellope.)

View attachment 645178View attachment 645179

Sugar Rush
----- (rollercoaster, similar to seven dwarves mine train)
----- (Formerly Voyage of the Little Mermaid and One Man’s Dream. The story of this ride is that you are in Vanellopes little shoes and you have to win the race. Along the side you see other participants who crashed. Thankfully that won't happen to us because Vanellopes the best racer in the arcade.)

View attachment 645177

Meet and Greet
----- (M&G where you can take pics w/ Ralph, Vanellope, Felix and many other random Arcade characters)

Arcade Cafe
----- (quick service, which looks like an old arcade)
----- (Formerly Disney Junior. This food service is themed to many of the classic games from the 1980's like Pac Man, Qbert, etc. Each table and booth looks like an arcade machine too. And the walkup counters where you pick up your meals look like an old prize counter.)
I can see Roger Rabbit's Hollywood could fit into Sunset Blvd's expansion to replace Rock N' Roller Coaster with Aerosmith.

SpectreJordan

I think they can use anyone that is not an Avenger. I'd personally rather see characters like Daredevil and Ghost Rider instead. Ms. Marvel and Shang Chi don't tickle my fancy at all.
Daredevil & Ghost Rider are rumored to be relevant in the MCU’s future, so I think they’d be likely to appear too.

Retheme RNRC to Ghost Rider.

itsy bitsy spider

Star Wars Battle Station
----- (omnimover, similar to Spaceship Earth)
----- (Formerly echo lake, frozen and vacation fun. You escape the Deathstar in this exciting adventure which showcases scenes from the 3rd and final film of the classic trilogy. See Darth Vader along the way, who will try to recruit you to the dark side. “If you only knew the power of the dark side”.)

I would love to see it, it's actually something Star Wars that people enjoy. Thankfully they can now get the voice right again for Darth Vader. As seen in the new Obi Wan series, so it can be done effectively. They just have to get James Earl Jones before he kicks the bucket.

MickeyMouse10

muppets 1.png

zoboo-type-regular.png

I’d like to bring back more of a New York feel to this section, with taxi and such. Also Grand Avenue, the area right next to it feels like it is disconnected from the Muppet area. It would be much better if it was all together in one cohesive section. Instead of a one sided Mini Main Street where you can't even go in the stores. Daily performances will happen in the windows of the buildings like this used in the Liberty Square show.

muppets 6.png

The Great Muppet Movie Ride
----- (omnimover, similar to the great movie ride
----- (The Muppets show you how some of the best movies are made. But like Jim Henson said they get it all wrong. The movies are vastly different too, from Kiddies Movies to Classic Horror.)

muppets 7.png

The Muppets take Manhattan
----- (dark ride, similar to it’s a small world)
----- (The Muppets sing their famous theme song as you see them in various locations. All in a New York setting doing New York things. Like eating a hot dog or working construction.)

muppets 2.png

Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem: World Tour*
----- (indoor rollercoaster, similar to slinky dog dash)
----- (The best Muppet Band ever plays some of their greatest hits. As you pass by each of the bandmates they play their own instrument. Ending of course with Animal ... who tends to get carried away.)

Restaurants

muppets 5.png

Miss Piggy's Ristorante Italiano
----- (TS, with drawings of famous Muppets. Similar to Hollywood Brown Derby, but New York and Muppets themed.)

muppets 3.png
muppets 4.png

Rowlf’s Tavern
----- (QS, with animatronics of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem on stage.)

Fozzie Bear’s Pies and More
----- (Walkup, with various types of pies for lunch, dinner and desserts.)

* But mostly just in Muppets Land

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 647083

zoboo-type-regular.png

I’d like to bring back more of a New York feel to this section, with taxi and such. Also Grand Avenue, the area right next to it feels like it is disconnected from the Muppet area. It would be much better if it was all together in one cohesive section. Instead of a one sided Mini Main Street where you can't even go in the stores. Daily performances will happen in the windows of the buildings like this used in the Liberty Square show.

View attachment 647084

The Great Muppet Movie Ride
----- (omnimover, similar to the great movie ride
----- (The Muppets show you how some of the best movies are made. But like Jim Henson said they get it all wrong. The movies are vastly different too, from Kiddies Movies to Classic Horror.)

View attachment 647085

The Muppets take Manhattan
----- (dark ride, similar to it’s a small world)
----- (The Muppets sing their famous theme song as you see them in various locations. All in a New York setting doing New York things. Like eating a hot dog or working construction.)

View attachment 647086

Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem: World Tour*
----- (indoor rollercoaster, similar to slinky dog dash)
----- (The best Muppet Band ever plays some of their greatest hits. As you pass by each of the bandmates they play their own instrument. Ending of course with Animal ... who tends to get carried away.)

Restaurants

View attachment 647087

Miss Piggy's Ristorante Italiano
----- (TS, with drawings of famous Muppets. Similar to Hollywood Brown Derby, but New York and Muppets themed.)

View attachment 647088View attachment 647089

Rowlf’s Tavern
----- (QS, with animatronics of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem on stage.)

Fozzie Bear’s Pies and More
----- (Walkup, with various types of pies for lunch, dinner and desserts.)

* But mostly just in Muppets Land
Here is my idea for Roger Rabbit's Hollywood / Toontown:
1) Toontown Transit (simulator)
2) Benny the Cab trackless dark ride (based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit)
3) Toontown Tower Hotel (drop tower based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit)
4) RollerCoaster Rabbit (coaster based on RollerCoaster Rabbit short)
5) Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride (thrill dark ride based on Tummy Trouble short)
6) Mickey's House
7) Minnie's House
8) Goofy's Paint N' House
9) Donald's Boat
10) Chip N' Dale's Treehouse
11) Toon Park
12) Gadget's Go Coaster (coaster based on Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers)
13) DuckTales dark ride (based on DuckTales 2017 or original DuckTales)
14) Mickey's Colorful Adventure (indoor water ride)

Shopping:
Maroon Studios Gifts, ACME Gag Factory, and more

Restuarants:
Toontown Diner, The Ink and Paint Club, Terminal Bar & Grill, Daisy's Diner, Rescue Rangers Cafe, and others

MickeyMouse10

Sounds good dfan32!

How would you do the sections based on Hollywood's current layout? For example Sunset Boulevard = Toontown or Maroon Studios.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Yep, so what sections would you do in your version of Hollywood? Like would you have a Mickey section or Muppets? I'm interested.
Roger Rabbit will have own both lands: Maroon Studios and Toontown, with Roger Rabbit attractions.
Mickey can have his own neighborhood street in Toontown with meet & greets, attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom