Disney's Hollywood Studios to possibly get a major revamp

oogie boogie man

You have to put Edna in the attraction, in place of Rod Serling. You could even spoof Twilight Zone, that would be hilarious Bone Daddy.

Last edited:

Snow Queen 83

Isn’t it weird? Pixar does seem to fit with Hollywood Studios way more than Magic Kingdom.

I think it is because Magic Kingdom is patterned after Disneyland, which focused mainly on classic cartoons and original attractions with animatronics.

J4546

put a pixar pier in DHS with a giant e-ticket exclusive waterbased flume or boat ride themed to something pixar. It would fit so well and the mickey wheel would look iconic from the center of the park looking into the entrance of PP. But instead of a mickey mouse head put the pixar ball and make it the pixar wheel. Also take the incredicoaster theming off the CA version and rename it California Screaming and ship it to DHS. Also rename Pixar Pier in CA to Paradise pier and give FL the pixar pier signage

Attachments

• DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 76

Parker41056

I think a modified pixar pier would be great at DHS, with a one-off e-ticket flume/boat/water based ride thats themed to nemo/dory/luca. SOmething like this. the yellow area is the one-off e-ticket. Instead of TSMM, there would be something with a monster inc theme perhaps...

this would be an amazing view from the ToT. Also the ferris wheel would be lined up perfect with the park courtyard entrance to the area. keep the sunset strip with the little stands and they act as a kinda breezeway between sunset and the pier. I think it'd be pretty swell, but I know some people dont like the pixar pier area in CA
Could also attach this yellow shaded area to Toy Story land and create a Lincoln Log Flume Ride.

Goofy Ninja

put a pixar pier in DHS with a giant e-ticket exclusive waterbased flume or boat ride themed to something pixar. It would fit so well and the mickey wheel would look iconic from the center of the park looking into the entrance of PP. But instead of a mickey mouse head put the pixar ball and make it the pixar wheel. Also take the incredicoaster theming off the CA version and rename it California Screaming and ship it to DHS. Also rename Pixar Pier in CA to Paradise pier and give FL the pixar pier signage

I like it, we could probably get a better nighttime show out of it too. “World of Color” would be a welcome addition over "Fantasmic".

Goofy Ninja

I just thought of something. They could then use the fantasmic land for something else. Roger Rabbit and Maroon Studios immediately came to mind.

MickeyMouse10

Animal could really use a new show, "Kitetails" is horrible. I'm more entertained watching strangers kids (flying kites) at the beach.

MickeyMouse10

There was a nighttime show there for a brief period of time, "Rivers of Light", I believe, but it was short-lived apparently.

Yep, it was horrible as well.

But it was at least better than "Kitetails". Disney has been missing left and right lately. What's next??? Watching the grass grow and watching someone blow bubbles?

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I just thought of something. They could then use the fantasmic land for something else. Roger Rabbit and Maroon Studios immediately came to mind.
Yeah, Maroon Studios aka Roger Rabbit's Hollywood will be awesome with attractions such as Benny the Cab: Escape from Toon Patrol, Toontown Transit, Toon Coaster (based on RollerCoaster Rabbit) and Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride.

PrinceCharming617

Isn’t it weird? Pixar does seem to fit with Hollywood Studios way more than Magic Kingdom.

I think it is because Magic Kingdom is patterned after Disneyland, which focused mainly on classic cartoons and original attractions with animatronics.

Yeppity deputy,

There are only 2 Pixar attractions (that are not meet & greets) currently in MK that actually fit. Buzz Lightyear and even a few scenes in Philarmagic are fine. But Monsters Inc shouldn’t be in MK, especially Tomorrowland.

itsy bitsy spider

I concur doctor, the closest Pixar related thing that seems to fit is Merida, but even she doesn’t feel like a Pixar film. Besides her anything Pixar related is vastly different than 2d and Disney computer animation.

oogie boogie man

Cars Coaster
----- (rollercoaster, similar to rock n rollercoaster

The great thing about "Cars" is it’s an easier transition from Aerosmith to it than any of the other Pixar films. Because it’s vehicles looks a like cars and it’s got the most appropriate Music soundtrack.

In fact I couldn’t picture doing a rollercoaster with any of the other Pixar soundtracks.

comics101

It's amazing how well that overlay fits--nice job with the maps!

What if instead of Pixar Pier, it's "Animation Pier" or something to that effect? Something that celebrates the entirety of the Disney Animation catalogue? I personally would like to see a couple of unique dark rides added as well. Maybe "Silly Symphony Funhouse" in place of Toy Story Mania? Goofy's Sky School could become "Goofy's Traffic Jam" --> Same basic mouse coaster with a "Hollywood/LA Traffic" theme.

The flume attraction you mentioned could go one of two ways:
1) A new version of Pinocchio's Daring Journey, with the final drop descending through Monstro's mouth
2) A Fantasia boat ride which begins with Sorcerer Mickey causing the broomsticks to flood the ride path and diverts guests' boats through the whimsical worlds of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000.

Last edited:

The Great Gonzo

The great thing about "Cars" is it’s an easier transition from Aerosmith to it than any of the other Pixar films. Because it’s vehicles looks a like cars and it’s got the most appropriate Music soundtrack.

In fact I couldn’t picture doing a rollercoaster with any of the other Pixar soundtracks.

The rumor has been that a Monsters Inc door coaster could possibly be put in. But that doesn’t make any sense at all. I love the films and show, but it doesn't have the appropriate music.

If not Cars, then maybe Incredicoaster would fit the spot. Like the one in DCA, but of course indoors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom