Disney's Hollywood Studios Streets of America character meet and greets to close Jan 2016

mikeh

I am thinking this is going to be a staging area. We haven't heard anything about the immanent closure of Mupperts or LMA so there really isn't enough space for a whole land there.

I'm still told the immediate area around MV3D isn't at risk from SW. I'm minded SWL is north east of Star Tours. LMA is meant to be staging / phase 3. Could be embarrassing if what I'm told is wrong.

This being a staging area would make sense given the water management plans location of the construction entrance

Imagineerwannabe

This being a staging area would make sense given the water management plans location of the construction entrance

This seemed logical to me too, storing plant and materials for the works,.

will it also be storage for TSPL construction or just SWL?
LMA would obviously be a bit of a barrier for that...

PizzaPlanet

If the toy story concept art is to be believed then a facade like this should be returning to the studios in the near future.
al-s-toy-barn-charater-greet-buzz-lightyear-big.jpg

You could also meet buzz by his rocket. I believe these meet and greets were installed when pizza planet opened.

mm52200

Yes, they are expected to be removed from MNSSHP and MVMCP, along with Move it Shake it Dance and Play it.
I thought that it seemed like a short sighted decision to add them to MiSIDaPi, any idea who might replace them? Would love some rare characters that were removed from MiSiCi to see a return to the show.

Chef Kronk

I thought that it seemed like a short sighted decision to add them to MiSIDaPi, any idea who might replace them? Would love some rare characters that were removed from MiSiCi to see a return to the show.

Not sure who would replace them if they are eliminated, but I completely agree with you. I really want the characters from the old show to return.

Ignohippo

I'm still told the immediate area around MV3D isn't at risk from SW. I'm minded SWL is north east of Star Tours. LMA is meant to be staging / phase 3. Could be embarrassing if what I'm told is wrong.

It isn't. At least not with the old info I have.

There really isn't anywhere else that could be used for the staging until they go ahead with the land clearing between the back entrance and the creek.

Don't be surprised if much of the construction early on is for a new garage, once the second one at DS is done. From what I've been told, the main reason for Osborne ending this year is due to the loss in capacity in the parking lot over the next 2-3 years.

LMA and SOA (Phase 3) is still a ways off, as I understand. I don't believe a final decision has even been made yet. Due to capacity issues, I don't know if any of that will even go away until after SW is done.

The next set of closings will likely be everything from Indy through Prime Time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This seemed logical to me too, storing plant and materials for the works,.

will it also be storage for TSPL construction or just SWL?
LMA would obviously be a bit of a barrier for that...

I think they would create a second area for TSPL. There is plenty of room in the old Backlot Tour area, especially if they remove Cat Canyon.

Biff215

LMA and SOA (Phase 3) is still a ways off, as I understand. I don't believe a final decision has even been made yet. Due to capacity issues, I don't know if any of that will even go away until after SW is done.
Thanks for the info. If SoA aren't going away, then why close the M&G's? Just trying to figure out what they're doing with this area.

Matt_Black

Thanks for the info. If SoA aren't going away, then why close the M&G's? Just trying to figure out what they're doing with this area.

Well, at least with Phineas & Ferb, the show is over. Better to can it now than to keep beating the dead horse for as long as possible.

Biff215

Well, at least with Phineas & Ferb, the show is over. Better to can it now than to keep beating the dead horse for as long as possible.
True, but both they and Cars are still popular and provide some life to an otherwise dead area. Can't be a coincidence that they're suddenly closing with the end of the lights. I assume this will mean the end of SoA completely, but others are suggesting they won't be affected. And with no announcement for LMA, it only confuses things further. Just trying to figure it all out, but at least it appears things might get started soon.

Ignohippo

The whole area from Mama Melrose to LMA is going to be the staging area for the first phase of construction, which will most likely be the clearing of the marsh land for the construction access roads and then possible parking lot work as well as, potentially, some SW work where the parade facilities are now.

Personally, I think we're still a year away from any work on the actual SW Land, at least. You'll know when it's beginning when you hear a closing date for Indy and most everything else around Echo Lake (Frozen Ever After, 50s Prime time, etc.).

The area designated for staging is perfect because, besides the theater, it's completely void of major structures and puts them within easy access of the roads and the area where the first part of construction will begin.

That is, besides TSL, where construction will be going on at the same time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom