Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

DDLand

We would like to unveil our new centerpiece, a park renovation 5 years in the making, over $2 billion dollars in development, and our best theme park to date. May we present: Tom!
Staggs isn't CEO yet. Are we sure it's okay to be naming theme parks after him? I think it's too soon...

Bcakd

Maybe "Movieland"! Or something that incorporates Disney, Lucas, Cameron, and Pixar in the title. Disney LCP, or Disney Picalu, or Lucapi at Disney! Fun to guess!

Monoblanco13

I'm guessing they have to add capacity before they close down Indy or Lights Motors Action. I wouldn't expect either to close until Toy Story Midway Mania has it's third track, and possibly Toy Story Playland (or some variant) opens.

On this note why haven't they even started on this "Land"? This whole back half is full of closed attractions.

Monoblanco13

It has been a while since we've heard anything about TSPL, hasn't it? Is this still on the drawing board or are they currently cutting the budget so we get a M&G and a spinner and call it a new land?

I'd hope not, I'm a lil upset about the rumor including the RC Racer ride from HK. I would hope that there is some type of thrill ride in the same vain as 7DMT.

dizneycrazy09

I'd hope not, I'm a lil upset about the rumor including the RC Racer ride from HK. I would hope that there is some type of thrill ride in the same vain as 7DMT.

I think many people on here would shutter at the thought of anything in the same vain as 7DMT. Something in that wheelhouse would be better than the RC ride though. But HS also can't wait over two years for something to be added either.

Monoblanco13

I think many people on here would shutter at the thought of anything in the same vain as 7DMT. Something in that wheelhouse would be better than the RC ride though. But HS also can't wait over two years for something to be added either.

The only reason why I said 7DMT is due to the fact that Pixar Play Place Land etc. is going to be friendly for all ages so it seems. I would rather the Monster's Inc door coaster that would be thrilling.

Rescue Ranger

Whatever the heck they name it, I'm happy at least...so it appears, witht eh GMR minor enhancments and details like Mr Golds Shop being added, the park will stain maintain aspects of that Studio "feel". Plus there is still ToT.

mahnamahna101

The only reason why I said 7DMT is due to the fact that Pixar Play Place Land etc. is going to be friendly for all ages so it seems. I would rather the Monster's Inc door coaster that would be thrilling.
The Door Coaster would likely have a 40" height requirement, maybe 42" since it's suspended. But it wouldn't be a thrill machine - 30 to 35 mph maximum.

Other than TSPL and Radiator Springs/Monstropolis mini-lands (Cars D-ticket, Junkyard Jamboree, Laugh Floor relocation) plus Bug's Life/Up retheme for the HITSK play area, I don't expect much for the Pixar expansion.

Star Wars is probably the one and only E-ticket for this expansion. A Door Coaster or an Incredibles KUKA arm/Twister dark ride isn't very likely.

mahnamahna101

I'd be thrilled if that were the case. 3 minor rides and 2 moderate ones would be a tremendous start- if they cap it off with the Door Coaster as the "highlight"- it would be everything you could realistically ask for. It can be on the same vein as 7DMT- doesnt have to be the best or most thrilling coaster on the planet- just a nice family friendly one that is a couple minutes long.
Save the thrilling and amazing E-ticket for Star Wars.

Of all the parks- DHS is the least in need of an E-Ticket. They already equal DAK and epcot combined in high end rides (ToT, RNRR, ST, GMR, TSMM vs TT, Soarin', EE, KS, Dino). What they are desperately in need of are B & C tickets- as much as I'd love everything to be E. :)

That said- I'd be more inclined to think it half of what you said. 2 minor rides and a single moderate one is more likely. I couldn't fathom WDW opening up 5 or 6 at once with Star Wars down the pipe.
TSPL, a Cars D-ticket, Laugh Floor and a reskinned HITSK play area wouldn't be amazing, but it's a start. I don't think it would make up for the lost capacity from Backlot Tour and LMA though. Flat rides and play areas have low capacity.

I'd like:
TSPL (1 flat ride and RC Racers - 4 tracks)
Cars dark ride
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
Flo's
Gusteau's
relocated Finding Nemo - The Musical
Up play area and flat ride
relocated Laugh Floor
Door Coaster E-ticket

Relatively realistic. 3 flat rides, 2 restaurants, 2 shows, a reskinned play area and only 2 major additions. That whole plan could be $500-600 million (including reworked backstage areas and demolition). Leaving $1 billion or so for Star Wars and other bits of placemaking in DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom