News Disney's Hollywood Studios July 2020 reopening reports

Darth Snips

Not sure where to post this, but does anyone know what the Star Tours ride profiles are like these days? I rode it earlier today and got the Episode IX sequence with one alteration: instead of going to Exegol, we went to Crait. Everything else was TRoS-based (Kef Bir, Lando, ending back at the Star Tours facility).

I didn’t think that was possible. Have they scrambled the ride profiles further?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1595720935810.png

1595720968001.png

revancho

Has capacity for Studios been raised recently?

I‘m wondering that myself. I made the mistake of going today and had the most disappointing Disney experience I’ve ever had. Took an hour to park and get through the screenings. Didn’t even come close to being able to get a boarding group at 10am despite arriving to park at 9:15. Thought the 2pm would be easier, but those were gone in 30 seconds. For a few minutes I honestly thought they just didn’t do the 2pm at all. I guess you just have to pay $125 a day for a shot to gamble whether you’ll get to experience the new attraction?

Many of the other rides had high waits throughout the day. I had resigned myself to killing some time on Star Tours at one point only to realize it was a 40 minute wait. Don’t know what’s going at Studios, but I had a much better time at Animal Kingdom. I don’t even want to think what things will be like if they try to increase the capacity cap for this park any further.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I‘m wondering that myself. I made the mistake of going today and had the most disappointing Disney experience I’ve ever had. Took an hour to park and get through the screenings. Didn’t even come close to being able to get a boarding group at 10am despite arriving to park at 9:15. Thought the 2pm would be easier, but those were gone in 30 seconds. For a few minutes I honestly thought they just didn’t do the 2pm at all. I guess you just have to pay $125 a day for a shot to gamble whether you’ll get to experience the new attraction?

Many of the other rides had high waits throughout the day. I had resigned myself to killing some time on Star Tours at one point only to realize it was a 40 minute wait. Don’t know what’s going at Studios, but I had a much better time at Animal Kingdom. I don’t even want to think what things will be like if they try to increase the capacity cap for this park any further.

We were supposed to go today but decided not to (though yesterday’s wait times made me want to go). So happy we didn’t go. Sorry it was such a bad experience. It’s what I expected to have happen and it seems like Disney needs to reduce capacity at HS.

YodaMan

Agreed. Today was an absolute disaster, but significantly worse than any day so far even though the park has been “sold out” every day.

disneygeek90

I'll agree today overall was pretty brutal. It was insanely hot and wait times were long through most of the afternoon. It finally lightened up around 5 and I was able to squeeze in MMRR 4x, Slinky and MFSR. I hit a major wall so did a few things like Muppets and the Mickey shorts earlier in the day to fill time/get AC. Probably could have just gone home after riding ROTR and then went back later in the day.

Masks weren't an issue, but capacity definitely was. I know HS reservations are rough as is but if this is the experience then they should dial it back.

The queue for MMRR at 12:30-
13AAD7A0-7B2E-4AB3-AECE-982708C814D4.jpeg

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Today at DHS was a great (albeit somewhat exaggerated example) as to what the parks are like at the moment. Weekends are substantially busier because that is when most people that work (aka locals in a position to go to the park) can actually go.

Also, hotel bookings hit a jump that has instilled some confidence. Demand has been higher especially for Pop Century (the only value resort), to where if Value demand is still high post CBR and AoA opening (I know one is a moderate and the other is priced like one, but they are nonetheless pulling from a closer market), a plan to reopen one of the All-Stars may be accelerated.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Went yesterday from rope-drop to closing. Parking was a fiasco. I made it to the parking plaza by 925a and because of the back-up didn't make it into the park until 1005am missing the 1st rise boarding groups.

Mask compliance is iffy at best especially in queues. Social distancing in TSL and SWL was non-existent. I felt super uncomfortable at times and tried to stay away from people as much as possible. I've gotten the "stay 6' away from me jerk" look down to a T.

Was able to snag a 2pm boarding group for ROTR with at 155 minute return window. Rode MMRR 2x - it's super-cute and fun but did we really need to sacrifice GMR for it? no. My boarding group (57) was called around 5pm and I got in line. Shortly after making it indoors the ride went down. I stayed in line for 2+ hours and finally got to ride around 730pm.

RaiseTheShields

A couple shows are set to reopen within a week or two. That should give some of the crowd a place to go. At the same time, capacity will likely increase.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

techgeek

My apologies if I’ve missed this somewhere... what’s the current situation for seating on MF:SR? One party per vehicle?

I know the single rider line is not active, are they putting singles in with other groups or do they get a private ride? (And if that, can you do both pilot roles as a single rider? How’s that work?)

disneygeek90

My apologies if I’ve missed this somewhere... what’s the current situation for seating on MF:SR? One party per vehicle?

I know the single rider line is not active, are they putting singles in with other groups or do they get a private ride? (And if that, can you do both pilot roles as a single rider? How’s that work?)
I was solo to the park yesterday and it's one party per vehicle. Had the whole thing to myself. I chose right pilot. I could still only control up/down.

The game reads that there's seats missing and Hondo mentions putting certain controls on auto pilot. It was fine, it probably did better than some people I've ridden with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom