Disney's Hollywood Studios Expansion Speculation and Ideas

captainmoch

Original Poster
I may have already started a thread for ideas and speculation about potential post-Avatar DAK expansions, so how about one for speculation of something coming much sooner, with the upcoming DHS expansion?

While this might become irrelevant in a few days with potential D23 announcements, it'd be fun to throw around some last minute ideas. They can be ride ideas, area ideas, show ideas, or simply series or ride systems that you would like to see in some form.

My (rather extensive) list of ideas include:
- Pixar Place along the back of the park, which includes multiple sub-areas based off Pixar properties.
- Toy Story Playland is included, and it includes Toy Story Midway Mania (with a relocated entrance and some more theming around it), Woody and Bullseye's Roundup Rodeo (which is a port of Mater's Junkyard Jamborie from DCA, but themed to a Woody's Roundup rodeo), and Slinky Dog's Zigzag spin (which is identicle to how it is at Hong Kong Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Park).
- A Bug's Land is included, albeit smaller. The only attractions include a rethemed Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground including a new entrance/exit, Flik's Flyers, and Heimlich's Choo Choo Train.
- Monstropolis is the largest scale of these areas. The main attraction is Monsters Inc.: Scare Floor Escape, and is a revival of the family door coaster idea. Other attractions include a new theater featuring the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor from Magic Kingdom, and a Harryhausen's dining location.
- Incredible City is much smaller scale then the other areas, but it features an Incredibles e-ticket similar to attractions such as the Amazing Adventures of Spider-man and Transformers: The Ride from Universal Studios Florida, and Ratatouille: The Adventure from Walt Disney Studio Park.
- Cars Land, but a smaller scale version to fit it better. The ride itself is mostly indoors now, which means the outdoor scenes now take place at night and are slightly different in layout. The outside of the attraction is against a canyon wall, and the only other attractions this time are the Cozy Cone snack spot and a Cars gift shop.
- Outside of Pixar, the other areas could be Muppet Studios, Indiana Jones's Adventure Alley, Star Wars Land, and Hollywoodland, which includes Hollywood Avenue and Sunset Boulevard.
- Muppet Studios would simply include a relocated Muppet Vision entrance and display, a new gift shop area, and potential room for a Muppets dark ride, depending on what happens with the series's popularity in the coming years.
- Indiana Jones's Adventure Alley could include a slightly updated stunt show in the same spot, and a brand new Indiana Jones attraction across the lake in the Sounds Dangerous/American Idol theater plots.
- For Star Wars Land, I'm honestly not sure what they could include. The location would be around the corner after Star Tours and be quiet extensive, on a similar scale to Avatar Land, including one huge e-ticket and a d-ticket.

captainmoch

Original Poster
Don't forget Marvel.
Eh, I have doubts that Universal would give up the rights... and I'm not sure I want them too, with how great The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman is.

However, "Super Hero Land" with Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero 6, and the Incredibles could be great. Incredibles could even help transition from "Pixar Land" to "Super Hero Land".

orlando678-

Something superheroes would be great I mean Disney has the rights to do something with their Marvel movies, Avengers, Ant Man( this could be a great trackless ride similar to ratatouille), guardians of the galaxy, big hero 6 . I'd also like to see toontown, a land based on black and white shorts and tim burton.

Twilight_Roxas

Plus the attractions could be theme more to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, along with a new Spiderman attraction. Plus I would make the Incredibles attraction more to Big Hero 6. Plus one of the upcoming attractions in Hong Kong Disneyland is based off Iron-Man so that's one Marvel attraction.

captainmoch

Original Poster
In Florida they can't.
Exactly... and DHS is in Florida. DCA on the other hand, is apparently getting a Marvel Land soon anyway. I'm guessing it'll at least include the Hong Kong Iron Man ride.

And I'm still not convinced that Marvel will leave USF any time soon, though. Which is why I assume if we did get a "Marvel Land" at DHS, it would be focus on GOTG and BH6, properties they can use in Florida.

captainmoch

Original Poster
Well could DHS atleast have the Iron-Man attraction if Hong Kong Disneyland, and DCA gets Iron-Man?
Well, no. Basically: the four "families" of superheroes used in IoA are the Avengers (Hulk), Spider-Man (AAoSM), X-Men (SFA), and Fantastic Four (FearFall). No characters from those four families can be used in Florida. So, Iron Man Experience could not come to DHS. However, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero 6, and potentially the Inhumans could be used at Disney, as they are not used at IoA. That is unless either MSHI gets replaced by an entirely new IP, or if Disney waves a large dollar in front of Uni that would allow them to use the Avengers family of characters in Florida, with the Hulk coaster being rethemed, and the rest staying the same. While the latter cooould happen, neither are very likely.

Then again, this page is just for ideas and speculation, so none of this really matters.

captainmoch

Original Poster
In other news, I made a map of my expansion idea!
WM2b.jpg

A lot of these are a bit distorted, but this is basically how I'd imagine it. I tried to keep the show buildings/rides that will survive the expansion in view, though. Monstropolis and Cars Land will take up large amounts of land, but much of those will be for those ride's show buildings. Super Hero City is fairly large, but I'd expect it to only include a few attractions at first (Incredibles, GOTG) and have some extra room for future expansions. Muppet Studios will also save some room for expansion, but for now would only include a new gift shop, a new dining area, and MuppetVision. Star Wars Land is a bit distorted too, but since I'm still not sure what types of attractions we'd get, I wasn't sure how big to make the extra "show building" space. The areas not marked will stay relatively the same, however will feature some minor updating/retheming. For example, Disney Jr. will have a relocated entrance, to make it part of Hollywood Street.

orlando678-

I was also thinking about an indoor coaster based on Oogie's lair, where we become his victim. In the ride you will board a carnival ride like vehicle and avoid Oogie's traps. Also Frankenweenie and Alice in Underland could be represented.

captainmoch

Original Poster
That would be pretty cool too. I'm tempted to add a Burton/"dark" themed area to my map. Maybe the area could be in between and connect Monstropolis and Sunset Boulevard? I also like the idea of a villains show going here, or a villain-themed dark ride.

orlando678-

It would be cool to have a villains ride at Animation Courtyard and maybe have Tim Burton area covered like what Universal did with Knockturn Alley , but on a larger scale

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom