News Disney's Hollywood Studios announces 30th Anniversary celebration details for May 1 2019

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Hey remember Animation, Great Movie Ride, and Backlot/CC? That's a big NOPE where the O has a little BB8 inside it.

It's a new logo for a revamped park....why would they show those closed attractions in the new logo? I'm not saying I particularly like the new logo, but I can see why they include their newest attractions in it.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m at the park. I enjoyed the calvacade and the announcements. Was quite enjoyable.

Was really neat seeing the group of opening day cast members, they should have been featured a bit more in my opinion.

Was sad to see no muppets :(

Also surprised no citizens of Hollywood were involved..... would have been a neat opportunity to have them involved , they are an opening day “show” after all!

I don’t love or hate the new logo. It looks more like a corporate logo and not really like a theme park, or a studio, or Hollywood, but whatever. Ha.

BrerJon

They should have renamed the park, it's not a studio anymore so why pretend.

I wanted Movie Kingdom, so we could have had Magic Kingdom, Movie Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot (featuring United) Kingdom.

BrowncatP

How many WDW parks has Phil Holmes been the Vice President of? I know this is at least his second. He was the head of the Magic Kingdom when New Fantasyland opened.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
How many WDW parks has Phil Holmes been the Vice President of? I know this is at least his second. He was the head of the Magic Kingdom when New Fantasyland opened.
DAK, MK, Studios, along with positions at Disneyland Paris.

JohnD

New sign, some paint...
arch-png.368559

View attachment 368565

It’s obvious that while the name is the same the emphasis is now on “Hollywood” rather than “Studios.” Doesn’t mean it’s a better logo though.

JohnD

I’m at the park. I enjoyed the calvacade and the announcements. Was quite enjoyable.

Was really neat seeing the group of opening day cast members, they should have been featured a bit more in my opinion.

Was sad to see no muppets :(

Also surprised no citizens of Hollywood were involved..... would have been a neat opportunity to have them involved , they are an opening day “show” after all!

I don’t love or hate the new logo. It looks more like a corporate logo and not really like a theme park, or a studio, or Hollywood, but whatever. Ha.

Ironically I stood in line for almost two hours to purchase 30th anniversary merchandise from the Muppets store with Muppets music blaring.

Tony the Tigger

Ironically I stood in line for almost two hours to purchase 30th anniversary merchandise from the Muppets store with Muppets music blaring.

I had to abandon the line for Slinky Dog lol. The only thing I really wanted was the ornament, and that’s not limited, so I’m hoping I can grab one in the morning.

JohnD

I had to abandon the line for Slinky Dog lol. The only thing I really wanted was the ornament, and that’s not limited, so I’m hoping I can grab one in the morning.

Which I didn’t want. LOL. Got cap, tumbler, AP pin, AP shirt, and May 1 pin. The way I see it. I’m on vacation for a week here. What’s another $150.

Figments Friend

Egad....
Is that really the proposed official new logo for DHS...?
Officially....?
:bored:

Craptacular fail.
Absolute craptacular fail.

Wow....I am stunned at the sheer stupidity of it.
Total lack of any kind of style or creativity.
Truly looks like something someone at a cubicle slapped together in Photoshop in 3.8 minutes.
Just wow.

A new low has been attained, it seems.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom