Disney's Great Lakes Resort (Open Brainstorming)

megatron_85

Original Poster
i'm planning an disney resort in my region (Great Lakes)

& i need help with:
Resorts & Hotels
Original Attractions (your own idea -or- un-builted by Disney)
Original Entertainment (Stage Show -or- daytime/nighttime parade -or- nighttime fireworks)
any classic attractions & entertainment (from one of your favorite parks)

Here are the parks i planned (Icons Included):
  1. Disneyland Great Lakes Park (Cinderella's Castle)
  2. Disney's Kingdom Of Imagination (The Glass Pyramids)
  3. Walt Disney Studios (The Chinese Theater)
  4. Disney's American Adventure (An Colonial Style Building -Similar to epcot's american adventure)
  5. DisneySea U.S.A. (The AquaSphere/Mount Prometheus)
please reply at once

megatron_85

Original Poster
Here's the list of parks again - this time with themed areas

Disneyland Great Lakes Park (An Fusion Of Disneyland & The Magic Kingdom)
  1. Main Street U.S.A. (1900's Indiana Town)
  2. Adventureland
  3. International Street
  4. Fronterland
  5. Critter Country
  6. Fantasyland
  7. Mickey's Toontown
  8. Tomorrowland
Disney's Kingdom Of Imagination (An Original Idea Based Upon Epcot's Journey Into Imagination - The Original One /W Dreamfinder & Figment)
  1. Figment Sqaure
  2. The Arts
  3. Literature
  4. Enertainment (Performing Arts)
  5. Science
Walt Disney Studios (Fusion Of "Disney Hollywood Studios" & "Walt Disney Studios Paris")
  1. Hollywood Boulevard
  2. Walt Disney Plaza (Animation Plaza-Like)
  3. Pixar Place
  4. Broadway Boulevard
  5. Muppet Studios
  6. New York Street (Setting for a Certain Stunt Show)
  7. Toon Studios
  8. The ABC-Disney Channel Backlot
  9. Sci-Fi Soundstage
  10. Sunset Boulevard
Disney's American Adventure (Parts Of Theme Park Were Based Upon Both an Epcot Pavilion called "The American Adventure" & an Un-Builted Theme Park Called "Disney's America")
  1. Liberty Sqaure (an colonial version of TDL's World Bazaar - without the conservatory roof)
  2. Crossroads U.S.A.
  3. Native America
  4. Civil War Fort
  5. We The People
  6. State Fair
  7. Family Farm
  8. President's Sqaure
  9. Enterprise
  10. Victory Field
DisneySea U.S.A. (An American Version of "Tokyo DisneySea")
  1. Mediterranean Harbor
  2. Mysterious Island
  3. Mermaid Lagoon
  4. Arabian Coast
  5. Lost River Delta
  6. Port Discovery
  7. American Waterfront
  8. Olympia (Greek Myths)
  9. Sparrow's Landing (Pirates)

MaterA113

I like your ideas i just have one comment so far... A lot of your parks have only the lands that are inthe original park... Like your WorldCOT or DisneySea...

Add somemore of yourown original ideas for countries in WorldCOT... the only original country is Switzerland... Take out a few others and replace them with original ones or planned but never achieved ones like Russia...

Also for DisneySea... add more lands or change them up becuase all you have are the ones in Tokyo right now... how about a land based on Greece or Greek Heros and Gods/GOddesses... Or something so it doesnt seem like a copy..

And Animal Kingdom same thing... YOu have the same lands as inthe park now... How about changing upt he animal Countries to the Amazon and Austrailia and add a Beastly Kingdomme type land.. or something...

One more thing... I like the idea for Kingdoms of Imagination... I just dont see all of those lands as part of Imagination... I think the figment land is good but i dont see how everything else comes together... To me it seems a bit disjointed...

Overall good start... speaking from experience on these forums i think that seven parks is a little much but it can be done it has to be thought about carefully and such...

I cant wait to see what else you do...

PS im sorry im not trying to be mean... i just want to see cool parks that are original not that seems like copies.. becuase if you look at the Diseny parks that are not original... ie MK style parks they are all different in some little way that makes a big difference..

megatron_85

Original Poster
I like your ideas i just have one comment so far... A lot of your parks have only the lands that are inthe original park... Like your WorldCOT or DisneySea...

Add somemore of yourown original ideas for countries in WorldCOT... the only original country is Switzerland... Take out a few others and replace them with original ones or planned but never achieved ones like Russia...

Also for DisneySea... add more lands or change them up becuase all you have are the ones in Tokyo right now... how about a land based on Greece or Greek Heros and Gods/GOddesses... Or something so it doesnt seem like a copy..

And Animal Kingdom same thing... YOu have the same lands as inthe park now... How about changing upt he animal Countries to the Amazon and Austrailia and add a Beastly Kingdomme type land.. or something...

One more thing... I like the idea for Kingdoms of Imagination... I just dont see all of those lands as part of Imagination... I think the figment land is good but i dont see how everything else comes together... To me it seems a bit disjointed...

Overall good start... speaking from experience on these forums i think that seven parks is a little much but it can be done it has to be thought about carefully and such...

I cant wait to see what else you do...

PS im sorry im not trying to be mean... i just want to see cool parks that are original not that seems like copies.. becuase if you look at the Diseny parks that are not original... ie MK style parks they are all different in some little way that makes a big difference..

Thanks For Your Comment, MaterA113

WorldCOT - You Notice That I Added The Weather Pavillion & renamed The Center part (CommuniCore) after an former Epcot Pavillion In Future World, But What Counties Must i remove & replace -or- even added?

DisneySea U.S.A. - I'll add a Greek Myths Themed area

Animal World - i've called "Animal World" instead Of "Animal Kingdom" in the way that walt disney world has "The Magic Kingdom" instead of "Disneyland",i was thinking about putting "The Amazons" and "Austraillia" in the park, you notice put "Beastly Kingdom" above "Camp Minnie-Mickey"

Kingdom Of Imagination - You want me to reclassify "Figment Square" as the Entrance area & rethemed the park with areas based upon the ideas from the original "Journey Into Imagination" (The Arts, Literature, Entertainment, & Science)?

Once Again Thanks For The Comment, MaterA113

MaterA113

YEah i saw the Weather Pavilion and CommuniCOre, i like those ideas...

HOw about instead of indivudal countries, making them the continentals like the plan for WestCOT, it would feature, North AMerica, South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa... What do you think??? Then you could encompass the whole world and not just a few countries...

Sorry i missed teh Beastly Kingdomme...

I like the redesign of Kingdoms of Imagination park that you mention.. If you theme it more to JiI indirectly throughout the park it will be i think a much cohesive and better park and experrience... Because i just didnt really see how Cars, Figment, and Bugs fit together... Maybe you could move Bugs Land to Animal World... Maybe your Imagination Park could be somewhat similar to your Furture World but instead of focusing on the facts of Future WOrld it could feature what could be or what might be or what would dream to be?? im mainly talking about the Science area... but idk... I dont know how the entertainment would be because you have a Studios park... But i really like your retheme and redo idea.. I say stitck to that and it could have many great possibilites

megatron_85

Original Poster
Good idea on WorldCOT's World Showcase

& I've Moved "A bug's land" to animal world

& we all make mistakes about knowing that BK is there or not

& I updated KoI to fit the imagination

& finally, for your infomation (Enertainment = Performing Arts)

thanks, MaterA113

wolfeman8

Here are Just some of my suggestions:

Disney Great Lakes Park

1. Have five great lakes and around each have a themed area and call the park Disney's Lakes of Discovery.
2. One area should be "Mythia", A Greek and Roman myths and legends inspired area
3. The next area should be "Discovery Bay" including The Island at the Top of the World : A zeppelin ride to a lost civilization in the Arctic, http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2005/05/22/609.aspx
4. Another are should be "Sci-Fi City" including Nostromo : A hi-tech interactive attraction inspired by the movie Alien. In which visitors would have rolled through the darkened corridors of the Nostromo.Riding inside of heavily armored vehicles. Armed with laser cannons guests would have have been sent on rescue mission to find the missing members of Nostromo's crew as well as rid the spaceship of all alien intruders.http://bp1.blogger.com/_OO7WbmARD08/SCOX4juqlzI/AAAAAAAAG-c/4PdA6TOP9pA/s1600-h/image18.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_OO7WbmARD08/SCOX0TuqlyI/AAAAAAAAG-U/UiKJBpbzUzk/s1600-h/image16.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_OO7WbmARD08/SCOXwDuqlxI/AAAAAAAAG-M/_Q3_r2mPvVU/s1600-h/image17.jpg

5. Also an area named "Atlantis", themed after the underwater city that will include Atlantis Expedition : A re-theming of the Submarine Voyage in Tomorrowland at Disneyland and Odessea : A nighttime spectacular

I will let you think up the last one. I willl give you more of my suggestions a little later.

FigmentJedi

So, is a lot of this resort going to be indoors or something? So it would actually be more capable of staying open year round?

Also, Figment Park= JAWESOME IDEA

megatron_85

Original Poster
Here are Just some of my suggestions:

Disney Great Lakes Park

1. Have five great lakes and around each have a themed area and call the park Disney's Lakes of Discovery.
2. One area should be "Mythia", A Greek and Roman myths and legends inspired area
3. The next area should be "Discovery Bay" including The Island at the Top of the World : A zeppelin ride to a lost civilization in the Arctic, http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2005/05/22/609.aspx
4. Another are should be "Sci-Fi City" including Nostromo : A hi-tech interactive attraction inspired by the movie Alien. In which visitors would have rolled through the darkened corridors of the Nostromo.Riding inside of heavily armored vehicles. Armed with laser cannons guests would have have been sent on rescue mission to find the missing members of Nostromo's crew as well as rid the spaceship of all alien intruders.http://bp1.blogger.com/_OO7WbmARD08/SCOX4juqlzI/AAAAAAAAG-c/4PdA6TOP9pA/s1600-h/image18.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_OO7WbmARD08/SCOX0TuqlyI/AAAAAAAAG-U/UiKJBpbzUzk/s1600-h/image16.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_OO7WbmARD08/SCOXwDuqlxI/AAAAAAAAG-M/_Q3_r2mPvVU/s1600-h/image17.jpg

5. Also an area named "Atlantis", themed after the underwater city that will include Atlantis Expedition : A re-theming of the Submarine Voyage in Tomorrowland at Disneyland and Odessea : A nighttime spectacular

I will let you think up the last one. I willl give you more of my suggestions a little later.

wolfeman8, i think already got greek myth themed area in DisneySea U.S.A., but i can based "Mythia" on other global myths & i can add one lake to list: "Lake Mickey-Donald"

So, is a lot of this resort going to be indoors or something? So it would actually be more capable of staying open year round?

Also, Figment Park= JAWESOME IDEA

that's right Tahu, a very lot indoors

FigmentJedi

Also, I'm thinking it's a little too big. Maybe cut down on the Epcot and Animal Kingdom based parks, consolidate some of those ideas into other parts.
Like the Figment park could use some of the Future World stuff to comprise Science land, or take a cue from old Disneyland ideas and bring International Street into the Disneyland park for the World Showcase stuff.

megatron_85

Original Poster
Also, I'm thinking it's a little too big. Maybe cut down on the Epcot and Animal Kingdom based parks, consolidate some of those ideas into other parts.
Like the Figment park could use some of the Future World stuff to comprise Science land, or take a cue from old Disneyland ideas and bring International Street into the Disneyland park for the World Showcase stuff.

Tahu, it's just for fun, i'm not gonna actually build a disney theme park

FigmentJedi

Tahu, it's just for fun, i'm not gonna actually build a disney theme park

I know, I'm just trying to make you think a little more realistically with your armchair Imagineering. Especially with the location in mind.
Plus, bringing down the number of parks could help increase the size of others.

megatron_85

Original Poster
I know, I'm just trying to make you think a little more realistically with your armchair Imagineering. Especially with the location in mind.
Plus, bringing down the number of parks could help increase the size of others.

i'll think about it

MaterA113

im i agree with Tahu... I think you should cut back on Epcot and Animal Kingdom ideas becasue both can be branched off to other parks... like Epcot could go to Figment park and MK and DisneySea and ANimal kingdom could have ideas in the other parks as well

megatron_85

Original Poster
Here are the list of attractions in the Disneyland Great Lakes Park
Bold Font = New & Original Attractions
Main Street U.S.A. (1920's Indiana Town)

Adventureland
Fire Mountain
Tarzan Rocks (Classic AK Show)
Jungle Cruise (Special Edition)
Jungle Expedition (AA version of Kilimanjaro Safaris)
Enchanted Tiki Room (Original Version)
King Louie's Jungle Maze (Walk-Through Maze)
International Street
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Maelstrom
Matterhorn Bodsleds
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
O' Canada
It's A Small World (Special Edition)
Frontierland
Tom Sawyer Island
Thunder Mesa
Big Thunder Mountain
Nature's Wonderland (Classic DL Attraction)
Geyser Mountain
Western River Expedition

Critter Country
Pocahontas' Riverbend Adventure (Flume Ride)
Country Bear Jamboree
Fantasyland
Cinderella's Castle
Cinderella's Surprise Celebration (Classic MK Show)
Peter Pan's Flight
Mad Tea Party
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
King Arthur Carrousel
Alice in Wonderland
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Pixie Hollow
Mary Poppins' Magical Horse Race (Fantasyland's version of Autopia)
Ariel's Underwater Adventure

Mickey's Toontown (Mickey's MouseWorks-ish/Duckburg Version)
Mickey's House
Minnie's House
Donald's Boat
Goofy's Bounce House
Pluto's Dog-Coaster
Chip 'n Dale Treehouse
Scrooge McDuck's Mansion
Mickey's Philharmagic
Mickey's Toontown Crisis (Dark Ride)
Tomorrowland (Future That Never Was)
Space Mountain
Astro Orbitor
Autopia
Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters
Tron's Cyber-Adventure (Dark Ride)
PeopleMover
20,000 Leauges Under The Sea (DisneySea Version)

Thank You, Daytime & Nighttime Parade and Fireworks will follow

p.s. thanks to MaterA113 for suggesting some ideas

FigmentJedi

So, you saving Haunted Mansion and PIrates of the Caribbean for the other parks then? Cause Pirates would be good for the DisneySea style one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom