• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney's Grand Parisian Resort and Spa At Disneyland Resort Paris In The Future?

wdwswan&dolphin

New Member
Original Poster
#1
I was reading an article about The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%27s_Grand_Floridian_Resort, when I suddenly saw this:
A Disney's Grand Parisian Resort and Spa is scheduled to start construction in July 2005 at Disneyland Resort Paris, France.
Can anyone confirm this as true or otherwise? If it is true, then does anyone have more information on this venture?
Best Wishes,
wdwswan&dolphin
 
#2
Advertisement
Oh, yeah. The Resort that nearly went bankrupt because of too many hotels is building a new hotel.
 

wdwswan&dolphin

New Member
Original Poster
#3
ImaginEAR said:
Oh, yeah. The Resort that nearly went bankrupt because of too many hotels is building a new hotel.
Ha ha. Very funny. I just want to find out more about this project. It sounds very...interesting.
 

wdwswan&dolphin

New Member
Original Poster
#5
ImaginEAR said:
Was that sarcasm? Tsk, tsk...

I don't know. I don't think they'll do it. It seems to similar to the Disneyland Hotel.
That's exactly what I thought. Also, if it were built, it might replace the Disneyland Hotel as The Disneyland Resort Paris's flagship resort hotel, which would anger many.
 

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
#6
Very interesting... I know occupancy is now good at DLP, and the Disneyland hotel only has 500 rooms... The space on Lake Disney between the Newport Bay was originally earmarked for the New Orleans Resort that never got built, and now a)Some future plans show `accommodation` labled blocks in that area, plus b) until recently this was a car park for the Village - EDSCA have now built a multi storey (parking structure) over the rail lines for the village, and closed the old one on this very site...

Nothing buzzing around the DLP boards (yet).
 

maelstrom

Well-Known Member
#7
While I always love the idea of new hotels, hotels that we supposed to be built and never were, etc, does DLP really need another hotel?
 

jrriddle

Well-Known Member
#8
While a new hotel would be great (maybe a copy of TDL's new hotel so it doesn't look to similar to the Disneyland Hotel), or something different all together. Maybe something that looks like Hotel de Paris (wouldn't that be cool). A really good spa and a wedding chapel would really add to the resort.
IMHO the resort has too many hotels for just 2 parks. But if they want to add rooms wouldn't they be better off building some budget hotels like the POP resorts?
 

jrriddle

Well-Known Member
#9
Just a thought.
Instead of where the proposed hotel is supposed to go (on the model Marni mentioned) maybe this will be a part of the Nature Parks they spoke of building out by Davey Crockett a year ago.
This would be a logical spot for a spa and another Disney Hotel.
 

wdwswan&dolphin

New Member
Original Poster
#10
jrriddle said:
Just a thought.
Instead of where the proposed hotel is supposed to go (on the model Marni mentioned) maybe this will be a part of the Nature Parks they spoke of building out by Davey Crockett a year ago.
This would be a logical spot for a spa and another Disney Hotel.
No, I seriously doubt that. If Disney, (or shall I say, EuroDisney S.C.A. and Groupe Pierre et Vacances), is going to build a Grand Parisian Resort Hotel & Spa, it will definitely be a deluxe resort hotel close to the parks.
Here's a link to some information about the "Four Nature Villages" jrriddle is talking about: http://www.dlp-guide.com/History/Pierre_et_Vacances.htm
 

jrriddle

Well-Known Member
#11
wdwswan&dolphin said:
No, I seriously doubt that. If Disney, (or shall I say, EuroDisney S.C.A. and Groupe Pierre et Vacances), is going to build a Grand Parisian Resort Hotel & Spa, it will definitely be a deluxe resort hotel close to the parks.
Here's a link to some information about the "Four Nature Villages" jrriddle is talking about: http://www.dlp-guide.com/History/Pierre_et_Vacances.htm[/QUOTE

Sorry. I should have been more clear. I meant a Deluxe Disney resort w/ spa. Not the budget hotel I was talking about in the post before.
So have you or any one heard if the Nature Park project is still alive?
 

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
#14
Its interesting, the land where the park is planned to be built wasn`t bought as part of the DLP plan - this is a new aquisition.
 

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
#15
Its interesting, the land where the park is planned to be built wasn`t bought as part of the original DLP plan - this is a new aquisition.
 

wdwswan&dolphin

New Member
Original Poster
#16
marni1971 said:
Its interesting, the land where the park is planned to be built wasn`t bought as part of the original DLP plan - this is a new aquisition.
It's not a park--it's a collection of four expansive resorts each with its own multitude of recreation unique to the particular village.
 

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
#17
No.. sorry! I meant nature park, resorts, accommodation. Don`t let anyone think I meant theme park..

We still to have 2 parks as it is (instead of 1.5)
 

jrriddle

Well-Known Member
#18
marni1971 said:
We still to have 2 parks as it is (instead of 1.5)
:lol: Speaking of things are are dead, they still don't have to stick to that old time frame of building a new park in a certain amount of time? Do they? :lookaroun

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize how far from the main park the Nature Parks were going to be.
My original thought was (well besides that they were closer) that there was already a glut of Disney Hotels around Lake Disney. With the new Nature parks it would make sense for them to put a hotel there.
Of course being a "hoser" from Canada, I've never heard of these nature parks. Are they just a weekend sort of thing? Or could you spend more time there, even if you didn't go to Disneyland?
At any rate I do hope they get around to putting in a Wedding Chapel at DLP. Be it at The Disneyland Hotel or a new hotel. My girlfriend loves Paris and I Love Disney. Perhaps a compromise could finally be reached. :rolleyes:
or not :D
 

wdwswan&dolphin

New Member
Original Poster
#19
Is it possible that the writers of the article made a mistake? That Disney's Grand Parisian Resort is not going to be built at The Disneyland Resort Paris, but is actually the name for the third resort hotel at The Tokyo Disneyland Resort that is scheduled to open in 2008?
 
#20
wdwswan&dolphin said:
Is it possible that the writers of the article made a mistake? That Disney's Grand Parisian Resort is not going to be built at The Disneyland Resort Paris, but is actually the name for the third resort hotel at The Tokyo Disneyland Resort that is scheduled to open in 2008?
What? Where did you find out this information?
 
Top Bottom