Disney's FY20 Q3 Earnings (8/4/20)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, that’s the point. Disney depends on guests from around the world and guests from those states. Current conditions in the US and specifically Florida, make it a dangerous, challenging, and sometimes impossible destination. Florida’s rising cases numbers and deaths have had a huge impact on the reopening.
I’m still a tad bit shocked we haven’t heard grumblings/pressure to the state. But little doubt they are occurring.

rle4lunch

tenor.gif

TTA94

They need to find a way to bring back nighttime shows. I’m sure they can figure out some way to do it. Unless they are not allowed to by the state?

Also the cooler weather late this year into 2021 will help with mask wearing.

WDW Pro

Yes, that’s the point. Disney depends on guests from around the world and guests from those states. Current conditions in the US and specifically Florida, make it a dangerous, challenging, and sometimes impossible destination. Florida’s rising cases numbers and deaths have had a huge impact on the reopening.

You'll disagree, but I would say that's only true due to political gamesmanship.

brb1006

Original Poster
They need to find a way to bring back nighttime shows. I’m sure they can figure out some way to do it. Unless they are not allowed to by the state?

Also the cooler weather late this year into 2021 will help with mask wearing.
Doubt that will happen for a while now.

HarrisburgMouse

“Despite the ongoing challenges of the pandemic, we’ve continued to build on the incredible success of Disney+ as we grow our global direct-to-consumer businesses,” said Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “The global reach of our full portfolio of direct-to-consumer services now exceeds an astounding 100 million paid subscriptions -- a significant milestone and a reaffirmation of our DTC strategy, which we view as key to the future growth of our company.”

100 million paid subscriptions... that's the bright spot here (for shareholders).

Slpy3270

So Disney actually made a meager earnings this quarter despite park closures and missing revenue, even after all the analysts predicted they'd lose money.

That's...not terrible? I was expecting them to miss everything.

And this is interesting: despite raising a lot of debt, current liabilities *decreased*, albeit slightly from last year.

celluloid

It was down 85 percent when closed. For sure that makes sense, but now they are open, with higher operating costs and having to pay their employees. Good luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom