Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort In It's Original Iteration Before The Renovations That Took Place During the Mid-Late 2000's

Truck451

Original Poster
Did Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, in its original iteration before the renovations that took place during the mid-late 2000's; have any Restaurants or Stores/Shops?
I am referring to the time the Caribbean Beach Resort had opened in 1989 up until the mid-late 2000's.
I do remember the Marina at the Caribbean Beach Resort renting out Purple and Turquoise-colored Fiberglass Boats as Small Watercraft during the 1990's.

Robbiem

I think when the resort opened the only food was at the food court, Captains Table/Shutters was a bar. (The CBR was the value hotel on property when it opened). They converted/added a sit down when they build the Port Orleans resorts so the resorts had similar amenities (& presumably because the all stars were planned).

Another early design choice which wasn't repeated was placing the main pool by the food court area rather than in another part of the resort - the pool also had a bridge over it

Rob562

I think when the resort opened the only food was at the food court, Captains Table/Shutters was a bar. (The CBR was the value hotel on property when it opened). They converted/added a sit down when they build the Port Orleans resorts so the resorts had similar amenities (& presumably because the all stars were planned).

Another early design choice which wasn't repeated was placing the main pool by the food court area rather than in another part of the resort - the pool also had a bridge over it

Yeah, the table service restaurant in the late 90's seemed very much shoehorned into a space only separated from the food court by a couple steps and a railing. I think it even used the same kitchen as the food court counters, meaning servers had to cross the main walkway where guests in the food court were walking.

-Rob

EPCOT-O.G.

Ah - thank you for posting this map. I have such fond memories of my many, many trips here in the 1990's. This was where my parents always took us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom