Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House - What to Expect?

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Our honeymoon is going to be early December 2018 and we booked one night here in a value studio as one of our "splurges." We are your average middle-class couple and we tend to stay at WDW value resorts or moderately priced off property hotels so we can spend our vacation money on activities. So this is going to be a big change for us!

I'm very excited but I also don't really know what to expect. I am assuming that our room will be in the main building and not the Kidani Village but please correct me if I am wrong. We didn't purchase a Savanna room so I know we will either get a parking lot or landscape view. But can anyone tell me if all of the Studio Villas are on one floor or are there several on multiple floors?

How is the parking compared to the value resorts? Is the layout of the resort similar to the values or completely different? Is it easy to get around and see and do everything on the property?

Any additional information you would think would be helpful would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

nickys

Premium Member
Our honeymoon is going to be early December 2018 and we booked one night here in a value studio as one of our "splurges." We are your average middle-class couple and we tend to stay at WDW value resorts or moderately priced off property hotels so we can spend our vacation money on activities. So this is going to be a big change for us!

I'm very excited but I also don't really know what to expect. I am assuming that our room will be in the main building and not the Kidani Village but please correct me if I am wrong. We didn't purchase a Savanna room so I know we will either get a parking lot or landscape view. But can anyone tell me if all of the Studio Villas are on one floor or are there several on multiple floors?

How is the parking compared to the value resorts? Is the layout of the resort similar to the values or completely different? Is it easy to get around and see and do everything on the property?

Any additional information you would think would be helpful would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

If you booked AKL it will be in Jambo House.

Studios will be on the 5th floor I think.

AKL has an extensive list of activities, as wel as the obvious animal watching. You'll never want to leave the resort. You can use the facilities at Kidani and AKL, it's just a 10 minute walk between the 2.

I suggest looking at David's DVC site and also allears. Allears has great resort videos and David's also have videos and info.

Simba's Mom

You got a value studio, right? If so, about a third of those are overlooking the Sunset Savannah-those are, IMO, the best deals at WDW. About half of the value studios overlook the pool. And there's a slim chance you'll get one of the couple that face the parking lot-however, from what I've heard, those really overlook nice lawns far from the parking lot. All the value studios are in the Ostrich and Giraffe trails. One nice plus is that the value rooms, since their on short trails, are never too far from the elevators. I'm a big fan of the value studios-enjoy your honeymoon there.

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
You got a value studio, right? If so, about a third of those are overlooking the Sunset Savannah-those are, IMO, the best deals at WDW. About half of the value studios overlook the pool. And there's a slim chance you'll get one of the couple that face the parking lot-however, from what I've heard, those really overlook nice lawns far from the parking lot. All the value studios are in the Ostrich and Giraffe trails. One nice plus is that the value rooms, since their on short trails, are never too far from the elevators. I'm a big fan of the value studios-enjoy your honeymoon there.

Yes, the value studio is what we got. That is great news on the possibility of a better view! Thank you for sharing and explaining the layout for me 😁

lostpro9het

I am assuming that our room will be in the main building and not the Kidani Village but please correct me if I am wrong. !
You'll be in Jambo house, which smells awesome.
We didn't purchase a Savanna room so I know we will either get a parking lot or landscape view.
You could have a parking lot view but I would HIGHLY recommend you make a note that its your honeymoon and they might could make sure you get a savanna view, but no guarantee. Here are pics from our last two Value stays at Jambo. Top two are pool views bottom two are savanna views:
20160404_150139.jpg

20160405_073804.jpg

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

Parking is outside at Jambo, maybe a little closer to the rooms than values. The resort layout is different as all the room entrances are inside, i.e. there is no walking to your building. An additional benefit of the value rooms is that they are all relativity very close to the lobby. Getting around Jambo and Kidani is very easy. A shuttle travels between the houses about every 1 minutes or you can walk between the houses in less than 10 minutes.

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
You'll be in Jambo house, which smells awesome.

You could have a parking lot view but I would HIGHLY recommend you make a note that its your honeymoon and they might could make sure you get a savanna view, but no guarantee. Here are pics from our last two Value stays at Jambo. Top two are pool views bottom two are savanna views:
View attachment 270663
View attachment 270664
View attachment 270662
View attachment 270665

Parking is outside at Jambo, maybe a little closer to the rooms than values. The resort layout is different as all the room entrances are inside, i.e. there is no walking to your building. An additional benefit of the value rooms is that they are all relativity very close to the lobby. Getting around Jambo and Kidani is very easy. A shuttle travels between the houses about every 1 minutes or you can walk between the houses in less than 10 minutes.

Thank you!

SHP

Make sure to book a few meals at AKL as well. We love Boma, and the market has some really delicious options (and zebra domes). Also there’s nothing like grabbing a glass of wine and sitting in front of the large fire pit in the lobby - it is very relaxing and welcoming. Also check out the woodcarver by the front entrance to see his latest artwork and take an African drumming class!

Congratulations! Like others here have said, you are going to LOVE your stay at AKL. It's the most immersive resort at WDW IMO. The zero-entry pools at both locations are amazing and are huge with tons of areas to relax. I think in early December like you said, it will be warm enough to swim around. Just check the weather as last year around the 7th of December it was so damn cold at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom