News Disney's Animal Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

Purduevian

Why does NRJ consistently have the longest wait? I didn't bother going on last week because we don't think it is worth waiting any longer than walk on for it so I couldn't observe the procedures. Are they doing 1 party per boat or something?

Super low capacity, and when everything has waits this low, everyone wants to do every ride in the park. FOP, Everest, Safari, Dinosaur, and KRR all have much higher demand, but post covid, retained a lot more of their capacity.

Normal capacities (ish) of these rides are:
FOP: 1800pph
Everest: 1800pph
Safari 4400pph
Dinosaur: 2700pph
KRR: 2300pph
NRJ: 1400pph

Post covid its probably more like
FOP: 900
Everest: 900
Safari:3000 (not skipping rows, but 1 party per row)
Dinosaur: 1300
KRR:900
NRJ: 600 (only attraction that might hit 1/6th of capacity if all were single riders)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1595629458158.png

RSoxNo1

Super low capacity, and when everything has waits this low, everyone wants to do every ride in the park. FOP, Everest, Safari, Dinosaur, and KRR all have much higher demand, but post covid, retained a lot more of their capacity.

Normal capacities (ish) of these rides are:
FOP: 1800pph
Everest: 1800pph
Safari 4400pph
Dinosaur: 2700pph
KRR: 2300pph
NRJ: 1400pph

Post covid its probably more like
FOP: 900
Everest: 900
Safari:3000 (not skipping rows, but 1 party per row)
Dinosaur: 1300
KRR:900
NRJ: 600 (only attraction that might hit 1/6th of capacity if all were single riders)
You're off quite a bit

UNCgolf

Good morning from the Animal Kingdom! First time back!
View attachment 486228

I have no interest in going to Disney at the moment, but I would absolutely love to be in the Animal Kingdom with that kind of crowd level. I wouldn't even care about getting on the rides; it would be so nice to wander around and take in all the animals and beauty without mobs of people.

disneygeek90

I have no interest in going to Disney at the moment, but I would absolutely love to be in the Animal Kingdom with that kind of crowd level. I wouldn't even care about getting on the rides; it would be so nice to wander around and take in all the animals and beauty without mobs of people.
Admittedly it was a bit Pandora-heavy. FoP 6x and Navi 2x, all other attractions once. I already booked again for next Saturday and plan to spread the love out a bit more, take the train to the conservation station, walk through the trails, etc. It was just too hard to pass up getting to ride FoP like I did today haha.

Purduevian

You're off quite a bit

I used the capacity numbers from this site... If they are wrong, someone should probably update

TJJohn12

I used the capacity numbers from this site... If they are wrong, someone should probably update

I think @RSoxNo1 might mean your *reduced* estimates are off. I think it's really hard to judge ATM without someone staking out a "typical" omnimover, a "typical" theatre/simulator, etc. and seeing deviation. The wildcards of cleanings and lower safety check necessities throws the calculation way off from simply halving seating.

Purduevian

I think @RSoxNo1 might mean your *reduced* estimates are off. I think it's really hard to judge ATM without someone staking out a "typical" omnimover, a "typical" theatre/simulator, etc. and seeing deviation. The wildcards of cleanings and lower safety check necessities throws the calculation way off from simply halving seating.

Gottcha, yeah that is very true, honestly I just took a guess on each % capacity based on the seating I have heard of:
FOP: 1 bike between groups
Navi: 1 Group per boat
Safari: 1 group per row
Kali: 1 or 2 groups per boat
Everest: 1 row between groups
Dinosaur: No one in row 2, 1 group per row

Magic Feather

Gottcha, yeah that is very true, honestly I just took a guess on each % capacity based on the seating I have heard of:
FoP averages 4 empty bikes per cycle.
Na’vi takes less than half of its normal capacity
Safari switched to be every other row recently (I believe in response to feedback).
I believe Kali is only 1 group, but
I’m still trying to get that one clarified.
As a result of “skip a row) on Everest, the ride has been running a bit below 2/3 of normal capacity.
Dinosaur is same as Everest.

Of note is that just about all of these are running better than 1/3 capacity, which is usually the amount allocated to Standby vs FP, so these SB lines haul butt compared to their usual lines.

disneygeek90

FoP averages 4 empty bikes per cycle.
Na’vi takes less than half of its normal capacity
Safari switched to be every other row recently (I believe in response to feedback).
I believe Kali is only 1 group, but
I’m still trying to get that one clarified.
As a result of “skip a row) on Everest, the ride has been running a bit below 2/3 of normal capacity.
Dinosaur is same as Everest.

Of note is that just about all of these are running better than 1/3 capacity, which is usually the amount allocated to Standby vs FP, so these SB lines haul butt compared to their usual lines.
I rode Kali on Saturday with another group of 3 (4 total in raft).

RSoxNo1

The original numbers were not correct for a number of attractions. The only way they might be correct would be if they were the arbitrarily determined "theoretical" numbers which can vary wildly from theme park applications. I did the math a few days ago, but a quick example would be your Flight of Passage number. Your number assumed less than a 6 1/2 minute cycle time if I'm not mistaken and that doesn't happen with any level of regularity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom