Disney's America

Goofster

Original Poster
i think everybody knows what I'm gonna say.
Now is definately the time for Disney's America to make it's debut. The amazing amount of patriotism in the last week has shown how close a country we are, and that this tragedy has not ripped our country apart, but instead drawn us closer together.

Disney's America would be a smash success, and it would help to teach everybody a little more about our homeland. Disney knows how to do american history, American Adventure is one of disney's best shows. It's time we learned a little more about our great homeland. And at a place where Veterans and their grandchildren can go and have fun together. The time for Disney's America is now, more than ever.

WDW-Imagineer

I agree.... we may very well see a Disney America put up in the next couple of years. I think the best place for this park would be Virginia.

FutureCEO

I hate when people do this. about a month ago, Disney America was my idea for a 5th park but everyone bashed it. People these days. well i think it still is a good idea but Virginia, come on, pretty soon your gonna have disney in mass, ny, ohio, and colorado. Keep it in Walt Disney World. Everyone changes their mind too fast.

WDW-Imagineer

This rumor/idea has been around for quite a while. I have always been for it... I don't see why anybody would disagree with the idea of Disney America. It think Virginia, Boston, or Philadelphia would be the most "American" location for this park.

wdwmaniac

I hope someday soon they build it. I think it should be in VA. It can go aganist Bush Gardens and with some of disney projects done maybe they will build it.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
There is a website with the history of this park. Included is ideas, sketches, and concept art. I can't seem to find it....anyone know what it is?

mightyduck

Originally posted by wdw24557
I hate when people do this. about a month ago, Disney America was my idea for a 5th park but everyone bashed it. People these days. well i think it still is a good idea but Virginia, come on, pretty soon your gonna have disney in mass, ny, ohio, and colorado. Keep it in Walt Disney World. Everyone changes their mind too fast.

I'm unsure why you are stating this like it's *your* rumor... Disney had brought some of these plans to light to get public opinion--and it was wildly renounced by many members of the public that felt putting the Disney spin on history would be too much happiness where real pain and struggle has existed.... that it would be such pablum where substance belongs.... I would embrace it, but I love Mickey. :) From a historical point of view, i can see where people would be afraid that the park would be a lot of misinformation--American history requires a chorus of voices to be interpreted, not a single company line. How would something fun and entertaining possibly address the darkest periods of American history--and this week is not dark in that respect because we can unify and celebrate our nation in the wake of it. I mean those blemishes where we were the aggressors, where we imposed our will on others, where we acted with imperialism or trampled the civil rights of our own citizens....

Lance

I absolutely agree with you. I live in Boston and as much as I would like to have Disney in my backyard, I wish they put the park in WDW. And I don't think Disney's America will ever get off the ground again, not in Virginia anyway.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by mightyduck

I'm unsure why you are stating this like it's *your* rumor... Disney had brought some of these plans to light to get public opinion--and it was wildly renounced by many members of the public that felt putting the Disney spin on history would be too much happiness where real pain and struggle has existed.... that it would be such pablum where substance belongs.... I would embrace it, but I love Mickey. :) From a historical point of view, i can see where people would be afraid that the park would be a lot of misinformation--American history requires a chorus of voices to be interpreted, not a single company line. How would something fun and entertaining possibly address the darkest periods of American history--and this week is not dark in that respect because we can unify and celebrate our nation in the wake of it. I mean those blemishes where we were the aggressors, where we imposed our will on others, where we acted with imperialism or trampled the civil rights of our own citizens....

You tell him mightyduck!!

FutureCEO

Originally posted by mightyduck

I'm unsure why you are stating this like it's *your* rumor...

Disney has had that rumor since I was born. Image that "weakduck";).
If Disney wants to do this before Universal does this, it will be widely accepted by the the public and for the historian part, they'll just have to live with it. Disney would most likely work with the government on this.

Goofster

Original Poster
I don't think this park should go in WDW, WDW allready has great american attractions, and if America goes in WDW im sure Liberty Square and American Adventure will not get as much attention. I think Disney's America belongs anywhere in the area the civil war was fought.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Goofster
I don't think this park should go in WDW, WDW allready has great american attractions, and if America goes in WDW im sure Liberty Square and American Adventure will not get as much attention. I think Disney's America belongs anywhere in the area the civil war was fought.

I agree... Orlando Florida isn't exactly the most "American" city in the US.

mightyduck

Disney has had that rumor since I was born. Image that "weakduck";).
If Disney wants to do this before Universal does this, it will be widely accepted by the the public and for the historian part, they'll just have to live with it. Disney would most likely work with the government on this.

I don't mean to be rude, but what are you talking about? "Image that" what? They proposed this park in Virginia a few years ago and there was such backlash they said they wouldn't put there, and probably won't build it....

And keep the insults to yourself or I'll whoop your butt... and I have big friends... ask DisJosh... ;)

<SRH>

Another one of the big arguments is that Disney wanted to put the park near where actual history and battles took place. To me that is like Disney building a park about California, in California. Oh wait that did happen!

<SRH>

Also, on another website I read an article about an idea proposing that Disney could convert DCA into Disney's America. This is not a company rumor, but someone's idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom