Disney's All Star Movies Resort to begin major room refurbishments in 2018

DisneyDreamer08

My other thought in terms of pricing was that since the All Stars are used for large groups/sport teams that can make them less desirable, hence the slightly lower price tag.

JohnD

That has really been phased out. Every now and then you might see a bus that says ALL-Star Resorts. I've stayed at ALL-Star Movies 4 times for a grand total of 30 days/30 nights and have only been on a bus that stops at all 3 resorts 6 times.

All Star buses tend to share more often in the evenings when picking guests up at the parks, particularly when there are a lot of people waiting. Just deposit them one-two-three at Sports, Music, and Movies.

Captain Barbossa

All Star buses tend to share more often in the evenings when picking guests up at the parks, particularly when there are a lot of people waiting. Just deposit them one-two-three at Sports, Music, and Movies.
Yeah, whenever I've been on the ALL-STAR Resorts buses, has usually been when I've left the parks past midnight.

pug

Watched the video tour the guy made of his room at Pop. I was astonished at the new rooms. Nice to see Disney is making the Values less Motel 6ish. And more accommodating for families. Two adults in a double bed is a tight squeeze. And finally, a coffee maker!
They are basically Motel 6 rooms now.

mattdenine

Stayed at Music this past June the only time we shared a bus is when we jumped on a Sports bus since we missed the Music bus.

peter11435

Did they finish renovating the food court at All-Star Movies?
I don’t believe they ever started.

Sports was done in 2013 and Music was done in 2014. Movies was never done except for some routine work around their drink station and some other minor work. Nothing like what the other two received.

It’s honestly not nearly as in need as sports and music we’re before their rebuilds. Save for the posters around the seating area that are faded and extremely dated.

Now the gift shops across the resort are in desperate need of a makeover.

Figment Newton

Has anyone seen the completed rooms yet? Any word on which sections are currently being refurbished?
I was there from 5/7 to 5/9 and they are currently working on the Toy Story section (rooms and area). It looked like all the rooms were closed, but you could still walk around the Toy Story area. I don't know if any sections have already been completed, but the 101 Dalmations were still the old rooms.
DSCN2935.JPG
DSCN2938.JPG
DSCN2937.JPG
DSCN2950.JPG
DSCN2951.JPG
DSCN2949.JPG

pug

Watched the video tour the guy made of his room at Pop. I was astonished at the new rooms. Nice to see Disney is making the Values less Motel 6ish. And more accommodating for families. Two adults in a double bed is a tight squeeze. And finally, a coffee maker!
But they look and feel like a Motel 6 now.

Bill Hunter

Not sure if it's Disney being overly cautious, but I just received an email that All Star Movies would be under renovation for our reservation in January.

Goofnut1980

So now that All Star Movies is completed, have they started on the next phase with All Star Music? The refreshed rooms look so much cleaner and more modern. Not stuck in the 90s look.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
So now that All Star Movies is completed, have they started on the next phase with All Star Music? The refreshed rooms look so much cleaner and more modern. Not stuck in the 90s look.

Movies is NOT finished. The only buildings that are done are Fantasia, Toy Story & Herbie. Ducks hasn't been touched yet.

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Was just there end of February. The rooms are extremely nice! The only negative is that when the murphy bed is down the room is quite cramped. Otherwise. we really enjoyed it! We stayed in the Toy Story section.

Same. I prefer the refurbished rooms but when both beds are in use - it's cramped. Stayed in Herbie 3x since last November and in refurb'd rooms every time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom