Disney's 2010 Promotion - Give a Day, Get a Disney Day

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Didn't see this posted on here yet--did a quick search. If it's been mentioned, I apologize!

Orlando Attractions Magazine just posted a link on Facebook to a new website promoting Disney's 2010 Promotion called "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day". The website doesn't list too much information yet, but it looks like some sort of volunteering thing, and it's sponsered by Southwest Airlines.

http://disney.prizelogic.com/en/default.aspx

DisneyMusician2

Touringplans has a commercial with the Muppets and Taye Diggs already posted.

They claim there may have been an announcement on GMA this morning, but I am nowhere near a TV.

princessmommy

There was an announcement on GMA about giving a day to volunteer and getting a free ticket, but I cant find the link on GMA's website, I just googled it and our forum was the first link that popped up... Will check back later...

NewfieFan

Interesting...

I was just reading the FAQs and came across this...

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport , is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:
  • Disney's Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party.†
  • A collectible Ear Hat figurine with exclusive trading pins‡
  • Donate your free ticket to a non-profit organization designated by Disney Parks.

DiPSU224

They claim there may have been an announcement on GMA this morning, but I am nowhere near a TV.

Saw it this morning on GMA. It was shortly after 8. I missed the beginning of GMA this morning but apparently they are at a school in Chicago where they made the announcement. The segment was probably 2 minutes long with Jay making the announcement. They keep going back to the school throughout the show giving info on how you can volunteer, links on the website, the Jammitors were there, etc...

WDWFigment

Interesting...

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport , is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:
  • Disney's Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party.†
  • Donate your free ticket to a non-profit organization designated by Disney Parks.

I was hoping for a gift card, but those options aren't too bad. I love the inclusion of the Muppets in this!

NewfieFan

I just checked out Volunteer Canada and the closest centre to Newfoundland is New Brunswick! :mad: Why couldn't they pick an organization that is right across Canada!?! I hate being left out of everything! But this time I'm not the only one... Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island are also left out! This is not fair Disney... it's not open to all residents of Canada - you've left three provinces out!!! :fork:

wserratore1963

Didn't see this posted on here yet--did a quick search. If it's been mentioned, I apologize!

Orlando Attractions Magazine just posted a link on Facebook to a new website promoting Disney's 2010 Promotion called "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day". The website doesn't list too much information yet, but it looks like some sort of volunteering thing, and it's sponsered by Southwest Airlines.

I think this is a great promotion; I will look to enlist.
I love that they are using the Muppets for this

KingdomHeart

I have a feeling this is just "a" promotion for 2010, not "the" promotion. But I think this is awesome of Disney and great for them! I love the idea of getting people out there!
-Nicholas

EPCOTPluto

Interesting...

Very interesting news here. Yes, it's great the Muppets are a part of this, but thealternate options are kind of 'meh'....

I have a feeling this is just "a" promotion for 2010, not "the" promotion. But I think this is awesome of Disney and great for them! I love the idea of getting people out there!
-Nicholas
Yes, it would be odd to see this become a yearly theme. Why a yearly theme anyway? :dazzle:

sweetpee_1993

Saw it this morning on GMA. It was shortly after 8. I missed the beginning of GMA this morning but apparently they are at a school in Chicago where they made the announcement. The segment was probably 2 minutes long with Jay making the announcement. They keep going back to the school throughout the show giving info on how you can volunteer, links on the website, the Jammitors were there, etc...

I loooove the Jammitors!!!!

And apparently it takes about 2 weeks to get your volunteer service confirmation so even if we volunteered on January 1st it's unlikely we'd have our confirmation in time to use it. Bummer.

calicommando

-Nicholas

It looks to me like the theme is still "Celebrate Today" but they are offering this instead of the birthday promotion.

Bork Bork

Lovin' the Muppet connection (obviously)! Just signed up for the update emails. Will probably take the FPs and collectibles if my whole family volunteers.

KingdomHeart

It looks to me like the theme is still "Celebrate Today" but they are offering this instead of the birthday promotion.

That's a thought. Wow. I didn't even think of that. Get rid of the birthday thing. I guess because people caught on they are only saving a couple of dollars on a 5 day vacation for ONE PERSON. Good point, Cali!
-Nicholas

NewfieFan

Hope they still do the gift cards or FPs in lieu of the day for us APs.

Check out post #4

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom