Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

Ismael Flores

Ok so its 9:37 and i just went on the app to see what boarding group they started with and actually had the "join boarding group" available.
Decided to click on it and it asked me my party group number and whether i wanted to link another pass. It also told me i was joining a back up group.

I didn't finalize the joining because do not want to take the space from someone else but i was surprised that i could do all that and i am not even anywhere close to the resort and have not entered the resort park today.

Has the app allowed to go that far into the process and then maybe rejected the boarding group when it finalizes and realized passes had not been scanned?

Ok so its 9:37 and i just went on the app to see what boarding group they started with and actually had the "join boarding group" available.
Decided to click on it and it asked me my party group number and whether i wanted to link another pass. It also told me i was joining a back up group.

I didn't finalize the joining because do not want to take the space from someone else but i was surprised that i could do all that and i am not even anywhere close to the resort and have not entered the resort park today.

Has the app allowed to go that far into the process and then maybe rejected the boarding group when it finalizes and realized passes had not been scanned?
I'm also not scanned into the park, and when I tried boarding, this is the screen that showed up, saying I needed to be in the park.

Attachments

• rise_boarding_grp.jpg
    rise_boarding_grp.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 46

socaljoeyb

It will stop you before getting a bp.

waltography

This was my experience as well. Not having any spoilers made the whole experience insane for me. I was saying "oh my god" multiple times throughout the shows and the ride itself. It really is one crazy experience and it takes a lot to process it once it's all done. I love that it's one big long story instead of just a ride, and each aspect of it is amazing.

Some rides or shows have a few mindblowing moments. For example, when Abe Lincoln stand up in Mr. Lincoln it always makes people gasp. This experience has tons of moments like that where you think "how did they do this?" "is this happening?". That is the ride's strength.

When we were sealed in the room and were just told to stand there I had no idea what was going to happen next and was thinking "where do we even board the ride or go next". When the wall seemed to glow and be cut out of nowhere, it was incredible, and then the employees telling you "we're breaking you out, come on lets go". That was so much fun and an experience I will always remember.
Fully agree. I’m so glad I didn’t spoil myself in the end. And that last bit still gets me as I think about it; I was giddy at how masterfully this attraction’s story was thought through.

BalooChicago

I am glad someone else on here shares my opinion on this. My wife and I had such a fun time. Can't wait to go back, from an attractions perspective the whole experience is genius.

We were on Rise Friday at DL. Made a point of no spoilers (waited to finish the Imagineering Story for instance) and it was incredible. Seeing my 11yo sons eyes go wide with awe multiple times was priceless.

Mickeyboof

What happened to the Vi Hologram scene? It is even featured in this trailer on the Disney World home page website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

Did she get replaced by Rey last minute? Why would they make Vi a walk around character but give her no purpose?

It would be nice if the holograms were random between the two. Adds a touch of relatability. Vi should be the one, she’s the leader of the base on Batuu.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

What happened to the Vi Hologram scene? It is even featured in this trailer on the Disney World home page website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

Did she get replaced by Rey last minute? Why would they make Vi a walk around character but give her no purpose?
There was never a Vi hologram. It was always Rey. They just used Vi for the commericial. Don't believe everything you see on tv kid

Th3 DUd3

This just seems odd to me. They created this character to just hide around in the land but doesn't tie into anything else? I guess at least it's some kind of live entertainer. I would think she would have a bigger role on the ride or somewhere in the land based on that video and the fact that she has been a character there for months.

She's Vi-ing for your attention

yensidtlaw1969

The story tells us we have to evacuate Batuu because of the impending threat and it’s no longer safe and then we end up back on Batuu. What are we supposed to do when we got off the ride, run for our lives?

They actually do cover their tracks on this one:

Rey tells us in the Preshow the Resistance Outpost is not safe because a Star Destroyer is on its way to the Batuu System . . . the Star Destroyer that ends up capturing us and suffering debilitating damage by the time we've escaped back to Batuu, negating its ability to attack. We also learn between Bek's dictation and Kylo's interrogation that they don't know the exact location of the Resistance Base, just that they suspect it's on Batuu. At the end of the ride Bek tells us that the location of the Base is secure because they didn't get it out of us. So Batuu is just as safe after our ride as it was before with Kylo and the Stormtroopers walking around. You could argue both before and after that they're exploring the planet trying to gather intel on the location of the base. The events are written in a circular-enough way that it checks out.

Mickeyboof

This just seems odd to me. They created this character to just hide around in the land but doesn't tie into anything else? I guess at least it's some kind of live entertainer. I would think she would have a bigger role on the ride or somewhere in the land based on that video and the fact that she has been a character there for months.

I just finished reading the Black Spire book, which truly made me a fan of her.

However, there’s absolutely no real-world storytelling happening with her character in the parks.

She is on Batuu to build a resistance base, and hopefully recruit locals and visitors to join the dwindling Resistance. She is the leader of the Resistance on Batuu.

However, the actor in the land clearly hasn’t read the book. The actor in the land creeps and crawls around the place like a schizophrenic lady. She won’t even barely talk to you before she looks suspicious and asks “are you First Order? Can I trust you?” then runs away. The imagineers clearly didnt give her a script or speeches or a response tree to have conversations in the land.

The novel Vi is a calculated spy, who has been sent to Batuu by Leia to ignite the spark in the outer rim of space. She’s written as humorous and smart, cunning and human.

Actually, she has quite a band of Resistance members she recruited. Money must be the reason we can’t meet them, as they’re not walk around characters.

Batuu continues to seem abandoned.

Figments Friend

Please share! Any interesting observations? Did people on the boat recognize him?

You need to check out my massive thread here in the Disneyland Forum called "The Tony Baxter Tour of Disneyland - a Venture'
Sadly most of the photos contained in it are now watermarked / blurred ( thanks, stupid Photobucket...grrr..) but the typed tales are still intact.
Lots to read there...if you have'nt had the chance yet as i have had several wonderful adventures with this amazing man.
The latter half of the thread has all the 'good stuff'.....
;)

When we rode POTC together, yes, you could say there were some insights.
You have to keep in mind that this was the Attraction Tony snuck into as a teenaged CM during his break hour back in the 60s when it was being built.
Doing so caused him to meet his future mentor Claude Coats, who gave him a personal tour of the place under construction.
When Tony returned from his 'extended' break, he was scolded by his shift leader and had his pay docked for the time he was absent!

I don't recall anyone recognizing him while we were at the Attraction, maybe a couple of Cast Members as he visits the Park often.
Walking around the Park we met a few people who recognized him and wanted a photo together, but for the most part we were left alone.
We rode several Attractions that evening, and it was a awesome experience !

'

Last edited:

britain

They actually do cover their tracks on this one:

Rey tells us in the Preshow the Resistance Outpost is not safe because a Star Destroyer is on its way to the Batuu System . . . the Star Destroyer that ends up capturing us and suffering debilitating damage by the time we've escaped back to Batuu, negating its ability to attack. We also learn between Bek's dictation and Kylo's interrogation that they don't know the exact location of the Resistance Base, just that they suspect it's on Batuu. At the end of the ride Bek tells us that the location of the Base is secure because they didn't get it out of us. So Batuu is just as safe after our ride as it was before with Kylo and the Stormtroopers walking around. You could argue both before and after that they're exploring the planet trying to gather intel on the location of the base. The events are written in a circular-enough way that it checks out.

Very close, but...

The Rey specifically doesn't want us to tell the First Order that Leia's base is on Bakara. Batuu is being investigated, but it's Bakara that we need to not shout out to Kylo. ...Like I did. (hangs head in shame, weeps for Bothans...)

yensidtlaw1969

Very close, but...

The Rey specifically doesn't want us to tell the First Order that Leia's base is on Bakara. Batuu is being investigated, but it's Bakara that we need to not shout out to Kylo. ...Like I did. (hangs head in shame, weeps for Bothans...)
Okay, you're right - I just went back and she does say "it is vital that you keep the location of the Bakara Base secret".

The point still stands, though, that Rey says before that "your outpost on Batuu is no longer safe", not that Batuu overall isn't safe. And even if she did, the Star Destroyer suffers debilitating damage during the events of the ride - so much that it affects events in Rise of Skywalker: Potential Rise of the Resistance and Rise of Skywalker Spoilers in this article. This suggests the threat of the Star Destroyer has been neutralized, and since that was the reason the outpost on Batuu wasn't safe, it appears it's safe again. At least for the time being.

RobWDW1971

Okay, you're right - I just went back and she does say "it is vital that you keep the location of the Bakara Base secret".

The point still stands, though, that Rey says before that "your outpost on Batuu is no longer safe", not that Batuu overall isn't safe. And even if she did, the Star Destroyer suffers debilitating damage during the events of the ride - so much that it affects events in Rise of Skywalker: Potential Rise of the Resistance and Rise of Skywalker Spoilers in this article. This suggests the threat of the Star Destroyer has been neutralized, and since that was the reason the outpost on Batuu wasn't safe, it appears it's safe again. At least for the time being.
So the Star Destroyer on the way to Batuu didn’t tell anybody where/why it was going? Nobody else in the fleet is aware of what it was doing?

This is exhausting - can we just go back to floating by pirate ships?

Also, since this thread is specifically for thoughts and criticism, why are we hiding spoilers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom