Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

TP2000

Original Poster
Here's the update from DHS on their opening day, from reports over in the DHS side of the forum...

They had a very big crowd by 5am, and by 7am they opened the park gates two hours early and led the crowds into Star Wars Land and everyone filed into the queue for Rise of the Resistance. A few minutes after that the ride broke down and it is now closed. No word on when it might open.

At 7:30am on the App, Millennium Falcon has a 60 minute wait, Slinky Dog Coaster has a 40 minute wait, the four other rides in DHS have 5 minute waits, and Rise of the Resistance is closed.

Here is the crowd waiting to get in to the broken ride, or get word of what to do, currently at DHS at 7:40am.

eb3c1394-4260-4c9a-9caf-ab50db949c17-jpeg.430573

Last edited:

Communicora

Premium Member
Yeah. I was watching instagram stories from someone who was in one of the first groups as it went down at the very end. They gave the people in the boarding groups a pass to get back on the ride and a multiexperience fastpass. They also offered them theoretical times to return and have lines so that they can give it another go when it is back up. People not from those additional boarding groups are in another line.

DanielBB8

I dont hate this ride. I like it a lot.
Its not a horrible ride. Falcon is a horrible ride. ROTR is not. The queue is right up there with some of the best Disney queues of all time. Right up there with Indy's (but Indy's has the leg up). My postives from the ride povs:
The BB-8 AA is awesome
The Rey Hologram is amazing(I just dont like Rey as a character)
EVERY PART OF THE ITTS SHUTTLE IS FANTASTIC although I was told Nien Nunb would be flying and the pilot AA doesnt look like he turns around to make out if it is him or not but he appears on some monitors wearing the helmet so that works I guess.
The first Kylo AA is damn good(and I am not a Kylo fan)
The AT-AT lowering its guns at you and firing on the 1st pod is great.
The cannons shooting as you travel under them is good.
THE RAMP. We finally get one we can walk up in the land.
THE NOT SOO GOOD:
The Storm Troopers once you get off the ITTS SHUTTLE have little to no movement.
The door that "falls apart" as the reisistance members help you escape and load you onto the vehicles looks like a crappy effect.
The Probe Droid comes down too sloow and you can tell how the effect is done
Too many screens used in the ride that look like screens
Having a General Hux AA
The Lightsaber effect is like I predicted
The At-At heads don't move so Disney lied in its advertising.o
THE STORY IS CONVOLUTED AND POINTLESS. The ride's story is "spinning its wheels the ride." We are recruited, get captured, escape only to go back to batuu on our merry way. Um..werent we on our way to see Leia cuz she needed us? Why not have her come to Batuu at the end. "Sorry you couldnt come to me so i came to you". Guess that mission to leia was meaningless if they dont have us get on another ship to go see her. Also why is Finn a well known defector going undercover in the 1st place? What was his original mission? Did he know we were going to get randonly kidnapped in advance? If not why is and the other resistance fighters in disguise on a random star destroyer orignally like Rey said???
The Finn AA's are too robotic.
The last Kylo AA looks very robotic and moves unnaturally and the door falling in front of him is not convincing at all and looks like something out of Earthquake from Universal as others have pointed out.
Overall it is a solid ride. I like it as a whole but its been way overhyped. Is it a good ride? Hell, yeah. Does it look fun? Hell, yeah. Does it set a new Imagineering bar? Hell, no. Is it the best Star Wars ride? Hell, no. Star Tours is better and more thrilling and fun and Hyperspace Mountain is fantastic. Does it make up for the Falcon Ride? 100% yes. I like it. Its exactly what I thought it would be. I don't hate it, I am not in love with it. But its decent and that is all it had to be. And I love that it uses actual Star Wars music for once in the land.
When everything else is almost perfect, but the story is all wrong. That’s Disney Star Wars.

Phroobar

Here's the update from DHS on their opening day, from reports over in the DHS side of the forum...

They had a very big crowd by 5am, and by 7am they opened the park gates two hours early and led the crowds into Star Wars Land and everyone filed into the queue for Rise of the Resistance. A few minutes after that the ride broke down and it is now closed. No word on when it might open.

At 7:30am on the App, Millennium Falcon has a 60 minute wait, Slinky Dog Coaster has a 40 minute wait, the four other rides in DHS have 5 minute waits, and Rise of the Resistance is closed.

Here is the crowd waiting to get in to the broken ride, or get word of what to do, currently at DHS at 7:40am.

eb3c1394-4260-4c9a-9caf-ab50db949c17-jpeg.430573
I guess that is why they have a turret outside in case the crowd decides to stampede the entrance.

Ismael Flores

Where? If true, this‘ a big step down from the $180 3-day park hopper. Speaking of, that ticket is absolutely horrendous for AP holders. They’ve paid thousands for their pass, only for an insanely good deal that brings in butt-loads of people to clog up the parks. On the other hand, it’s a great deal so yay.
one of my workers was excited because he is planning a big Disneyland birthday outing with several of his family member. he is the one that told me. he is paying the bill so he was excited because he had budgeted for the regular price and now can invite a couple more.

To be honest i have not verified the pricing or did i ask where he heard but he does have a sister that works in a travel agency so maybe they were told

Last edited:

Professortango1

Pirates of the Carribean, The Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventutre. The explanation of what they amount to see is self explanitory.

Our interaction in those rides do not change anything regarding the worlds they take place in. Maybe you can argue we help Indy out of the temple, but from the ride perspective, it doesn't appear as if he was really trapped there and instead guides us. Not that "explanitory" to me.

trainplane3

Update on the current throughput of guests:
I believe it opened at 8 am (I was using 9, but stand corrected; it was closed before 8 as far as I know since it shut down very quickly). Now they are up to group 54. 5400 in 4.66 hours would be 1150 now.

Like they said in the thread, that isn't too bad for day one for a complicated attraction.

britain

Here's a deep thought:

Has there ever been any other attraction where the "something goes terribly wrong" happens in the pre-show? I can't think of any time we've ever boarded an attraction under the pressure of the conflict of the story before. (Maybe Back to the Future)

It's just really refreshing to see energetic cast members say, "We're here to rescue you! C'mon!"

It's also disappointing when the cast members aren't that into it.

Mac Tonight

Here's a deep thought:

Has there ever been any other attraction where the "something goes terribly wrong" happens in the pre-show? I can't think of any time we've ever boarded an attraction under the pressure of the conflict of the story before. (Maybe Back to the Future)

It's just really refreshing to see energetic cast members say, "We're here to rescue you! C'mon!"

It's also disappointing when the cast members aren't that into it.
I don't think this qualifies as "something goes terribly wrong", but the Haunted Mansion kind of fits that model. We're essentially "trapped" via the stretching room and have to find... a way out! (muahahahahahahaha)

The rest of the attraction is essentially our "escape" from the mansion.

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm not sure that counts. It's a tour.

Most Universal rides have something going wrong at some point. In Spider-Man, the city is under siege while you're in line and only tourists that have bumbled in to the Daily Bugle can capture the story.

In Kongfrontation, the city was under siege by King Kong and you were escaping.

In E.T., his planet is dying and you need to escape the government and bring him home because Steven Spielberg is depending on us. The stakes have never been higher!

Anyone have any thoughts if this could be soft opening, say over new years? (Yes, I will be there then, and yes, this is probably just wishful thinking...)

Ismael Flores

No they haven't. Your friend likely got a package deal. $200 two day is barely better than the $225 2 day deal that you can buy at Target right now.

He said that the deal goes on sale January 7, will have to ask him again where the info came from. I have a feeling that his sister got the info early since she works in travel service but I agree the pricing seems off

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom