Disneyland's Main Street or Magic Kingdom's Main Street?

Disneyland's Main Street USA vs Magic Kingdom's Main Street USA

• Total voters

dweezil78

DL by a longshot. But MK does score a few points for having a functional barber shop, if you ever were so inclined to have your haircut while inside the park.

harmonybarbershopinterior-1024x682.jpg

mikenatcity1

My favorite Main Street is actually DLP's because of the arcades and the bricked road, but I definitely prefer DL's over MK's. The bricked sidewalks of DL's Main Street simply look nicer than all the red concrete MK uses instead.

It's funny...it took me almost 2 days to realize the brick was there in DLP (this past May). I remember thinking there was something "warm" about the feel and didn't realize what it was until someone said "brick". I loved the look! And the castle at the end of Main St...so far my favorite of the 3 i've seen (Sorry DLR/WDW).

Disneylover152

Wow. It always amazes me when I hear something new. How many people actually get haircuts there?

I know a lot of AP holders do it at Magic Kingdom. It's actually a pretty good deal. It's $19 for adults, $17 for kids. You get a haircut and pixie dust in your hari.

I got my first haircut there... my mom said they do this giant party and Mickey Mouse came and he gave a printed certificate and a Mickey Ear Hat with "First Haircut" emroidered on the back. You also get pixie dust and more she said. It's only $25 (a few dollars less than a Mickey Hat at the Emporium).

ThemeParkTraveller

It's funny...it took me almost 2 days to realize the brick was there in DLP (this past May). I remember thinking there was something "warm" about the feel and didn't realize what it was until someone said "brick". I loved the look! And the castle at the end of Main St...so far my favorite of the 3 i've seen (Sorry DLR/WDW).

If you liked the look of DLP's, you should also check out HKDL's. A near clone of Disneyland's Main Street except it swaps the brick sidewalks for the brick road like DLP. The mountains in the background behind the castle are beautiful too. A shame their new castle will probably block that view out when it's completed.

Hong_Kong_Disneyland_Resort_Main_Street_overivew_200705.jpg

Rich T

Disneyland for its Main Street Cinema, Magic Shop, and longer hours for its charming vehicles. It's just too bad about that hideous fake-rocks-and-whirligig-monstrosity on the right as you reach the hub.

Disneylover152

Disneyland for its Main Street Cinema, Magic Shop, and longer hours for its charming vehicles. It's just too bad about that hideous fake-rocks-and-whirligig-monstrosity on the right as you reach the hub.

I've always heard about the bottleneck that those fake rocks caused. I never experienced a bottle neck in Tomorrowland at all the three days I was in Disneyland...

I only experienced a bottleneck in Fantasyland by Mad Tea Party and a bottleneck at the entrance to Adventureland.

Stevek

There are certain things I like about both parks. WDW's has a grander feel to it but the giant emporium and lack of unique stores hurts it. The Barber shop is very cool, their Confectionary/Candy Store is massive. Disneyland's has a quaintness and just works better for me. That's not saying WDW's is bad...it's really got some beautiful architecture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom