News Disneyland Working on Future Master Plan- includes Theme Park Expansions, Retail/Entertainment Space, and More!

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Wow. Exactly the comment I made on another thread about expanding Disneyland into the old DTD lot and the discussion we all had about DCA expanding into the lot behind PP. The Toy Story Lot is interesting. I'd rather a full blown 3rd park be build vs a mixed use with one theme park building and hotels/shopping.
Lol I brought up the same idea a year or two ago about extending DCA across Disneyland Drive. Glad it might be a reality.

waltography

I can actually get behind this; I've always wondered how the parks could expand given the limited space the area's always had, and this is a really creative way to "expand" without actually expanding their footprint (which is perhaps the most Disney thing WDI's done the past few years).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And let me add while a lot is unknown at this point, but this could put Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier within the new berm of these two expansions areas. That would be for an interesting and valuable hotel experience.

TP2000

Also, you young'uns here should not put much faith in anything Anaheim's PR firm says about Disney's possible long-term expansion plans, especially the IP's that may be used.

Back in 2000, Disney and Anaheim did about the same thing on a much younger Internet. Disney even had a website called thirdthemepark.com where this exciting and shocking information was released. Except back then, Disney didn't own Marvel or Pixar or Lucas Film, so the biggest IP they could use to generate excitement was Winnie The Pooh and Little Mermaid. 🤣

page-1.jpg

So let's not get too excited, even though this new plan looks legitimate and makes complete sense. We've been down this road before, and talk and splashy websites are pretty cheap. Websites are actually cheaper today than they were 21 years ago.

But isn't it great to hear from Cynthia Harriss again?!? 😍

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

It's also weird that you enter the Disneyland expansion near Critter Country... but Zootopia is on the DCA side.

I do have faith that everything just being "inspired by" clones is just so they have something to show without having to create new concepts that would be thrown out once they can start getting serious about the development of this expansion pad.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol I brought up the same idea a year or two ago about extending DCA across Disneyland Drive. Glad it might be a reality.
That idea has been brought up many times by many posters over the last 5+ years that I recall. Its a common topic brought up when talking about expansion. So you're among great company on the topic. :)

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Also, you young'uns here should not put much faith in anything Anaheim's PR firm says about Disney's possible long-term expansion plans, especially the IP's that may be used.

Back in 2000, Disney and Anaheim did about the same thing on a much younger Internet. Disney even had a website called thirdthemepark.com where this exciting and shocking information was released. Except back then, Disney didn't own Marvel or Pixar or Lucas Film, so the biggest IP they could use to generated excitement was Winnie The Pooh at Little Mermaid. 🤣

View attachment 542308

So let's not get too excited, even though this new plan looks legitimate and makes complete sense. We've been down this road before, and talk and splashy websites are pretty cheap. Websites are actually cheaper today than they were 21 years ago.

But isn't it great to hear from Cynthia Harriss again?!? 😍
I remember that website. Loved checking it out.

TP2000

I remember that website. Loved checking it out.

It was super exciting then. It was an official Disney website, and it appeared around the summer of 2000 when the finishing touches were still being put on DCA. It was incredible to think that just after Disneyland's second theme park opened that they would get to work on a third park.

And it was going to have Winnie The Pooh! :rolleyes:

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Also let me say this could be what Baxter was talking about a couple years ago when saying that Disneyland has lots of expansion areas that the public wasn't aware of.
I was looking at the industrial/commercial land in Anaheim between Anaheim Blvd, Ball, and State College. This could be a potential 3rd Theme Park spot if they can somehow buy up all the land there. @Darkbeer1 . Is this land possible for Disney to purchase?

DavidNoble

Now that plan makes sense!

It's not a "third park", it's merely large expansion pads for the two existing parks. Accessed via bridges over Disneyland Drive.

This is also a grand plan that would take a couple decades to flesh out and complete. Unless something changes radically in the way Burbank manages and invests in their Anaheim property, then that's a plan that would take a decade.

Yeah, it’s not a third park.

And this talk about expanding across Disneyland Dr., aren’t there properties there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom