Disneyland with a Theme Park Virgin

SuddenStorm

Original Poster
Looks like in August I'll be attending the park (not parks ;)) with some people who have never been to a theme park. Six Flags Magic Mountain and Utah's Lagoon are the only two parks they've been to (except for one who went to Univeral Island of Adventure in Orlando).

So here's the question. Outside of the major rides, Fantasyland Dark Rides, Lincoln, and Tiki Room, and the major shows, what experiences in Disneyland park do you guys think should not be missed for a group of adults? Which diversions in the park are worth checking out?

westie

Show them a good dinner (package) at SH55 or CC. People always think its all hamburgers and hot dogs but Disney does fine dining really well too.

SuddenStorm

Original Poster
You already said Lincoln so I'm going to say the Mark Twain Riverboat and the Disneyland Railroad (Grand Circle Tour).

Those are definitely musts. Depending on crowds, I might try and do the Canoes in lieu of the Mark Twain, due to how much more intimate the experience is, and how much closer you are to the river.

SuddenStorm

Original Poster
I second these. Since @SuddenStorm mentioned all the big ones I would say Blue Bayou reservations with Fantasmic priority seating and just exploring NOS.

Now might be a good time to confess that I've actually never eaten at the Bayou. I also hadn't done the Main Street Vehicles until this year, and even then I've only done the horse drawn car.

It's amazing how much stuff gets passed over, even by people who go regularly.

mickEblu

Now might be a good time to confess that I've actually never eaten at the Bayou. I also hadn't done the Main Street Vehicles until this year, and even then I've only done the horse drawn car.

It's amazing how much stuff gets passed over, even by people who go regularly.

Hahah. I’ve only eaten their once a couple years ago. We would have been back by now but then my son happened.

I’ve done each of the vehicles once. Yeah it is amazing considering how many times I’ve been.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Carnation Cafe is certainly worth a visit. I love the food they serve there. Star Wars Launch bay is entertaining. Mainly interacting with Vader / Kylo / Chewy.

SuddenStorm

Original Poster
Maybe debatable with your audience, but I think Storybook is quintessential Disneyland and should be included for that reason.

One member in the group hasn't seen very many golden age animated films. Because of this, I'm very curious to see how well most of Fantasyland goes over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom