Disneyland Vs Disneyworld?

RogueHabit

Original Poster
After 5 trips to WDW in the last 3 years, the family and I are debating whether it is time to take a look at Disney's offering on the west coast.
Not only that, but the other parks and attractions that CA has to offer such as Magic Mountain and the studios.

In FL we have pretty much seen everything that Orlando has to offer, been to Kennedy, spent some time at Daytona. About the only thing we didn't do yet was Busch Gardens, but this doesn't seem enough to justify yet another trip to FL right now.

Can anyone out there comment on who CA compares with FL.

We are two Disney mad parents with 2 kids, who when we go will be 6 years old and 16 months. Plus we love thrill rides.

DLMAGICDARREN

Although the Magic Kingdoms are definately similar, the original Disneyland blows away the Magic Kingdom.

While I appreciate the unique attractions at Magic Kingdom they just don't compare to the number you will see at Disneyland.

1) Indiana Jones, need I say more
2) Matterhorn
3) Pinnicho's Daring Adventure
4) Alice in Wonderland
5) Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
6) Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
7) The new Autopia
8) Casey Jr. Circus Train
9) Storybook Canal

Attractions you can see at WDW, but must leave the Magic Kingdom yet get at Disneyland

1) Fantasmic
2) Star Tours
3) Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Lands you get at Disneyland

1 ) New Orleans Square (although I love Liberty Square as well)
2) Critter Country
3) Mickey's Toontown (blows away Mickey's Toonton Fair)

Small World has a spectacular facade, unlike Magic Kingdom's rather boring look. Beleive there is Magic in the stars is a huge improvement over Fantasy in the Sky.

With the upcoming holidays, you get the makeover for Small World, and this year the Haunted Mansion. Magic Kingdom has yet to start these holiday makeovers.

Also you will get Disney's California Adventure, as well as Downtown Disney.

None of this is to say Walt Disney World is not even more specatular then the Disneyland resort, but it's just to point out that the West Coast has a smaller resort, yet just as breathtaking. By all means make it a point to visit if you can.

DisneyFreak

I can't comment on Disneyland since I've never been there but if you plan on going to Universal Hollywood you will be disappointed especially if you've been to the Orlando park.

dianedisney

As for WDW verses DL Resort there is no way to
compare the two. I personally love the original
"Disneyland". Walts dream beginning and where he
walked. The castle is smaller than the one at
WDW. But being the original dream it has a charm
all its own. And I just love the Disneyland Hotel especially since they have redone the inside. The
rooms now have europeon four poster beds and ceiling wallpaper border that when you turn off the lights pixie dust glows in the dark for the children to put them to sleep. DCA has alot of improvements to make in my opinion, but it also has its high points. It is not stopping me from
visiting the first weekend in December this year.
I am looking forward to all the holiday decorations and the "Nightmare Before Christmas" haunted mansion. If you want to do more take in
Knotts Berry Farm. It is fabulous for kids with "Camp Snoopy" . Hope this helps! dianedisney

Richy_roo

DL V MK

Don't debate just go...

Fantasmic is far superior in Disneyland

and indiana jones adventure is amazing

Those 2 are more than worth the visit.

JP in Universal CA is better than Universal FL

Why not do what my family did, we did 4 days in CA then flew across the states and spent 10 days in Florida

The TOP Banana of holidays!!

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Thanks guys, you've all been very helpfull.

Ricky_roo, how much did that flight cost? I have heard that domestic US flights can cost almost as much as trans-atlantic ones...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom