Disneyland Vet is WDW Rookie - What to use FP+ on?

CHOX

Original Poster
I need your guidace. My fiance and I are doing a nine day honeymoon at WDE from late Feb through early March (4 Magic Kingdom, 2 Epcot, 2 Animal Kingdom, 1 DHS). I've done all my research and have everything planned out. This isn't dire because I can't make my selections until the end of December, but what rides should I use my 3 FP+ per day on?

I know I have groups to select from, so some of these will have to be on different days.
- Animal Kingdom seems like a no brainier (EE, Avatar Rides).
- Epcot is a little less clear? I know I'll need to use one for Frozen, but what other rides have the longest waits? I'd assume Test Track and Mission Space?
- DHS doesn't really matter...I have the whole day to do Aerosmith, Tower of Terror...and Star Tours?
- For the Magic Kingdom I know I'll need to use it for the Mine Train and Space Mountain. In Feb, I doubt Splash Mountain will be in such high demand (if it's even open), so what would be my next best choice? Lines for Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain, and the Mansion always seem to be relatively short in California.

Basically, what rides are imperative to use FP+ on?

NiarrNDisney

Honestly I would say make a list of attractions that are your must do's then mark all that have Fast Pass available then make a high priority list and pick 3 or 4 in each park that have the longest waits and boom you have your picks.

neoshinok

AK: Either Pandora ride, Everest and Safari

DHS: RnRc, Star Tours, Tower (You've got Toy Story in CA, same with Star Tours but Toy Story is a Tier 1 so I'd go with RnRc over that)

Epcot: Frozen OR Test Track (Tier 1), Living With the Land, Mission Space OR Spaceship Earth. (You've got Soarin in CA)

MK: Mine Coaster, Space Mountain, Big Thunder OR Splash. Pirates and Mansion should be available in the evening after you use your first 3. If you want to ride Peter Pan here for some reason, that needs a FP as well.

Have a great time!

Last edited:

danitaytay

Everyone definitely has different opinions on what FP+ to choose. I would definitely recommend especially since it's your first time visiting just looking at one of the WDW wait time apps just to get an idea of the most popular rides. The nice thing about FP+ is that once you use all three FP+ you can schedule one, and then subsequently another after you use each one. So I would definitely recommend trying to schedule your FP+ earlier in the day so you can fit more in.

Just based on my past experiences, here are my go-to's for scheduling FP+!

AK: New Pandora rides, Kilimanjaro Safari (try to schedule for earliest possible! that's when the animals are most active), and Expedition Everest

DHS: Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours (you can ride RnRC as a single rider so it's not necessary for a FP+)

Epcot: Frozen Ever After, Test Track, and Soarin' (Mission Space usually doesn't get too crazy, especially in the off-season times)

Magic Kingdom: Thunder Mountain, 7DMT, and Space Mountain!

Best of luck planning your trip! It seems like you're going to have an amazing time :)

SAV

Keep in mind that EPCOT has tiers, so you won't be able to get multiple Tier 1 attractions at the same time. You can get EITHER Frozenstrom, Soarin' or Test Track...not all 3 in that initial batch. But I did get Frozenstrom, SSE and Turtle Talk, I think, as soon as I could in the morning. Got through those by noon and was still able to get Soarin' 2 more times that day. We just did single rider on Test Track. Heck, I was out of FP's I wanted to get so I grabbed one for the special viewing area of Illuminations...just because.

DHS also has tiers, so you won't be able to get TSM and RnRc at the same time.

At AK, If I'm remembering correctly, you can't get a FP+ for both of the Avatar attractions at the same time. Definitely go with Flight of Passage if you have a choice. What I did at AK was get my FOP for the morning, then Safari and finally Rivers of Light. I was initially concerned about only having 3 FP+'s so my plan was to run over to do Everest at Rope Drop. We got there and it was having ride issues, so we went over and did the Safari as stand by instead. Line was under 20 minutes at that point. Since I had a FP+ for Safari later that day, I changed that on-the-fly to Kali. A storm rolled in, so Kali closed and gave us a FP to use on anything, but Pandora. Used that on EE. We then did Dinosaur! stand-by, Nemo, FOLK and even NRJ(only 40 minute wait) right when ROL ended. There wasn't an attraction I didn't get on that I wanted to.

At MK, we love Big Thunder, so we got that, Splash and I think Space. Once again, got those early and used them up and was able to get another Big Thunder, Buzz, and something else.

DisneyPrincess5

AK: Either Pandora ride, Everest and Safari

DHS: RnRc, Star Tours, Tower (You've got Toy Story in CA, same with Star Tours but Toy Story is a Tier 1 so I'd go with RnRc over that)

Epcot: Frozen OR Test Track (Tier 1), Living With the Land, Mission Space OR Spaceship Earth. (You've got Soarin in CA)

MK: Mine Coaster, Space Mountain, Big Thunder OR Splash. Pirates and Mansion should be available in the evening after you use your first 3. If you want to ride Peter Pan here for some reason, that needs a FP as well.

Have a great time!
This is literally exactly what we do.

@CHOX At MK, I'd go to Peter Pan at rope drop to see the awesome queue so then a FP can be better used elsewhere.

StarWarsGirl

My formula would be this:

MK:
Space Mountain
Mine Train
Splash Mountain (yes, it will be open, and if you've done the DL version, you'll appreciate this one)

Unlike in DL, Big Thunder runs long in WDW. I would plan to get there and hit it first thing in the morning and maybe plan your Splash FP for some point after that. It does drop at night, so keep an eye on it.

Epcot:
Frozen, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth. Test Track has a singles line, and Soarin' you can hit at night or first thing with a short wait. Frozen, however, you must have a FP for. You can only do Soarin, TT, or Frozen; you can't do all three, or even two, in the same day.

DHS: Again, this one has tiered FPs. I would do RnRC if I were you, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours. Unlike in DL, however, our Star Tours drops down periodically throughout the day. If you're not seeing a line outside, it's 20 minutes or less. Waits for this park tend to decrease at about 3 pm, so you can hit Toy Story Mania on a shorter line then, and I believe the graphics are a bit better than at DCA's, not to mention that queue is awesome.

AK: Definitely FofP. You can only get one Avatar attraction per day. Definitely get EE. I would also plan for Safari first. Hit Avatar stuff at about 3 pm. You'll see the most animals if you do Safari first and miss the crowds that go into Pandora first. I would also FP Rivers of Light for better seating, although you could plan for that to be an additional FP. Lines on everything but the Avatar attractions fluctuate during the day, so you can hit them, even EE, on relatively short waits.

Also, just another general tip: I don't know about you, but when I go to DL, I seem to want to ride as many rides as possible in the shortest amount of time. Don't do that at WDW. Slow down, savor the moment, stop to smell the roses. I promise, that's the way to get the most out of it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I need your guidace. My fiance and I are doing a nine day honeymoon at WDE from late Feb through early March (4 Magic Kingdom, 2 Epcot, 2 Animal Kingdom, 1 DHS). I've done all my research and have everything planned out. This isn't dire because I can't make my selections until the end of December, but what rides should I use my 3 FP+ per day on?

I know I have groups to select from, so some of these will have to be on different days.
- Animal Kingdom seems like a no brainier (EE, Avatar Rides).
- Epcot is a little less clear? I know I'll need to use one for Frozen, but what other rides have the longest waits? I'd assume Test Track and Mission Space?
- DHS doesn't really matter...I have the whole day to do Aerosmith, Tower of Terror...and Star Tours?
- For the Magic Kingdom I know I'll need to use it for the Mine Train and Space Mountain. In Feb, I doubt Splash Mountain will be in such high demand (if it's even open), so what would be my next best choice? Lines for Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain, and the Mansion always seem to be relatively short in California.

Basically, what rides are imperative to use FP+ on?

In order of importance:

MK-
7 Dwarves Mine Train
Space Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Peter Pan's Flight

EPCOT-
Frozen Ever After
Test Track
Soarin'
Mission: Space
Spaceship Earth
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth (Once all 3 of my FP+s were out during my last trip, I got this. Really good viewing area!)

Hollywood Studios-
Rockin' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania
Star Tours II
Fantasmic! (Again, if they're available after you use up your 3 FP+s)

Animal Kingdom-
Flight of Passage
Na'vi River Journey
Expedition Everest
DINOSAUR (Afternoon-onwards... It's empty in the morning tho.)
Primeval Whirl

danheaton

The challenges with FPs are Disney World are the tiers as others have stated, particularly at EPCOT with three headliners in one tier. I'd select Frozen there and then either hit Soarin and Test Track early or late. Test Track has single rider, as does Aerosmith at DHS.

For your question about the Magic Kingdom, I'd pick Big Thunder since it's February. Peter Pan is the 2nd most popular one in the park, so that should take precedence if you want to do it.

If you can get Flight of Passage at the Animal Kingdom, do it. The rest is pretty straightforward since Pandora has dropped the other standby lines due to its popularity.

DHS isn't too bad since you have Toy Story in California. The rides to see are Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Star Tours usually doesn't have a huge line, but the FP definitely helps on that front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom