Disneyland Used to Remove Cigarettes in Portraits of Walt Disney

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

TP2000

Now here's some fascinating Disney Parks trivia.

http://petapixel.com/2016/10/12/disneyland-used-photoshop-cigarettes-portraits-walt-disney/

How many of you knew this?

I knew that. And anyone who has eaten at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel knows it too. But at Steakhouse 55 they have airbrushed out all the cigarettes from all the people in the photos, not just Walt, and also airbrushed out the ashtrays too. It's really silly.

Steakhouse 55 - Carey Grant takes Ava Gardner out to dinner after she sprained her fingers.

steakhouse-55-disneyland-hotel-283.jpg

But then I've never been that impressed with the service or polish at Steakhouse 55, so I'm glad the management of that alleged "fine dining" steakhouse has something to focus on instead of proper training and execution. :cool:

For much better service, and slightly better steaks and quality, I go to Capital Grille at South Coast Plaza. I have a habit of eating at a corner booth in the bar beneath a giant oil painting of John Wayne, who has a cigarette in his hand. When you aren't busy airbrushing out cigarettes from historical artwork, you apparently are able to focus on providing a much better customer experience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
I knew that. And anyone who has eaten at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel knows it too. But at Steakhouse 55 they have airbrushed out all the cigarettes from all the people in the photos, not just Walt, and also airbrushed out the ashtrays too. It's really silly.

Steakhouse 55 - Carey Grant takes Ava Gardner out to dinner after she sprained her fingers.

steakhouse-55-disneyland-hotel-283.jpg

But then I've never been that impressed with the service or polish at Steakhouse 55, so I'm glad the management of that alleged "fine dining" steakhouse has something to focus on instead of proper training and execution. :cool:

For much better service, and slightly better steaks and quality, I go to Capital Grille at South Coast Plaza. I have a habit of eating at a corner booth in the bar beneath a giant oil painting of John Wayne, who has a cigarette in his hand. When you aren't busy airbrushing out cigarettes from historical artwork, you apparently are able to focus on providing a much better customer experience.

God the decor is awful. Cottage cheese ceiling tiles? Really?

TP2000

God the decor is awful. Cottage cheese ceiling tiles? Really?

That was left over from the original 1972 convention complex, when that restaurant was Granville's Steakhouse. They did a modest refurbishment of the restaurant about 10 years ago, tried to make it "Golden Age of Hollywood" themed, but the bones and the early 70's vibe are still there.

I know it's sacrilegious, but I really think the Disneyland Hotel just needs to be imploded and rebuilt from scratch. Once they build the new 4-Star hotel on the DTD lots by 2021, the Disneyland Hotel should either be downgraded to a 3-Star family hotel without all the failed attempts at pretense, or just implode it and rebuild a proper luxury Disneyland Hotel like Tokyo and Paris and Shanghai have.

The Disneyland Hotel rehab of 2009-2011 helped a bit and gave it a nice refresher good for about a decade. But by 2020 it's going to be time to just start over from bare earth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom