Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m just going to say I identify as a California resident...

Seriously though, how are they going to enforce in state restrictions? I live in Las Vegas but my gf lives in San Diego, if she buys the tickets how could they possibly know whether I live with her or not? I’m already there a weekend or two a month, I’m basically a resident.

The vast majority of the people currently visiting Las Vegas are California residents so I’m not sure how restricting us makes any sense anyway. The regulations seem impossible to enforce.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m just going to say I identify as a California resident...

Seriously though, how are they going to enforce in state restrictions? I live in Las Vegas but my gf lives in San Diego, if she buys the tickets how could they possibly know whether I live with her or not? I’m already there a weekend or two a month, I’m basically a resident.

The vast majority of the people currently visiting Las Vegas are California residents so I’m not sure how restricting us makes any sense anyway. The regulations seem impossible to enforce.
More than likely it'll be limiting ticket purchases to California zip codes based on credit card. So for you as long as your gf buys the tickets I'm sure you'll be fine.

Sailor310

Why wouldn't they? Nothing in the updated guidelines states a train can't run. So there shouldn't be any reason that Disneyland wouldn't have their trains running, unless Disney specifically doesn't reopen them.
Just that you'd be breathing the aerosols from everyone up wind of you for twenty minutes.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Do we think they’ll give automatic park reservations with an on-site hotel stay? Seems reasonable. Then again I stayed on-site last February and didn’t get a ROTR reservation so...

I think the issue with guaranteeing ROTR access is the lack of reliability. Some days it hardly ran at all- and if you tie that into a hotel stay you'd have a lot of really ed off guests.

Disneyland will be opening every day reliably (I assume), so it'd be far easier to guarantee park access with hotel reservations.

TP2000

Sacramento is taking steps. Period. Disneyland will soon be open to guests within the next few months, with restrictions. Take it or leave it (complain some more).

Goodnight.

Goodnight? I took a huge nap this afternoon before a big dinner party, then had a chocolate bomb thing at the party that obviously had lotso caffeine in it, so I'm still up. :hungover:

I think we'll be discussing this for quite some time. Especially once Sacramento actually releases information and instructions beyond just a few bullet points on a single page. Buckle up for that day's discussion! :D

What I don’t understand about the out-of-state rule is that CA already has a travel advisory. You need to quarantine for 10 days. Why wouldn’t they link this to their travel advisory.
Good point.

And to be fair to Governor Newsom and his Sacramento bureaucrats, this is the full wording from the PDF they released on Friday...

• In-state visitors only, check for current CDPH Travel Advisory in effect

There's a hyperlink in that text on the PDF that goes to the California Travel Advisory that says anyone arriving in California from another state or country must quarantine themselves for 10 days before they can go out. But just like a growing list of rules and mandates from Sacramento in the last 11 months, that's something that is unenforceable and easily ignored.

Like when Governor Newsom rolled out the first statewide curfew since World War II and told everyone they couldn't go out after 10PM, and then every single Target and In-N-Out and strip club in the state proceeded to remain open long past 10PM. And no one cared.

This entire thing is a complete joke. It's just sad that the big corporate players like Disneyland have to play along with this.

Although, they also should consider updating the advisory like more civilized states to allow those with a vaccine card or negative PCR COVID-19 test to bypass it.

But all of that is so easily forged. There is no state system of vaccine ID or proof.

I took a lady friend who doesn't like to drive on the freeways down to Aliso Viejo for both of her Covid shots at an official state-run Supersite. After her second shot she was given a little 4 inch card that had a nurses initials signed on it with a ballpoint pen. The card had no security code or barcode or QR code on it, it was literally just a little piece of paper folded in half that had some printing and the dates she got her shots on it.

And that's her only record that she received the shots she did. It's a meaningless paper record that anyone with a $30 printer from WalMart could make hundreds of in 10 minutes.

California has no secure way to prove who got what shots and when. I doubt any state does really. Do they?

Oregonians who follow the travel advisory are safe at the San Diego Zoo but dangerous at Sea World?

Exactly.

Oregonians are safe at the Monterey Aquarium or Reagan Library or Yosemite National Park, but once they step foot on Disneyland property they become dirty superspreaders. Never mind that Oregon has a case rate less than half that of California, and a more effective vaccination program (not that hard). Those Oregonians are still dirty!

California = 91,042 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, 1,372 Deaths Per 1 Million, 8.3% Fully Vaccinated
Oregon = 37,202 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, 544 Deaths Per 1 Million, 9.9% Fully Vaccinated

I wonder if the trains will run.

Subways and commuter rail and Amtrak all still run daily in California. I see no reason why the Disneyland Railroad with its outdoor cars can't run.

But then, it's at a theme park, so it may be deadly according to Sacramento. Honestly, who even knows at this point? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I really do think my favorite part is that even down in the Yellow Tier a theme park has to obey this requirement...

"In-state visitors only"

That's a new one, and wasn't part of the Yellow Tier reopening originally. So no tourists are allowed in to California theme parks.

Present your ID to get in!

twrSO9G.gif

I'm ready...and have my I.D. for admission !

Here is the only I.D. one needs to get into Disneyland Park, even if one lives 2,480 miles away -

TBFC Membership ID.jpg

:)

-

mickEblu

I think the issue with guaranteeing ROTR access is the lack of reliability. Some days it hardly ran at all- and if you tie that into a hotel stay you'd have a lot of really ****ed off guests.

Disneyland will be opening every day reliably (I assume), so it'd be far easier to guarantee park access with hotel reservations.

Good point. I’ll be booking a hotel stay then as soon as they become available. Nothing to lose- I’m sure they have like a 48 hour cancellation policy or something.

ToTBellHop

Good point. I’ll be booking a hotel stay then as soon as they become available. Nothing to lose- I’m sure they have like a 48 hour cancellation policy or something.
I can’t imagine these out-of-state restrictions lasting past May. Even “worst case scenarios” with respect to the variants suggest covid spread will be quite low by Memorial Day. And we have not been following the worst case scenarios with respect to the variants.

Get a hotel booked while you can. They will absolutely have a refund policy. Will we be able to buy tickets, however? This will be tricky for Disney to maneuver since they promote planning in advance. I’d guess they only release park reservations for the next 30 days to allow for updated eligibility. Most on-site hotel guests are out-of-state. They can’t open up hotel booking if there is a risk that the out-of-state requirement drops but hotel guests can’t get a park reservation.

If Newsom is up for recall in August or September, he will certainly want things largely back to “normal” by then.

mickEblu

I can’t imagine these out-of-state restrictions lasting past May. Even “worst case scenarios” with respect to the variants suggest covid spread will be quite low by Memorial Day. And we have not been following the worst case scenarios with respect to the variants.

Get a hotel booked while you can. They will absolutely have a refund policy. Will we be able to buy tickets, however? This will be tricky for Disney to maneuver since they promote planning in advance. I’d guess they only release park reservations for the next 30 days to allow for updated eligibility.

Yeah I can see them only offering 30 days in advance knowing that plans will be ever evolving. Not sure if we ll be able to get tickets but there’s really nothing to lose booking a hotel stay with a refund. I just know if tickets and hotel rooms go on sale at the same time, I’m queuing up for the hotel room. The odds are a lot better.

ToTBellHop

Yeah I can see them only offering 30 days in advance knowing that plans will be ever evolving. Not sure if we ll be able to get tickets but there’s really nothing to lose booking a hotel stay with a refund. I just know if tickets and hotel rooms go on sale at the same time, I’m queuing up for the hotel room. The odds are a lot better.
I really can’t imagine them allowing someone to book on-site without a guaranteed park reservation. Luckily, there aren’t that many rooms. They can surely build their hotel bookings into the daily ticket allotment. I presume they’d start with just 2 hotels at first, anyway. WDW still has many resorts closed.

mickEblu

I really can’t imagine them allowing someone to book on-site without a guaranteed park reservation. Luckily, there aren’t that many rooms. They can surely build their hotel bookings into the daily ticket allotment.

Wow so you think you’ ll need the to win the ticket lottery to book a hotel room? Hope you re wrong.

mharrington

Previously, I had expressed my caution about reopening things.

I had just watched a brief video from Dr. Fauci on CBS' "Face the Nation", in which, though he praised the vaccination process, he also expressed concern about the potential for another spike, particularly as the drop in cases has plateaued, as well as a new variant in New York City and beyond, which apparently is spreading rapidly throughout the region and is more elusive to the vaccine than even the South African variant. Additionally, he also expressed concern about the fact that too many people are letting their guard down (encouraged by the likes of some governors, like in Texas, which has fully reopened). It was also expressed that the vaccines were not coming fast enough. Furthermore, Fauci explained that Europe had a head start on America on the decline in cases, and now, not only had they plateaued there, but they also had a 9% increase.

If things don't improve quickly (i.e., increase more vaccinations quickly), we could be very well facing another spike, and all of our reopening efforts will have been in vain, just as they were in the fall, when cases declined only to immediately rebound in December.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
But as the trains are outdoors it's less of a big deal. Studies have shown that the risk of spread significantly decreases outdoors.

If they were going to close or limit things because of aerosols it would be the indoor areas-which they apparently will already be doing.

So will everyone have to de-board at Tomorrowland?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom