Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

mickEblu

No it hasn't been explained yet. It was stated when these changes to the tiers were announced that in the coming week or so they'd be working with the various industries they apply to on what the exact guidelines will be.

To me it likely means that a person cannot stand in a queue indoors longer than 15 minutes. Which likely means virtual queuing for most rides at DLR just because that would be easiest for Disney to control.

That’s what I was thinking/ hoping. So with Pirates for example, they will only let a few people in at a time as they go straight to the boats and load while the outdoor queue snakes all the way to Splash Mountain. Well, POTC isn’t the best example as it has a tiny indoor queue

TP2000

People from Oregon aren’t “foreigners.”

I just call them Oregonians myself.

But Governor Newsom calls them "people from around the world who descend". Newsom's made-up phrasing may impress the bureaucrats in Sacramento, but it's cumbersome and meaningless to normal people who speak English. So the word foreigner is a good one to use to represent the 7.1 Billion other humans on the planet that don't live in California.

Foreigner is not a bad word. It's a perfectly acceptable word used in common English. When I go to British Columbia and am processed through Canadian border control, I am a foreigner. And when I land at Narita and the instructions direct me to the "foreigner" line, I follow those instructions.

Again, who cares that non-Californian residents TEMPORARILY won’t be able to go to Disneyland because of the pandemic, besides you and a few others here? That decision is understandable.

It's a new rule applied to the Yellow Tier. It's a rule that didn't exist last October when The Guidance was first released. And it's also a rule that continues to destroy the decimated tourism industry the Anaheim Resort District businesses are built on.

There is no known end to the Yellow Tier. The Yellow Tier is the last step in the Refreshed Guidance released yesterday. There is no Green Tier. Governor Newsom was very clear about that, in one of his more lucid moments in 2020...

"We don't believe that there is a green light, which says go back to the way things were or back to the pre-pandemic mindset." -Gavin Newsom, August 28th, 2020

TP2000

Time restrictions?? Welp, there goes Pirates

Yeah, my fear too.

I'm sure there's a team in TDA trying to figure it out this weekend, or coax some info out of Sacramento when they come back to work on Monday.

It's a bit odd that Sacramento changed some of these rules, but then released no other information beyond a few five to eight word phrases on a single slide of a PDF. Some more info would be nice, but that single slide is apparently good enough for government work.

mickEblu

Yeah, my fear too.

I'm sure there's a team in TDA trying to figure it out this weekend, or coax some info out of Sacramento when they come back to work on Monday.

It's a bit odd that Sacramento changed some of these rules, but then released no other information beyond a few five to eight word phrases on a single slide of a PDF. Some more info would be nice, but that single slide is apparently good enough for government work.

If all the good indoor rides are closed that’s a deal breaker for me... at full price for the entire family.

Californian Elitist

I just call them Oregonians myself.

But Governor Newsom calls them "people from around the world who descend". Newsom's made-up phrasing may impress the bureaucrats in Sacramento, but it's cumbersome and meaningless to normal people who speak English. So the word foreigner is a good one to use to represent the 7.1 Billion other humans on the planet that don't live in California.

Foreigner is not a bad word. It's a perfectly acceptable word used in common English. When I go to British Columbia and am processed through Canadian border control, I am a foreigner. And when I land at Narita and the instructions direct me to the "foreigner" line, I follow those instructions.

It's a new rule applied to the Yellow Tier. It's a rule that didn't exist last October when The Guidance was first released. And it's also a rule that continues to destroy the decimated tourism industry the Anaheim Resort District businesses are built on.

There is no known end to the Yellow Tier. The Yellow Tier is the last step in the Refreshed Guidance released yesterday. There is no Green Tier. Governor Newsom was very clear about that, in one of his more lucid moments in 2020...

"We don't believe that there is a green light, which says go back to the way things were or back to the pre-pandemic mindset." -Gavin Newsom, August 28th, 2020
Who said “foreigners” was a bad word?

There have been travel restrictions for foreigners for the past year. Were you complaining then or did you decide to start now since Newsom is restricting non-residents, not from visiting the state, but a theme park?

Make yourself a sandwich and enjoy going to the park as a California resident. You have that privilege. Contribute to the economy and be part of that 15%. Put your money where your mouth is.

TP2000

Spaceship Earth is still running which is as long as DL’s POTC

Governor DeSantis is in charge of Spaceship Earth. Or, more accurately, Governor DeSantis decided that theme park operators were in charge of their rides like Spaceship Earth, and he would allow them to operate safely and effectively for paying locals and foreigners alike.

Governor Newsom is in charge of Pirates of the Caribbean. Governor Newsom will tell TDA how to operate that ride, and for whom.

TP2000

Make yourself a sandwich and enjoy going to the park as a California resident. You have that privilege. Contribute to the economy and be part of that 15%. Put your money where your mouth is.

I don't smuggle food into theme parks. Not because I'm not cheap, just because it's such a hassle and it's always sticky and gross. 🤣

I plan on heading to Disneyland once they reopen. What Disneyland fan worth his cancelled AP wouldn't want to go, just out of morbid curiosity at the least? I will buy a meal or two there at an outdoor restaurant when I do go.

The issue and the frustration in this thread is that Sacramento is once again applying arbitrary rules and regulations to an industry they know very little about. And doing almost the exact opposite of the other state with a Disney theme park in it.

And people wonder why the Recall petition is headed over 2 Million signatures this weekend??? :oops:

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s what I was thinking/ hoping. So with Pirates for example, they will only let a few people in at a time as they go straight to the boats and load while the outdoor queue snakes all the way to Splash Mountain. Well, POTC isn’t the best example as it has a tiny indoor queue
That is if there is an outdoor queue at all.

The issue is that everyone complaining is envisioning this as if it were normal times with crowds from 2016. That isn't going to be the case. The lower capacity makes queuing a smaller more limited and manageable thing. And if they do virtual queuing they will be nonexistent.

So yeah I fully expect that with Pirates and any large capacity attraction they will let a few guests groups in at a time to go right to the ride vehicle.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

That is if there is an outdoor queue at all.

The issue is that everyone complaining is envisioning this as if it were normal times with crowds from 2016. That isn't going to be the case. The lower capacity makes queuing a smaller more limited and manageable thing. And if they do virtual queuing they will be nonexistent.

So yeah I fully expect that with Pirates and any large capacity attraction they will let a few guests groups in at a time to go right to the ride vehicle.
Just like you fully expected Wandavision to tie directly into Doctor Strange 2 or introduce a "big bad" at the end? you should stop expecting things.

TP2000

If all the good indoor rides are closed that’s a deal breaker for me... at full price for the entire family.

Yeah, my point exactly.

Even if just a few of the classic E Tickets that have indoor run times longer than 10 minutes like Pirates, Mansion, Small World, etc. are closed, can you really say that Disneyland reopened?

I just can't wait to see what Sacramento means by "Indoor Restrictions". This oughta be good! :rolleyes:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just like you fully expected Wandavision to tie directly into Doctor Strange 2 or introduce a "big bad" at the end? you should stop expecting things.
We're not talking about a tv show here. And if you still don't understand how it ties into Dr Strange 2 then I can't help you, but it does.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I do know but I am pointing out how it directly relates to it as you predicted
And we're on a theme park forum all discussing our thoughts and predictions on things to come whether that be a new attraction or on guidelines released by a state government. So just like you I'm entitled to provide my own thoughts and predictions on things as I see them.

Californian Elitist

I don't smuggle food into theme parks. Not because I'm not cheap, just because it's such a hassle and it's always sticky and gross. 🤣

I plan on heading to Disneyland once they reopen. What Disneyland fan worth his cancelled AP wouldn't want to go, just out of morbid curiosity at the least? I will buy a meal or two there at an outdoor restaurant when I do go.

The issue and the frustration in this thread is that Sacramento is once again applying arbitrary rules and regulations to an industry they know very little about. And doing almost the exact opposite of the other state with a Disney theme park in it.

And people wonder why the Recall petition is headed over 2 Million signatures this weekend??? :oops:
That’s not smuggling, it’s perfectly normal to bring food into the parks.😒

Sacramento is taking steps. Period. Disneyland will soon be open to guests within the next few months, with restrictions. Take it or leave it (complain some more).

Goodnight.

ToTBellHop

What I don’t understand about the out-of-state rule is that CA already has a travel advisory. You need to quarantine for 10 days. Why wouldn’t they link this to their travel advisory. Although, they also should consider updating the advisory like more civilized states to allow those with a vaccine card or negative PCR COVID-19 test to bypass it. At some point very soon, we need to start giving carrots to those who vaccinate. Within 6 weeks, we will transition from heavy demand for vaccine to public health experts having to beg people to get vaccinated. Perhaps they’ll show up if there are benefits beyond immunity, which many do not care about or understand.

Instead, they largely have a travel advisory they can’t really enforce and hotels won’t play along. This actually leaves the Golden State in a more dangerous position. Have reasonable, enforceable travel policies that are rooted in actual science.

Oregonians who follow the travel advisory are safe at the San Diego Zoo but dangerous at Sea World?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom