Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

About the news..about time. Hopefully they can open safely. my guess still gonna take them about a month or more to Actually open. some of those Disney Touching Me tickets are gonna need to be refunded for the evenT will surely be cancelled by next month to get both parks ready to re-reopen as soon as possible

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

15% capacity... Is that even viable?
1615003438661.png

SuddenStorm

GREAT NEWS!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Once again, the Disneyland Gods are speaking to me to let me know that I am the Glue that holds Disneyland together.

I didn’t renew my pass and they shut down a week later for a year. A week ago I said I was done spending time on this site until we had some positive news and here we are. Coincidence? I think not.

You're lucky you're a CA resident. I wonder if I can use a family member's address to buy tickets.

I never updated my Disney profile address to my out of state one, so it still says I'm California on the app. I wonder if they're gonna verify ID.

BayouShack

Don’t forget the park with higher capacity across the way from DCA. Compare 25% capacity at DCA with food only to 15% at DL + DCA with attractions. The latter is starting to sound better.

Adding to that... we know Disney has already sold several weeks worth of DCA food tickets. A decision they could make would be to let that run out, and concurrently open up DL as a theme park.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
You're lucky you're a CA resident. I wonder if I can use a family member's address to buy tickets.

I never updated my Disney profile address to my out of state one, so it still says I'm California on the app. I wonder if they're gonna verify ID.
My guess, they will use the credit card zip code as address verification when buying tickets.

George Lucas on a Bench

GREAT NEWS!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Once again, the Disneyland Gods are speaking to me to let me know that I am the Glue that holds Disneyland together.

I didn’t renew my pass and they shut down a week later for a year. A week ago I said I was done spending time on this site until we had some positive news and here we are. Coincidence? I think not.

You're surely one of the few who are pleased with this news here, but you're also one of the few I don't have on ignore yet. I assume this is a devastating announcement for many here.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
>>Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm can reopen at limited capacity next month if Orange County’s moves to the Red Tier on the state’s reopening guidelines, following an abrupt announcement by state officials.

In a hastily scheduled news conference Friday afternoon, Secretary of the state’s Health and Human Service Agency, Dr. Mark Ghaly, said counties in the Red Tier would be allowed to reopen theme parks at 15% capacity and sports parks at 20% capacity on April 1.

That means Angel Stadium could also reopen.

“This includes all theme parks across california and indeed your county has to be in the red tier to begin operations at 15% at amusement parks,” Ghaly said. “Then as they proceed into orange and yellow those requirements shift some including the capacity.”

Theme parks will only be open for California residents and won’t be allowed to offer indoor dining. Indoor rides will also have limits based on space and ride length, officials said.

Theme parks have been closed for nearly a year and Anaheim’s Disneyland resort area has been mostly quiet as the city faces a $114 million deficit.

That Red Tier can be reached sooner after another series of abrupt changes Thursday to the reopening metrics.

In order to move to the Red Tier, counties need to have less than seven new cases per 100,000 residents.

Orange County sits on the cusp, at 7.6 new cases per 100,000 residents.

But that metric is expected to be loosened to 10 cases per 100,000 people after counties across the Golden State vaccinate more people in the most impacted communities.

OC health officer Dr. Clayton Chau expects the county will hit the Red Tier in a couple weeks.

“I am hopefully confident and confidently hopeful that we will officially be in the Red Tier on Wednesday 3/17,” Chau said in a Friday text message following the theme park announcement.

Dee Dee Myers, an aide to Gov. Gavin Newsom, didn’t provide any specific ways parks would stop out of state residents from moving around the system.

“It is our hope that people will respect the guidelines and it’s our expectation that the parks will work to really encourage people from California to come and others not to come,” Myers said. “Just by reducing mixing and by reducing geography of where people are coming from we think there’s’ a reduction in overall risk.”

Friday’s abrupt changes to theme park guidance follows a series of sudden updates — from reopening metrics to school reopenings — as Newsom is likely to face a recall election. <<

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
My bank is still a ca address so I should be good!

Did you read the Voice of OC article I just posted....

>>Dee Dee Myers, an aide to Gov. Gavin Newsom, didn’t provide any specific ways parks would stop out of state residents from moving around the system.

“It is our hope that people will respect the guidelines and it’s our expectation that the parks will work to really encourage people from California to come and others not to come,” Myers said. “Just by reducing mixing and by reducing geography of where people are coming from we think there’s’ a reduction in overall risk.”

Friday’s abrupt changes to theme park guidance follows a series of sudden updates — from reopening metrics to school reopenings — as Newsom is likely to face a recall election. <<

Disney Analyst

My thoughts on limited indoors for attractions:

I suspect max time allowed to be in an indoor queue would be 15 minutes. So the solution would be stage outdoor queues where possible, and if not space make that attraction a virtual queue.

At 15% capacity I see many attractions having relatively short waits, and likely a few with long ones that require outdoor space or virtual queues.

CaptinEO

My thoughts on limited indoors for attractions:

I suspect max time allowed to be in an indoor queue would be 15 minutes. So the solution would be stage outdoor queues where possible, and if not space make that attraction a virtual queue.

At 15% capacity I see many attractions having relatively short waits, and likely a few with long ones that require outdoor space or virtual queues.
Easier solution, remove the ceiling from rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom