Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

TP2000

And when did Captain Kidd's allow indoor dining? Is OC allowed indoor dining? I thought everything was still outdoors.

Indoor Dining returns to any county once they reach the Red Tier, which OC should do next week.

But in the Refreshed Four Tiers, for amusement parks "No Indoor Dining" is allowed in the Red Tier.

You have to exit the park and walk across Harbor Blvd. to be able to eat indoors when Disneyland reopens in the Red Tier.

TP2000

I read it, boo.

Again, the process has started. Steps are being taken. I don't care about Florida.

You've gone on and on for months, but still aren't happy. DCA opens up for a special event, but you won't go and spend the money, even though the health of the economy has been an issue. Theme parks can start reopening, with rules and regulations to go by, and that's not enough. It'll never be enough until capacity is at 100% or you go to Florida or Texas.

It won't be enough until politicians who have never worked at or even been to a theme park before stop telling theme parks how and when they can operate.

This is all such a joke. We are the laughingstock of the country. Disneyland is still closed. No foreigners allowed.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Indoor capacity max 15% with time restrictions so some Indoor rides will be open. Quite honestly, it's not perfect but it's a step in the right direction regardless of the restrictions. My gut tells me these get modified fairly quickly as vaccine rollout moves forward.

And when did Captain Kidd's allow indoor dining? Is OC allowed indoor dining? I thought everything was still outdoors.

When Orange County reaches the Red Tier, then Indoor Dining is allowed in the County. Maximum 50% of capacity, and no more than 200 diners (aka capacity higher than 400).

But if your inside the Theme Park, no indoor dining.

So you can dine indoors at DtD, but not at the Blue Bayou or Cathray Circle.....

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
You're right. Indoor attractions are "25% Capacity with time restrictions."

I wonder what the time restrictions mean? Pirates is a 16 minute long indoor ride. Star Wars Rise Before Dawn you are inside that building for a long time. I need to go comb through the fine print to find out what "Time Restrictions" means for indoor rides.

15%

Californian Elitist

I mean saying that you don't care about how other states have handled the pandemic, especially in a way that has been so different and extremely successful compared to the state that you are from where the handling has been terrible in every metric seems very closed-minded.
Cool.

Are you going to make plans to visit the parks after nearly a year or will you continue to let let Newsom live rent-free in your head?

Stevek

When Orange County reaches the Red Tier, then Indoor Dining is allowed in the County. Maximum 50% of capacity, and no more than 200 diners (aka capacity higher than 400).

But if your inside the Theme Park, no indoor dining.

So you can dine indoors at DtD, but not at the Blue Bayou or Cathray Circle.....
Yeah, odd but I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'd plan on maximizing my time on attractions and there are plenty of great outdoor options.

TP2000

I mean saying that you don't care about how other states have handled the pandemic, especially in a way that has been so different and extremely successful compared to the state that you are from where the handling has been terrible in every metric seems very closed-minded.

I agree. Although the word that comes to my mind instead of "close minded" is "provincial". Many people in SoCal can be very provincial.

This is a situation where one company operates nearly identical theme park operations in two different states. One state is hands-off and allows the property to operate, while the other state is very controlling and won't allow the property to operate.

How you don't easily compare/contrast those two realities is beyond me. And I've been making fun of Florida for decades online! But on this one, they are kicking our behinds and laughing at us. And I don't blame them.

TP2000

I've got to get to the florist before they close, but I can't wait to dig into the nitty-gritty and the details on this Refresh later! 🧐

I assume it will be easy to find the actual rule book from Sacramento on this? So far, I've only seen the PDF that Darkbeer posted for us, and that's very vague and opens up more questions than it answers.

180º

So I guess Snow White’s Enchanted Wish, and Spider-Man won’t be opening anytime soon.
Snow White I expect to open with the park, as it’s a glorified refurb.

Avengers Campus I could definitely see getting the Ratatouille treatment: Delay until it can open to more fanfare and bigger crowds. We’ll see!

Stevek

Why not?

I presume that some sort of FastPass will be the only way to ride to control the 15% and whatever the time constraints are.
Yeah, the FL dark rides would seem like prime candidates to be open. I could also imagine Space Mountain and possibly Indy staying open while longer attractions like Pirates, Mansion and IASW remained closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom