Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Not at all. I'm still disappointed that stubbornness and inaction resulted in having to wait until the vaccine was distributed though. Pretty sure somewhere on this board I stated I was absolutely against the idea of having to wait this long but here we are..

I also know that realistically it will still be months before any of us go to the parks.

I went to SeaWorld a couple of weeks ago, saw all the shows and outdoor exhibits, dined and shopped.

I think Knott's will be fully open next month(April).

TP2000

Ok, so I, a Washington state resident, on April 1st, can legally visit DTD but NOT either theme park? I am livid. Not even in the yellow tier? Dear idiotic hopefully recalled Governor Newsom: I've spent more money than I would like to admit visiting your state...

Bingo.

Only Californians need apply. Governor Newsom just can't trust you. And whatever happened to that Western States Pact that the three West Coast Governors rolled out together last spring? That got thrown into the trash faster than you can say "Refreshed Four Tiers".

California = 90,855 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, 1,359 Deaths Per 1 Million
Washington = 45,783 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, 670 Deaths Per 1 Million
Oregon = 37,196 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, 544 Deaths Per 1 Million

TP2000

Remember when the media was claiming Florida was supposed to have their hospitals over-run and people dying in the streets when they opened for business last July...but instead it was California that got overrun? Pepperidge farm remembers

I remember that too. I also appreciate your posts because they always send me to the kitchen for some Mint Milanos. :)

TP2000

Now that we are closer to reopening, can the ban on politics be re-enforced?

I don't know how or why. The theme park industry is being managed and controlled by politicians who have never operated a theme park in their life. How the heck can you make that reality non-political?

When Governor Newsom stops telling Disneyland when and how to operate, we can stop talking about him. I'd be thrilled to get to that point, quite honestly.

Stevek

Bingo.

Only Californians need apply. Governor Newsom just can't trust you. And whatever happened to that Western States Pact that the three West Coast Governors rolled out together last spring? That got thrown into the trash faster than you can say "Refreshed Four Tiers".

California = 90,855 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, 1,359 Deaths Per 1 Million
Washington = 45,783 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, 670 Deaths Per 1 Million
Oregon = 37,196 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, 544 Deaths Per 1 Million

Is limiting it to CA residents really problematic? While it might not have great optics, a 15% attendance cap will easily be reached by locals just from So. Cal.

TP2000

The process has begun to start reopening and some of ya'll who've been whining are STILL whining.

CHILE, I....

Did you not read the rules Disneyland has to follow to reopen? 15% Capacity. No indoor attractions/queues. No foreigners allowed. Captain Kidd's Buffet can have indoor dining, but The Blue Bayou can not. Etc., etc.

It's all a joke. Some of these rules are brand new or even more restrictive than the old rules. Meanwhile, in Florida, they've been happily reopened for the past eight months.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Y’all by the time Disneyland is staffed up to open we will be in a totally different phase of this, where 50+% (maybe more?) of the adult population is at least partially vaccinated, and we’re finally suffocating this damn virus. And the California Only rule and these capacity limits will fall away rather quickly. I imagine. I would be shocked if I can’t visit from the other coast in July.

milordsloth

Did you not read the rules Disneyland has to follow to reopen? 15% Capacity. No indoor attractions/queues. No foreigners allowed. Captain Kidd's Buffet can have indoor dining, but The Blue Bayou can not. Etc., etc.

It's all a joke. Some of these rules are brand new or even more restrictive than the old rules. Meanwhile, in Florida, they've been happily reopened for the past eight months.

Indoor attractions and queues are fine, just not indoor dining. Agree with the rest of the comment!

TP2000

I wonder what this new rule for theme parks means? Who enforces it? Ticket takers? Security officers? Busboys?

Red Tier = "Small Groups - Max 10 people or 3 household groups with no intergroup mixing."

Californian Elitist

I read it, boo.

Again, the process has started. Steps are being taken. I don't care about Florida.

You've gone on and on for months, but still aren't happy. DCA opens up for a special event, but you won't go and spend the money, even though the health of the economy has been an issue. Theme parks can start reopening, with rules and regulations to go by, and that's not enough. It'll never be enough until capacity is at 100% or you go to Florida or Texas.

Stevek

Indoor capacity max 15% with time restrictions so some Indoor rides will be open. Quite honestly, it's not perfect but it's a step in the right direction regardless of the restrictions. My gut tells me these get modified fairly quickly as vaccine rollout moves forward.

And when did Captain Kidd's allow indoor dining? Is OC allowed indoor dining? I thought everything was still outdoors.

TP2000

Indoor attractions and queues are fine, just not indoor dining. Agree with the rest of the comment!

You're right. Indoor attractions are "25% Capacity with time restrictions."

I wonder what the time restrictions mean? Pirates is a 16 minute long indoor ride. Star Wars Rise Before Dawn you are inside that building for a long time. I need to go comb through the fine print to find out what "Time Restrictions" means for indoor rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom