Disneyland Unique Offer Codes, PINS, etc for DLR Hotels

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Am used to WDW offers, but wondering if any of you DLR vets have experience getting room discount offers via unique offer codes, pins, etc via mail, email, etc.
I see one cannot modify an existing reservation as they can at WDW, so do DLR peeps make additional reservations then cancel or what? Any information most welcome, trying to plan and figure out what to look expect and look for. The other day I got a survey for the DLR app from Disney, and I did sign up for information on the site. Not sure any other way I can possibly generate them offering me something....any insights most welcome! THANKS! :happy:

Darkbeer1

The situation at Florida, is a lot different than in Anaheim. The vast majority of Hotel Rooms when visiting Disneyland is non-Disney owned ones.

We talk about a Disney Tax just because the Hotel has "Disney" in its names.

The amount of perks are a lot less than at WDW.

Since the DLR inventory is very limited, and always has a very high booking percentage, Disney doesn't need to discount their rooms.

Seems large Travel companies that use The Walt Disney Travel Company, such as COSTCO, AAA, and Get Away Today tend to get the best discounts, but those aren't that much better.

And to be honest, getting a non-Disney owned Hotel that is newer, comes with a free breakfast, have kitchen facilities in your room, and be within walking distance of the 2 parks is easy, and you can find plenty of deals on those rooms.

At the corner of Harbor and Katella, you have 3 new ones, the Hyatt House, Springhill Suites and Residence Inn.

Darkbeer1

OK, the worse of the three, the Paradise Pier Hotel, charges more on average than the 4 Star Hotels nearby, and their occupancy rate is usually in the mid 90% range. They have no need to discount usually.

Doesn't hurt to look, but don't be surprised if you don't find anything.

The non-Disney Hotels on the other hand do compete with each other, and it is easy to find a great deal most of the Time. Big events at the Convention Center does raise rates in the Resort Area, especially the higher end Hotels. So if you are lucky enough to avoid them, you can get amazing deals.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks for that explanation.....learning curve to be acquired....I did find a link to unique offer codes for DLR so they must exist but be a very rare commodity....;). Still find it odd one cannot modify existing Disney Hotel reservations on MDE....for DLR....but like you say demand/ supply lessens the feasibility of a better offer.:cool:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/pin-enter/

wowsmom

I have gotten unique discount codes for DLR hotels before. It's been a while since I got one, but I also haven't stayed on property since December. They seem to come more often when I've stayed more.🤷‍♀️

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I have gotten unique discount codes for DLR hotels before. It's been a while since I got one, but I also haven't stayed on property since December. They seem to come more often when I've stayed more.🤷‍♀️
Yeah I just went to WDW a few months ago and got one for WDW just the other week....but am feeling the need to explore the original park I have never played in before. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom