Disneyland trip report 12/13/02

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Okay so .. I did went to Disneyland yesterday!! (well and DCA lol) it was a blast and I know lots of you here haven't been to Disneyland so I thought I'd give you guys a full report. The only thing is I didn't get pictures.. I was an idiot and left my camera at home after thanksgiving. One of my friends is sending me the pics he has though when he gets them done (and he's a photographer) so when I get them I'll post some.. maybe). And here we go.

Group: Sarah and Annie (roommates), Chris (friend of Annie's), John (one of my CP's as of Jan) and Me. (also we met up with Ray and some of his friends but that doesn't really count cause it was for like 15 minutes lol)

Annie, Sarah, Chris and I left my apartment around 7:45ish. Well the parks opened at 9 and we wanted to be there when it opened but despite every effort we didn't make it. LOL So after running to the banks and then going to Company D by casting for me to do a little shopping we got to the parks. We parked at Donald around 9:30ish (Minnie was already full even though we thought it would be cool to park there cause of my nickname as minnie cause of my laugh.. I swear.. my roommates find me amusing.. I dont' know if that is good or bad... but hey I like being Minnie ... or Belle... call me either lol). Took in a quick breakfast at LaBrea Bakery at DTD then it was off to Disneyland.

At Disneyland we first headed to Indy to get a fast pass then went over to Haunted Mansion Holiday. The wait was really short. Okay first thing I have to say about this is it was AMAZING!! I didn't get to see it last year and now it is so going to be a holiday tradition for me. I loved what was done, and the Imagineers went WAY out of their way with what they did with the mansion. It was a complete different. I love the mansion anyways but this was AMAZING. And yes Mitch I saw your name on Santa's list... hehe It says you have been good lol.

After that Sarah wanted to ride Splash so we went to ride it. Nice ride.. and I actually LIKE the way they redid the logs. I didn't get wet (yay) and the wait was so short lol. The ride IS alot shorter then the one at WDW though which kinda stinks. Okay so after that we went back to Indy but the ride was down. So we decided to go on Jungle Cruise. I don't care what anyone says I love the corny jokes on this ride. It rocks, I'd so love to work it if I ever work in the parks again. It was about time for lunch so I called my friend we were waiting for (John) but he wasn't anywhere near the park yet so we moved on to more rides!! hehe.

We went over to the Tiki Room which I adore. It was sooooo nice (yes I like the TR:UNM at WDW but the original is just that.. the original). It was a great show like always hehe.

Then we rode Indy (finally!!) I LOVE that ride, I really really do. It will always be one of my favorites cause... it is amazingly themed. I always have to ride this ride when I go to Disneyland with friends.

Next met up with John and ate at the French Market Restrauant (at least I think that is what it was LOL). I was craving the clam chowder in a breadbowl and it was defiantely worth it lol. I had showed my roommates the entrance to Club 33 earlier (since of course they had heard of it) but we didn't get reservations for the Blue Bayou cause we didn't want to wait till 3 to have lunch, maybe next time!

After lunch Sarah wanted to ride Thunder Mountain (which she kept calling Rocky Mountain .. but that's okay) so we did that after getting a fast pass for HMH cause John wanted to ride that again (he used to work at the Mansion). TM was of course classic like always.

After that we head headed over to Fantasyland to ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. On our way we grabed a fast pass for Small World Holiday (since we REALLY did NOT want to wait). I have to say I really really love Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It is an awesome ride and I missed it when I was in Florida. It's just one of those classics.

We had time before our small world time so we went over to Space (which didn't have that long a wait yet) and rode that. Then we went and rode Star Tours quickly. Of course those are both classics. I like SM much better here than in FL cause it's faster hehe. Much better! Star Tours has this awesome Attack of the Clones globe I wish I could have gotten for my brother but it was MAJORLY expensive.

Okay so next we kinda got distracted on our way back to HMH but finally made it back through Adventureland where I got a Dole Whip (mmmm so good, I love those thigns) and got to ride HMH again. I wish I could have rode it 10 more times.. I really really enjoy it and wish photography on the ride was allowed.

Next we finally got over to IASW Holiday. Very very nice... even if the dolls are evil and want to hurt me. John has both night and day shots of the building's amazing new paint job and I'll post them later.

Next we had to run over to DCA in 30 minutes for Alladin. So Annie, John and I left Chris and Sarah at DL and practically ran out of the park and into DCA. Luckily the entrance line over there wasn't bad so we didn't have trouble getting to Hyperion before the show. We sat in the Mezzanine (which I recommend if you want to see the flying carpet). Okay this show was AMAZING. DEFINATELY worth the trouble we went to to get over there. The singing was great, the new song that was added was lovely and the cast was amazing. I hope that DL decides to make a CD of this show because I would love to get a copy. Of course there is no Abu and no Rajah but that doesn't distract from the story. Especially great were the Genie and Iago... They had great comedic timing and excellent stage prescence. I'm sure everyone has heard that they should see this show but I will reinforce that. It's even worth the entire admission into DCA ;).

We then called Sarah on the cell and got her to meet up with us. We had planned on riding Soarin' but the line was too long so we rode Screamin' which wasn't. Sarah and Annie were freaked cause John and I forgot to warn them about the shoot off ;). But they liked it and I could actually keep my eyes open for most of the ride this time! amazing huh? ;).

Next it was time to meet up with Chris and DCA was closing so we hurried out of the park (after stopping so John could see what is FFF looked like.. very cute btw lol).

It was time for dinner (definately time for dinner lol) cause it was after 8 so we wanted to eat at the Barbeque place but of course IT was closed and the mexican place in Frontierland so we ended up at Stage Door Cafe *makes a face*. Not TOO Bad but.. ehhhh not too great either. After a long day this was our relax time. We met up with Ray and his friends and sat and talked for a little bit before we needed to run off to find a place where it snowed to watch the fireworks (John wanted good pictures and Sarah and Annie wanted to see the snow lol.. I could have cared less :p).

We watched the fireworks in Fantasyland and they were very great.. I LOVED Believe in Holiday Magic. Now to find the music ;).

After that we walked out through the castle... took a few pictures in front (I hope they turned out okay) and John and I went to go to World of Disney while the girls and Chris rode Splash one last time (Sarah is obsessed with that ride and I had NO desire to get any tiny bit wet in the chilly night air).

I wish I had a job so I could have actually SHOPPED at WoD cause they have tons of things that I wanted but I'll satisfy myself with my Company D princess shirt LOL. After we met the group of them at the C we sat until 11 cause we REALLY didn't want to move cause our legs hurt. Then we left the park :( :(.

Thankfully since we waited for an hour the parking lot was way empty and we didn't have much trouble at all getting out ... traffic home was great too *yay*.

Okay so that's my trip report. I just wish the Matterhorn wasn't down (down for a full year :() and that the castle was open (the Sleeping Beauty Diarama which is sooo awesome) and the carousel wasn't still down (they are totally redoing it and I can't wait till it's back up :)).

I also wish that LaArriba LaArriba wasn't taken out of DTD or we could have gone dancing after the day at the parks (which would have been a blast since I haven't been dancing in forever lol... like since I was in FL cause my ex doesn't dance... lol).

Okay ... well I hope to have some pictures for you guys sooner or later but for now enjoy the report (if anyone cares ;)).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom