Disneyland Trip Planning

brresler

Original Poster
Hey,
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum... Being a longtime WDW visitor, it's about time I made the voyage west to check out Disneyland. The problem is, I'm a student and only have limited vacation time. Between 12/18 and 1/3 (I have to be back on 1/4 but can use most of the third and take a red-eye back or something). I understand the beginning of December and the beginning of January are the best dates for crowds (given the constraints - obviously I'd love to visit in late September or October, but it's just not possible unfortunately). I know New Year's is the busiest, but what about the 2nd and 3rd? I'm assuming the Christmas crowds will be out full force by the time the 18th rolls around? Thoughts? Thanks!
Brian

brresler

Original Poster
Also, is it at all worth it to go to either Disneyland or even DCA on New Years Eve? Don't get me wrong, I know the crowds will be astronomical (I've been to WDW in late December). But do they put on a good show, etc? I'm contemplating doing 12/31 1/2, and 1/3. Yes/no? I'm definitely open to suggestions. Thanks again!

nemofinder22

Well NYE going into 08 the Santa Ana winds kicked in all day canceling all the fireworks, and going into 09 major amounts of fog rolled in blocking the fireworks but over all DL seems the place to be for NYE its a huge party. (look at those lights go!:ROFLOL:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUHuvEvgyN4&feature=related

I dont think crowds get that bad till Christmas day to NYE its still crowded but its manageable, course with Christmas ending on Jan 3 this year it might be a bit different.

Oh New Years day is great! low crowds especially in the morning

brresler

Original Poster
Thanks! So do you think it's worth going on any of the dates 1/1, 1/2, 1/3? Or do you think going during the week leading up to Christmas is a better idea? When will the crowds be the smallest?

Carebee21

Why not take a red eye out on 12/18 and go those few days and be home for Christmas?

I agree with nemofinder that I don't think the crowds are going to be that bad until Christmas Eve- New Years day. It will still be busy because kids are out of school, but I just don't think it will be that packed. The week before Christmas most people are still going to be shopping and busy doing Christmas cookies and parties, etc. Also, if Christmas was on a Weds or a Thursday a lot of offices close for the whole week instead of opening Monday, closing say Tues & Wed for Christmas Eve & Christmas and then reopening for Thurs & Fri. But this year since Christmas is on a Friday, I think most places will just give their employees Thursday & Friday, so you won't see a lot of the crowds until then. KWIM?

But it's hard to predict crowd levels in Disneyland because a lot of their crowd is locals. So this is just my assumption and what I'm hoping for because we have a trip planned there on 12/20-12/23 :)

Lucille

I went to Disneyland once on NYE. I lived in Orange at the time so it wasn't a huge deal. We only stayed for a little while. It was too crowded to even move. And they handed out loud noise makers. Teenagers were blowing them over and over in line. So obnoxious. We live half way across the country now and we will NEVER go around NYE again.

If I had to go in between the dates you'd listed. I'd go December 18th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom