Disneyland Tram Accident...

Kobe!!

Original Poster
Saw on the 10:00 news here in Chicago there was a accident of some sort at Disneyland involving one of the trams...

Anyone have any details...

Cosmic Commando

On Micechat, somebody said that a child fell from the tram and had their foot run over. I'm not sure how that happens, but there you go...

Interestingly enough, a poster there said it was on the Boise news, but it's not on the LA news sites. :confused:

disneydaily

we were on the same tram, 2 pods back. we had just left the terminal at the entrance of disney & had gone maybe 750 feet when a commotion started & people were yelling stop the tram. more yelling & the tram stopped. from our side we saw what we assumed to be the father jump out & cross over to the other side. we learned from an attendant that a young boy had fallen off the tram. i do not have more details of his fall but the attendant said he would be okay. we sat on the tram for about 10 minutes before they evacuated us. we walked past the incident but there were disney personnel surrounding (interestingly enough in three white unmarked cars as well as 3 bicycle police). they shut down the tram service so we walked back to parking. as we got closer to the parking garage we saw the ambulance headed to the site. i ahve searched to no avail to find out the condition of the boy.

Californian Elitist

we were on the same tram, 2 pods back. we had just left the terminal at the entrance of disney & had gone maybe 750 feet when a commotion started & people were yelling stop the tram. more yelling & the tram stopped. from our side we saw what we assumed to be the father jump out & cross over to the other side. we learned from an attendant that a young boy had fallen off the tram. i do not have more details of his fall but the attendant said he would be okay. we sat on the tram for about 10 minutes before they evacuated us. we walked past the incident but there were disney personnel surrounding (interestingly enough in three white unmarked cars as well as 3 bicycle police). they shut down the tram service so we walked back to parking. as we got closer to the parking garage we saw the ambulance headed to the site. i ahve searched to no avail to find out the condition of the boy.

Thank you for this information.

I'm trying to figure out how the boy could have fallen out, and the only thing that comes to mind is he, most likely, was playing around on the tram.

Mad Stitch

Do the trams at DL have doors like the ones at WDW?

I'm trying to figure out how the boy could have fallen out, and the only thing that comes to mind is he, most likely, was playing around on the tram.

That is probably what happened. I worked on the Studios trams when I was in the College Program. Operating policy was to never pull away until everyone was seated. But once we were under way kids would hop up and play all the time. If that is what happened here the spieler probably didn't see the child playing and didn't bring the tram to a stop.

Last edited:

disneydaily

Thank you for this information.

i wondered the same thing. the trams have doors. after the tram stopped & we heard of the accident, i looked at the doors & thought how could someone possibly fall out. they ask for parents of young children to sit closest to the door & on the way in to disneyland, i saw an attendant ask a parent to get up & move closer to the door so i would think this is extremely enforced.

oddly one thing i do remember, is that the attendant in the rear had just said over the intercom to the driver that we had cleared the turn right before the commotion started & yelling to stop the train.

Mad Stitch

oddly one thing i do remember, is that the attendant in the rear had just said over the intercom to the driver that we had cleared the turn right before the commotion started & yelling to stop the train.

That's normal. The "cleared the turn" to the driver is because of the whip effect long multi-hinged vehicles like a tram experience when going through a turn. In order to minimize the whip we were told to take turns at half speed. The spieler was letting the driver know the back end was out of the turn and he could resume full speed.

ducke

I know a Disney employee that was on the tram and I asked him after seeing a BRIEF news clip on it...He IMMEDIATELY asked where did you hear of the accident I told him on the news and he said the kid jumped off tram but woud be ok. But nothing was on the news after that...HMMM Disney is keeping this one tight lipped.....Wonder what the REAL story is.....????

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It was at Anaheim Disneyland, and it DID happen, I talked to an attendant that was on the tram and texted him about it and he was shocked that I had heard the news....What is Disney hiding????
Um...nothing. Why should Disney wish to talk about this at all? It was an unfortunate accident which, most likely, was caused by parents not obeying the safety rules.

What else is there for Disney to say outside of "the child will be ok"?

Californian Elitist

Um...nothing. Why should Disney wish to talk about this at all? It was an unfortunate accident which, most likely, was caused by parents not obeying the safety rules.

What else is there for Disney to say outside of "the child will be ok"?

Exactly. It's not a big deal, or maybe I just couldn't care less. It's probably both.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It was at Anaheim Disneyland, and it DID happen, I talked to an attendant that was on the tram and texted him about it and he was shocked that I had heard the news....What is Disney hiding????
Say you own a business and someone gets hurt on your property. You going to announce it to every customer that comes into your store the rest of the day?

lazyboy97o

Say you own a business and someone gets hurt on your property. You going to announce it to every customer that comes into your store the rest of the day?
Today on the DisneyParks Blog we are saddened to share some information with you regarding an incident you may have heard about at the Disneyland® Resort in California. In the excitement of bringing a magical day at Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park to a close, a young guest improperly exited the courtesy tram to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure. The tram was immediately stopped when Cast Members learned of the situation and response personnel arrived quickly. During this time tram service was suspended and guests were asked to take the walkway to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure or enjoy some time visiting the Downtown Disney® District. We would like to wish a speedy recovery to our excited guest and hope he returns soon to the Disneyland® Resort.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Today on the DisneyParks Blog we are saddened to share some information with you regarding an incident you may have heard about at the Disneyland® Resort in California. In the excitement of bringing a magical day at Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park to a close, a young guest improperly exited the courtesy tram to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure. The tram was immediately stopped when Cast Members learned of the situation and response personnel arrived quickly. During this time tram service was suspended and guests were asked to take the walkway to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure or enjoy some time visiting the Downtown Disney® District. We would like to wish a speedy recovery to our excited guest and hope he returns soon to the Disneyland® Resort.
So Disney isn't trying to hide anything.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom