Rumor Disneyland Tomorrowland Future - What to do?

We all know that Disney will have to do something with Tomorrowland soon, what do you want to see?

• Demo it and start over with a new theme.

• Demo it and start over with same theme.

• Demo everything but Space Mountain and keep same theme.

• Demo everything but Space Mountain but retheme the land.

• Remove only certain attractions but keep the same theme.

• Remove only certain attractions but retheme the land.

• Go retro and bring back '67 Tomorrowland.

• Don't touch Tomorrowland at all, leave everything the way it is, its my favorite land!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I won't hold my breathe but who knows ;) I think the last non-IP attraction in the states was Expedition Everest back in 06? MMRR is the right IP, but still IP.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure whatever they come up with for the land overall will be IP based. But I just wouldn't be at all surprised if they try to create this generations ATIS or CoP type attraction. Now if they have to throw IP at it to get it approved, well then we're really getting the best of both worlds then.

Nland316

Based on my own hunches and observations, I think the most likely candidates for Tomorrowland IP’s are:

Tron
Big Hero 6
Walle
Buzz

I don’t think we would see any Marvel since that is now DCA’s new territory. As for originals, I wouldn’t be surprised either way if we get one or not. If we were I’m pretty sure it’d be something similar to what we’ve seen in the past such as ATIS/Peoplemover/etc.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Based on my own hunches and observations, I think the most likely candidates for Tomorrowland IP’s are:

Tron
Big Hero 6
Walle
Buzz

I don’t think we would see any Marvel since that is now DCA’s new territory. As for originals, I wouldn’t be surprised either way if we get one or not. If we were I’m pretty sure it’d be something similar to what we’ve seen in the past such as ATIS/20,000 Leagues/etc.
Not to nitpick, but technically isn't 20k Leagues IP as its based off the movie which is based off the book....

Figments Friend

Could you be so kind and direct me to that Baxter interview? This is news to me that he is working with Disney in any sort of consulting role.

Tony goes to WDI weekly for various reasons.
He may be 'retired', but he still actively participates in some tasks there.
He was also involved in a video series produced internally related to storytelling in themed design to (hopefully) point the newbies in a inspirational direction.

That's my boy....!

:)

-

shambolicdefending

Uh - was this sarcasm? Walt was interested in science fact based futurism. Space travel, yes, but not aliens. I agree Sci-Fi / Sci-Fantasy is probably the best way to build it timelessly and never have to redo it again. But that's not the original intent of the place.

I agree. Hence why I said "something close to" instead of "something exactly like."

CHOX

Get rid of stupid Nemo and give us a mashup of the Submarine Voyage and something from Future World in classic Epcot.

George Lucas on a Bench

People have really unrealistic expectations. They're never going to revive the microscope ride or anything like classic Epcot. That would be more boring than Algebra 2.

Rocket Rods was exactly the type of ride Tomorrowland needed. A high speed elevated car ride with strobes and a wheelie. If it hadn't suffered catastrophic failure, it would still be one of the most popular rides at DL.

Mac Tonight

People have really unrealistic expectations. They're never going to revive the microscope ride or anything like classic Epcot. That would be more boring than Algebra 2.

Rocket Rods was exactly the type of ride Tomorrowland needed. A high speed elevated car ride with strobes and a wheelie. If it hadn't suffered catastrophic failure, it would still be one of the most popular rides at DL.
Something tells me you didn't ever actually ride Rocket Rods. Or else you wouldn't think that way.

Phroobar

My only regrets in life are that I never went on Rocket Rods or Star Trek: The Experience.
Which amazes me. I thought you would be first in line for the Star Trek thing. It was in Vegas for ten years. I've seen it a few times and I rarely go to Vegas.

Here is Quark's bar as of 2014. Too bad Disney doesn't make something that looks like this.

1024px-WestgateBar.jpg

shambolicdefending

I loved Rocket Rods. It was a capacity and maintenance disaster, but I wish they'd spent the money to bring it up to its potential.

I agree. The concept of Rocket Rods was never a huge problem. I rode it and enjoyed it more than the PeopleMover it replaced. It wasn't "timeless classic" material, necessarily. But Disneyland is worse off today without it, than it would be with a properly engineered version.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Rocket Rod's infrastructure can't be fixed. They need new construction. They placed electrified vehicles capable of high speeds on the slow People Mover tracks. We already have Radiator Springs Racers. That's the new Rocket Rods. Tomorrowland needs a complete overhaul because it can't be fixed any longer. Whole buildings and tracks must be removed. Start over. The new Buzz Lightyear replacement is an intriguing rumor. They probably have a bigger plan to replace several rides and only saving Space Mountain.

DanielBB8

Which amazes me. I thought you would be first in line for the Star Trek thing. It was in Vegas for ten years. I've seen it a few times and I rarely go to Vegas.

Here is Quark's bar as of 2014. Too bad Disney doesn't make something that looks like this.

1024px-WestgateBar.jpg
Showing a defunct attraction doesn't seem to show much confidence of its success. I wish it survived especially when you realize how prematurely it closed down. Within a few years, the new Star Trek movies debut. Nonetheless, the new Star Trek movies are not going forward with Star Trek 4 starring Chris Pine. Star Trek Discovery won't last much longer. Never has a new series completely obliterated the Star Trek canon like Star Wars sequel series. JJ Abrams was behind this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom