Disneyland Tokyo

Cyberacer

Original Poster
I've never been to Disneyland Tokyo. Can anyone tell me what it's like? Is it better than Disneyland in California or Disneyland Paris?

dennikoon

It is surreal. All of the attractions are the same, but in Japanese. Small World, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain...all in Japanese.

There are a few things that were "tweeked" for Japan. For example, in MK, Mainstreet narrows to the top in front of Cindy's Castle which is a wagon wheel leading to the lands. But at TDL, the "Main Street" (called World Bazzar and covered) ends and opens up. Few trees, very spacious, lots of flower beds. The idea is that in Japan, wide open spaces say "Relax, this is a Vacation" better than cozy spaces.

The shows are MAJOR draws for the parks, since TDL is close to Tokyo and is veiwed as a "date spot". Lots of couples. This also means that fireworks and nightime parades are year-round.

There are very few good pictures of the castle in the daytime as the castle faces northeast. The magic of MK is missing at TDL partly because a local train takes you right up to the front. Not much time to "de-sensetize".

I do not think that there is a major reason for anyone to travel to TDL to see what they could see at any of the other DLs. It is interesting but not earth shattering. I can not say the same thing about Tokyo Disney Sea.

TDS is a phenomenal park and a real reason to come to Tokyo Disney Resort. It does not yet have a MAJOR thrill ride, but the details of the park and the scale of the project is something that Disney simply does not do anymore. The Oriental Land Company, the owners of the Disney Resort, went above and beyond to create a park that is complete from day one and can only get better, not like the soft opennings that you see today at other Disney resorts. I loved the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom