Attachments

• BA522C7D-9E19-43FE-9309-B9FDA9F49CEB.jpeg
    BA522C7D-9E19-43FE-9309-B9FDA9F49CEB.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 69

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Well, update from this evening at DTD:

All front lights from both DCA and DL are on, as well as all esplanade lights. Itā€™s so exciting to just be in that environment!

The displays in DCAā€™s front gift shops are unveiled, though I donā€™t see Halloween merch on them yet. It looks like 2020 merch.

There was work being done on Main streetā€™s right side, and when I went to go to the right gate area to peep and see if I can have a better view, a CM asked me if Iā€™m looking for anything in particular and kinda kindly shooed me away šŸ˜‚ that has never happened to me before, especially because I was looking From well behind the yellow rope they had out. So now Iā€™m wondering if they didnā€™t want me to see something lol

SO much demand tonight. Never seen it like this since reopening. Youā€™d think the parks opened. The highway ramp leading eventually to parking was backed up as people waited in anticipation to get in. We parked at garden walk and it was SO packed in there too. We had to stand in a long line outside of security once on property and they let parties in as another party came out.

Executives meeting and talking everywhere with one another. Husband overheard them talking to security about ā€œwhen we reopenā€.... and thatā€™s all he caught of course šŸ˜³ this isnā€™t coming from me itā€™s coming from my better half lol so take it as you wish šŸ˜‚

SO much more activity around the resort district. It was so refreshing to see. The Garden walk as packed, people walking about and dining.

Lights on in the old ESPN zone But they are having the merchandise event this Monday so it makes sense.

Annnnnd I saw my first Disney cat šŸ˜» so that capped it off. It was a beautiful night; we had La Brea chowder and a glass of wine and meandered. It felt like home. Idk if anyone else has been much, but theyā€™re really doing a great job. So much mask enforcement and distance enforcement.

Tamandua

My wife got excited tonight and told me that a website called blog Mickey is reporting that they are planning to open on September 28th. I kind of doubt it because it's a Monday but they say they have sources so... Whatever.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
My wife got excited tonight and told me that a website called blog Mickey is reporting that they are planning to open on September 28th. I kind of doubt it because it's a Monday but they say they have sources so... Whatever.
Yeah, @Chris Jarrett also mentioned that a page ago! Intriguing to say the least. Honestly, even if they donā€™t open until October 2021, I get enjoyment out of hunting for clues and speculating. So Iā€™m all about this anyway. Plus, I actually saw someone on twitter post 2 days ago that their sources said the same thing about opening on the 28th, before the supposed meetings yesterday. šŸ•µšŸ»šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

smooch

I'm guessing you're near Sacramento? Though I no longer live there I grew near Sacramento and I have a lot of friends and family still there. I might have some suggestions.

Yep! I'm a bit outside Sacramento, I'm in Folsom so like a 30 minute drive depending on traffic / where in Sacramento. If you do have some suggestions I would appreciate hearing them and will check them out whenever I'm actually able to (so probably in 2022 at this rate ;) ).

el_super

That part I agree with. Maskless ragers with 200 people need to stop, but a DL run like WDW is being run would have very low risk.

The reason why Disneyland isn't open, isn't because it's comparatively less safe, but because of the overall cumulative increase in the number of cases it would create. Even if 99% of people visiting Disneyland did not become infected, that 1% could still represent 100s of people per week. It then becomes a question of whether the health care capacity can accommodate those extra bodies. That's the unknown element that's causing this to drag on. As more and more businesses reopen, case counts increase, and it has to be done in a slow methodical fashion to keep the hospitals running and open.

Disneyland is at the end of a long list of other things that need to open in OC first: indoor dining, churches, schools, gyms, bowling alleys... each one of those reopening will cause an unknown increase in the daily/weekly infection rate, and so it is unknown whether they system can accommodate them. OC already came close to hitting the capacity danger zone before the indoor dining was shut down again. The hope would be that this time, when things start to reopen Monday, a greater respect for protection efforts and mask wearing will result in a smaller spike than last time. But we won't know that for a couple weeks out. And then maybe the schools can reopen, but again we would have to wait a couple weeks to see the results before moving forward again.

If the case numbers stay low, Disneyland can certainly reopen before December. All it will take is for the public in OC to actually have some respect for the virus and follow the guidelines (read: common sense): Wear a mask, wash your hands, social distance and limit your interactions.

Tamandua

You know what's interesting? My wife works in a senior living facility as a manager and these are the people most at risk for covid. They've taken extreme precautions, halted all visits from families for months, won't let people go in and out... Basically just made the residents prisoners. Do you think they are happy with it? Absolutely not. They are upset that they can't spend their final years doing what they want and visiting with their loved ones. These families aren't grateful that their relatives are being sheltered from the virus. They're frustrated that they're paying to essentially keep their relatives in prison cells.

The real irony is that despite the draconian efforts to keep the virus out, they've still had cases. It's all pointless.

icc2515

Initial step applied on August 28, 2020:
  1. Each county is assigned to a tier based on an adjusted case rate and test positivity from the prior two reporting periods. If a county's case rate and test positivity measure fall into two different tiers, the county will be assigned the more restrictive tier.
  2. This tier status will be effective on Monday, August 31, 2020.
  3. If a county is initially assigned to Purple Tier 1 and has met the criteria for a less restrictive tier the prior week, the county only needs to meet the criteria for a less restrictive tier for one more week to move to the Red Tier 2. (For the September 8, 2020 assignment, a county does not need to remain in the Purple Tier 1 for three weeks. For all subsequent assessments, a county must remain in a tier for three weeks and meet the criteria to advance as described below.)"
I get all this, but what I don't understand and cannot find in the text is what happens if the county draws a pink Covid card and rolls 2 4's on the dice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom