Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

westie

Original Poster
I have reservations for a DLR trip on Sept. 20th. I called yesterday to cancel and the castmember told me they plan to open the parks on the 16th. So I kept my ressie as she also gave me till the 13th to cancel with no penalties. Although I am very excited because I made my ressies back in Jan., the only dining options I see are still in DtD. I am checking the DLR site daily because this wouldn't be the first time a castmember has let me down. Fingers crossed because every other plan for this summer has been canceled.

Figments Friend

I have reservations for a DLR trip on Sept. 20th. I called yesterday to cancel and the castmember told me they plan to open the parks on the 16th. So I kept my ressie as she also gave me till the 13th to cancel with no penalties. Although I am very excited because I made my ressies back in Jan., the only dining options I see are still in DtD. I am checking the DLR site daily because this wouldn't be the first time a castmember has let me down. Fingers crossed because every other plan for this summer has been canceled.

This would be terrific if true.

Let's see what happens!

-

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
This is super interesting! Did she say for certain say “parks” or the hotel? I know they are cancelling hotel reservations through sept 16.... but that’s also a Wednesday which is super curious

TP2000

This is super interesting! Did she say for certain say “parks” or the hotel? I know they are cancelling hotel reservations through sept 16.... but that’s also a Wednesday which is super curious

It's also curious that an entry-level CM working the phones at the reservations center would be announcing the reopening date for Disneyland, before it has been announced by Disney itself and before the state government has announced any sort of plan or timeline for reopening the theme park and tourism industry in the state.

Curiouser and curiouser. 🧐

Figments Friend

Not sure if this means anything, but i am currently on the official DLR website and can book a stay at either Disney's Grand Californian or Paradise Pier hotels right now for late September.
Any date after September 16th.

Not that i would book a stay at one of those choices ( $689 / $382..??! Um, no...) but i was curious as to if i could do so after the rumored date.

The Disneyland Hotel is not available, as we already know.

-

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

giphy.gif

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Not sure if this means anything, but i am currently on the official DLR website and can book a stay at either Disney's Grand Californian or Paradise Pier hotels right now for late September.
Not that i would book a stay at one of those choices, but was curious as to if i could do so after September 16th.

Disneyland Hotel is not available, as we already know.

-

I also did, and verified that availability For the two hotels start on September 16 but not prior. But also, that has been the case before their weekly cancellations... this one is just interesting because, prior to this, the weekly cancellations were “through August 8”and “through aug 22” then “aug 29” then sept 5 and finally sept 15? This one is the only day not on a Saturday. And it’s further out than the norm push of recent weeks.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
I said this in our official Disneyland reopening thread but....

“Even more interesting... a couple of the good neighbor hotels— castle inn and Alpine inn— don’t have availability on their websites until Sept 16. 🤔 is this because they have been following the model for the DL resort hotels? Or because they know something?!”

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
After being excited about July 17, and it being postponed, I am not entirely sure I believe this. The reopening is dependent on forces beyond Disney's control.

Honestly, I am 100% with you. I didn’t even freak out as much as I thought when the opening was first announced July 17 because I saw the “pending government approval” and knew better. I’m not holding my breath, BUT I keep my eyes peeled for any new movement and just hope for the best 😜

cmwade77

The timing makes sense, consider Taste of Knott's runs through September 13th and I honestly wondered why they would have chosen to make that many weekends at once unless they knew they wouldn't be able to reopen until mid September and why they wouldn't have done more weekends of they thought they wouldn't be able to open by mid September. My guess is the state of California has told both Disney and Knott's more than us.

cmwade77

As a cm we haven't heard anything yet even our union doesn't know. But I work in the parks. Could be just the hotels are opening up like Knott's is going to?
As I said, it is entirely possible that Disney knows more than they are letting on and they may be keeping that information close unless absolutely necessary, such as discouraging cancellations to ensure a certain amount of guests when reopening in case the date does have to change again for some reason. Which is why they likely aren't telling the CMs that work in the parks anything until they are sure.

mharrington

As I said, it is entirely possible that Disney knows more than they are letting on and they may be keeping that information close unless absolutely necessary, such as discouraging cancellations to ensure a certain amount of guests when reopening in case the date does have to change again for some reason. Which is why they likely aren't telling the CMs that work in the parks anything until they are sure.

Let's not forget, though, they had reservations set for August 22, then canceled it and pushed back to August 29. Now it looks like that has been canceled as well. So who knows?

Also, it seems rather strange to me that the government would be this secretive with Disney and Knott's. From private conversations with @Disney Irish and others, I would bet they would not talk to anyone, not Disney or Knott's or anyone else, until cases can get down again and then stay down without the risk of spiking yet again.

denyuntilcaught

And would explain why a CM in reservations would indeed know the date. Very much on a "need to know" basis.

I'm not keeping my hopes up, but also hope for the best!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom